LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Question To Al Niner Fans??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
this year is different, I know you all want to make it as this year is the same as any of the past 6 or 7 years, to me its not....

for the first time in all this terrible years I think we have the players and system in place to actually be a playoff team... the offense in the past two games have been balance and have shown through the season that it has potential, with this season and the off season under its belt this offense will be above average and yes that with Alex Smith as QB, with him under center next year we will see what he has to offer with him knowing the system and we will have one more year to see how Nate Davis evolved, our receivers will improve their timing with our qbs and frank will lean to perfectionate how to run out of the shotgun, the defense needs maturity and a few situational playmakers SS, CB, OLB...

if our defense plays a bit more consistent and our offense evolves 25 % from were we are right now, we will be in the playoffs and looking to do some damage on them...

I am not happy how this season ended but at the same time this next year I know we will make it to the playoffs...

go niners
[ Edited by servegmo on Dec 21, 2009 at 11:07 AM ]
This question is a kin to asking how long a father with continue to love his screwed up son. Sure I might lose sleep over his behavior and I times even want to disown him, but what are you going to do it's family, for life.
I'm a Niner fan for 50 years and will always be one. To much history to try and root for someone else. GO NINERS.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Been a fan for over 35 years, I have lived through a few 2-14 seasons and survived, no reason to bail now.
Right on, it's the Brotherhood of the Niners.
lol at first i thought u meant Alabama niner fans but i'm a fan for life, was born in 85 the same yr rice went to the niners and went to ms valley the same school as rice so its out of my control lol its destiny
s**t they have sucked for ten years whats another couple
I'm thinking maybe about 2 or 3 more years. TOPS.
It's just like family, we can say anything we want but don't let anyone else say anything bad.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This question is a kin to asking how long a father with continue to love his screwed up son. Sure I might lose sleep over his behavior and I times even want to disown him, but what are you going to do it's family, for life.

Wow.. I had no idea the 49ers had so many fans named Al.
You can call me Al. That's not my name, but I'm a Niner fan 4 LIFE! Have been since the 70's and there is no reason to bail now.

If I can survive the Dennis Erickson and Mike Nolan years, I can survive this season. This team is closer to the top than to the bottom. Finally, I have hope and that's reason enough to keep the faith.

• Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
you should be banned for asking such a dumb question

A TRUE fan, need not ask this question. Through the winning and losing, we are fans forever!
Personally. I don't fault anyone for leaving if they come to the conclusion that your teams owner is not really interesting in winning. I hope people understand the difference.

I will never approve a fan leaving simply because the team is not winning. But imho, we are not just losing. We are hopeless and deserve to lose. The reason I say we are hopeless is because the post Debartalo era is filled with constant high level blunders. The type of blunders that have caused me to lose all faith in this organization. We are now the Browns and Lions as far as I can tell.

I am not going to stop being a Niner fan but I am going to try to become a casual fan. If I can accomplish that each season I will simply predict 5 wins, and I will have no idea who our LOLB or RG is.

Stop being a fan? Nope. Stop being a fanatic? YES.
Who's Al?
Share 49ersWebzone