LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 369 users in the forums

Singletary apologizes to Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
clearly, all was not as it seemed on the field last weekend to the casual fan....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blog.49ers.com/2009/12/21/monday%e2%80%99s-locker-room-talk-6/

Monday’s Locker Room Talk

Quote:
Despite the frustration of losing another game because of “self-inflicted wounds,” Smith said he undoubtedly feels something special developing in the 49ers locker room. “I’m not just saying this to say this, but I do feel like there’s been a bit of a mindset change around here, an expectation level, a confidence in what we can do,” Smith added.

Quote:
Singletary opened his press conference by sharing an exchange he had with Alex Smith last night. “I owe him an apology,” Singletary said a day after he was critical of his quarterback’s performance in a 27-13 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. “I talked with him after the game and we had a conversation where I really kind of challenged him on some things, some of those throws or whatever. After looking at it, I have a better perspective.” Smith said the talk between the two was a positive one for him as well. “He did [apologize]. He doesn’t owe me an apology though,” Smith added. “We were all disappointed with yesterday. That wasn’t the only thing we talked about. The point is to get better moving on. It was a good talk. I did take a lot away from it.”
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I can't wait for 2010 with Alex as the starter the whole off season and some new additions via the draft and free agency. I'm really excited.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I can't wait until 2011 when we've finally realized what has been 100% apparent from Day 1.... that Alex Smith is not the answer
Originally posted by crzy:
I can't wait until 2011 when we've finally realized what has been 100% apparent from Day 1.... that Alex Smith is not the answer

So you are rooting for the Niners to flop in 2010?

Go be a fan of the Raiders, the Niners don't need your type.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

I don't agree with you at all....

Still that was funny.

:-D
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Like it or not, Alex is will be the starter in 2010.

Where is Hannibal Lector when we need him most?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo63:

Like it or not, Alex is will be the starter in 2010.

And the Niners will miss the playoffs again in 2010.

"Rex Grossman is our quarterback"...oh sorry!...wrong thread.

No you are going to realize what everyone knows the Alex Smith does not belong in the NFL !
Originally posted by cNiner:

No you are going to realize what everyone knows the Alex Smith does not belong in the NFL !

Out of curiosity if he proves you wrong will you eat crow?

And not agreeing or dissagreeing with you but you have a strong opinion he will fail.
Originally posted by cNiner:

Being excited that our starting QB will fall on his face and take the team success down with him.... hmmm... yes, wonderful fan you are.... good job on that.
(Asked by MM)On why 49ers quarterbacks have started well and hit a wall the last couple of seasons:

“First of all, I have not seen Alex hit a wall. I have to be very honest there, that is why I am looking forward to the next two games. I have not seen him hit a wall. I think he has been consistent. We can go back to the Tennessee game and you say, ‘Hey, he had four turnovers.’ No, no he didn’t. There was some help that he had in that game, and it was the same in this game. It is a shame to me that every time a quarterback throws an interception that automatically it’s him. The guy is off, well he stinks. I think it is very important, and you have to evaluate it as the coach and make sure that you are looking at that quarterback and not destroy him and forget about the other parties involved. Is it the line, are they giving him enough protection? Is it the receivers, are they getting where they are supposed to go? Is there a trust factor, that receiver, can he trust him? There are a lot of different issues, which is why when I look at the film I am very encouraged. I don’t have a situation in here where I am sitting back thinking, ‘Man, I thought Alex was making progress and now I don’t know.’ I’m not there at all, I promise you. I feel very good about his progression and the fact that he has only played a month and a half, maybe two, I am very encouraged by what I have seen in a short amount of time for a guy who has been out of football for a couple of years.”

After reading this fellas, why cant we just put personal bias aside and support our team going into 2010.

I mean Im a Smith supporter, but I say 2010 is it for him, If he does start and doesnt get it done, then his ass is gone too. However, why cant we as fans just come together and support the team.

Already there are posts about 2011. Bout 2010, being a total washout, and we didnt even finish this season yet. I'm just saying overall, Sing isnt an TEAM excuse guy, he tells you what he feels whether you like it or not.

His words above shows me that he recognizes other faults on the offense and not just the qb play. From those words, if you draw any other conclusion other then that it's about the team, and your first words are Alex Smith this or that negatively. Then honestly you shouldnt even write at all next year, because it would be nice to start a season out positively and consistently with the same team for another full year.
Share 49ersWebzone