LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Question To Al Niner Fans??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:
How long will you stay a fan if the we keep losing and don't make the playoffs year after year? I am a fan for life.

Well dude, I've been around since 1954 ... how long do you want?

Can you say Grandpa or even Great Grandpa?
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 22, 2009 at 10:08 AM ]
I don't know who "Al Niner" is, or who his fans are.... but if I were him, I'd be a fan for life.

... and I am.

Anyone that answers anything but "FOR LIFE!" should just go ahead and find themselves another team.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
I don't know who "Al Niner" is, or who his fans are.... but if I were him, I'd be a fan for life.

... and I am.

I think he is refering to Weird Al Yankovic maybe? Or maybe Al Davis is secretly a Niners fan thus letting Crabtree slip to us at pick #10

As for me been a Niners fan since 1981 and will die a Niners fan which may be soon if they continue to break my heart year after year with below .500 records
[ Edited by 9erfreak on Dec 22, 2009 at 3:11 PM ]
It depends on how far the franchise sinks. The 2-14 year was bad but I could forgive them because I saw what they were trying to do (get out from Sal-Cap hell). But if all things are equal with other franchises, and the team still can't find a way to win, I don't know if I can continue to torture myself with resting my football hopes on them.

That being said, things would have to get pretty bad. That or Jerry Jones buys the team and signs Brett Favre to be a player-coach. Then I'm just running a warm tub, opening a good vein or two, and wait for the darkness to come.
Im jumpin ship now that we suck this season. But all the wins and excitement over the past 6 seasons had been enough to keep me rollin....
Born a niner fan & I'll die a niner fan
born in 1981 been watching the niners since about 87... niners for life... No matter what happens, but I think we are gonna be really good next year!
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
How long will you stay a fan if the we keep losing and don't make the playoffs year after year? I am a fan for life.

Excellent Kauaiguy--You've got me beat. My first game at Kezar was in 1964 when Jim Marshall ran the wrong way for a TD. A lot of these kids haven't been thru the ups and downs that we've seen. I'll never get over being a crushed teenager watching from the end zone when the niners were in their first NFC championship in 1970 against the Cowboys--that really hurt. Good, bad, or ugly I'm with the niners all the way all the time.
The last 7 years haven't even tested my loyalty, if anything they've made it stronger.

but if they lose to the Lions I'm done.

Is there cable in the afterlife if so I'll be watchen!
FOREVER...whenever i die i'm gonna look down on whatever stadium the 49ers play in each weekend
Originally posted by wrongway9erfan:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

Excellent Kauaiguy--You've got me beat. My first game at Kezar was in 1964 when Jim Marshall ran the wrong way for a TD. A lot of these kids haven't been thru the ups and downs that we've seen. I'll never get over being a crushed teenager watching from the end zone when the niners were in their first NFC championship in 1970 against the Cowboys--that really hurt. Good, bad, or ugly I'm with the niners all the way all the time.

I was so glad I was in Vietnam in '70. Got to take my frustration out on........
I Bartend in Vegas and I get asked two questions multiple times a day

1. They see my wedding ring and as if I am married.
I tell them " no I just wear it for better tips and to pick up chicks".

2. They see my 49ers beltbuckle and ask if I am a 9ers fan
I tell them "there are no bandwagon 49er fans anymore....If you are rockin 49er gear these days not only are you a fan but have been for years".
an S.F. niner fan for al time!

al time!

[ Edited by TonyStarks on Dec 30, 2009 at 10:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone