LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 137 users in the forums

Any news on Nate?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Not sure. He was out there laughing and smiling cuz there was no way he could have been burnt on Monday night..

I didn't know clements smokes weed

its not that hard to look at Nate Clements and come up with the conclusion that he probably smokes weed, along with 80% of the rest of the NFL.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I havent heard anything in a while. When is he supposed to be back?

i don't think it matters anymore! our defense looks exactly the same with or with out him! when he comes back... i hope he's traded!

What in the flying hell are you talking about? BS the defense looks the same without him.

Good god man.

NT =

ohhhh and to top it off lemme ask you this! is he really worth 80 million... i don't think so buddy!

nobody in the NFL is worth 80 million. football is too risky a sport to spend that kind of money on someone who runs around a bunch of 300 lb men diving at knees.

the bad part about the contract was the fact that what remained of his prime was used up in rebuilding years.

i don't think it matters anymore! our defense looks exactly the same with or with out him! when he comes back... i hope he's traded!

What in the flying hell are you talking about? BS the defense looks the same without him.

Good god man.

NT =

ohhhh and to top it off lemme ask you this! is he really worth 80 million... i don't think so buddy!

nobody in the NFL is worth 80 million. football is too risky a sport to spend that kind of money on someone who runs around a bunch of 300 lb men diving at knees.

the bad part about the contract was the fact that what remained of his prime was used up in rebuilding years.

I thought football contracts werent' really guaranteed?

Good god man.

NT =

It is not an $80M deal.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Good god man.

NT =

It is not an $80M deal.

oh my bad.... highest paid cornerback! at the time!

Good god man.

NT =

First off.......forget it.

"I'm not your buddy, friend."

[ Edited by horsecore on Dec 16, 2009 at 13:05:33 ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Good god man.

NT =

It is not an $80M deal.

oh my bad.... highest paid cornerback! at the time!

another fail alanbeez

Good god man.

NT =

the only thing he's done well you jerk is tackle! ya... i said it! he's never been well at being a cover corner! and now that his shoulder blade is messed up don't you think that makes a difference!

terrell brown, spencer and dre bly are way better cover corners then he is at covering the one on one! he gets burnt like toast left in the toaster oven too long!

Ah, name calling.

Isn't recess over for you yet?

Good god man.

NT =

Manning is!

Good god man.

NT =

the only thing he's done well you jerk is tackle! ya... i said it! he's never been well at being a cover corner! and now that his shoulder blade is messed up don't you think that makes a difference!

terrell brown, spencer and dre bly are way better cover corners then he is at covering the one on one! he gets burnt like toast left in the toaster oven too long!

Ah, name calling.

no... but its time for you to go back to school and learn something about football!

Good god man.

NT =

I thought football contracts werent' really guaranteed?

they arent. he still got too much for what he does, but that was the market for the best DB available that year. remember, we chose to sign him over Adalius Thomas. that worked out anyways, since hes not as good as we thought hed be, and we have playmaking LB coming out our ears. plus we might not have drafted Willis if we had Thomas.

Good god man.

NT =

Nor will the 49ers ever pay him 80 million.
  • Veteran
Nate's contract is not 80 million but its for anyone thinking of switching him over to safety. Its still alot to pay someone at the safety position. He might not be willing to restructure since he might feel he can make cornerback money elsewhere.

I'm not saying we should trade or cut him, I'm just saying if he is not going to be our starting at cornerback going up against #1 recievers then we will be overpaying him unless we can get him to restructure.

Shutdown corners and elite safeties like Reed and Troy get those big bucks but unless we think Nate will be our Ed Reed we shouldn't pay him that much to switch positions.

Good god man.

NT =

Ah, name calling.

no... but its time for you to go back to school and learn something about football!

You could take your own advice and do pretty well with it. Just substitute "football" with "English". I would also work on those analogies while you're at it.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Good god man.

NT =

Nor will the 49ers ever pay him 80 million.

it's a 80 million dollar contract! 22 million in guaranteed money! he won't make 80 million cause he doesn't play like he's worth 80 million... now the question is... do you really want this guy to be our ELITE cover corner? and if you've said yes... you're a fool! all he's great at is picking up the run off his corner that or holding on to his wr that he's covering cause he gets burnt on every other play! you guys are bogus! our defense is way better with out him! and we'd be better signing another corner!
Share 49ersWebzone