Any news on Nate?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I havent heard anything in a while. When is he supposed to be back?

i don't think it matters anymore! our defense looks exactly the same with or with out him! when he comes back... i hope he's traded!

What in the flying hell are you talking about? BS the defense looks the same without him.

Good god man.

NT =

the only thing he's done well you jerk is tackle! ya... i said it! he's never been well at being a cover corner! and now that his shoulder blade is messed up don't you think that makes a difference!

terrell brown, spencer and dre bly are way better cover corners then he is at covering the one on one! he gets burnt like toast left in the toaster oven too long!

Ah, name calling.

Isn't recess over for you yet?

no... but its time for you to go back to school and learn something about football!

Ah, a classic NT response.

Run along now - the dodge ball game needs the slow, stupid kid back in the middle.

i don't think it matters anymore! our defense looks exactly the same with or with out him! when he comes back... i hope he's traded!

What in the flying hell are you talking about? BS the defense looks the same without him.

Good god man.

NT =

the only thing he's done well you jerk is tackle! ya... i said it! he's never been well at being a cover corner! and now that his shoulder blade is messed up don't you think that makes a difference!

terrell brown, spencer and dre bly are way better cover corners then he is at covering the one on one! he gets burnt like toast left in the toaster oven too long!

Ah, name calling.

no... but its time for you to go back to school and learn something about football!

Run along now - the dodge ball game needs the slow, stupid kid back in the middle.

It happens when someone gets called on a bulls**t statement and have no reasonable response. In essence, he just admitted he had nothing legit to support his silly statement.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Good god man.

NT =

ohhhh and to top it off lemme ask you this! is he really worth 80 million... i don't think so buddy!

Nor will the 49ers ever pay him 80 million.

it's a 80 million dollar contract! 22 million in guaranteed money! he won't make 80 million cause he doesn't play like he's worth 80 million... now the question is... do you really want this guy to be our ELITE cover corner? and if you've said yes... you're a fool! all he's great at is picking up the run off his corner that or holding on to his wr that he's covering cause he gets burnt on every other play! you guys are bogus! our defense is way better with out him! and we'd be better signing another corner!

He is still ripping us off.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Good god man.

NT =

Ah, name calling.

It happens when someone gets called on a bulls**t statement and have no reasonable response. In essence, he just admitted he had nothing legit to support his silly statement.

Indeed.

He used a lot of exclamation points though so he must really believe his own BS.

Good god man.

NT =

ohhhh and to top it off lemme ask you this! is he really worth 80 million... i don't think so buddy!

it's a 80 million dollar contract! 22 million in guaranteed money! he won't make 80 million cause he doesn't play like he's worth 80 million... now the question is... do you really want this guy to be our ELITE cover corner? and if you've said yes... you're a fool! all he's great at is picking up the run off his corner that or holding on to his wr that he's covering cause he gets burnt on every other play! you guys are bogus! our defense is way better with out him! and we'd be better signing another corner!

Until that other corner is signed, we are not better off without Nate. And if his replacement is a draftee, again, we need to hang on to him for now.

Our db's are not the strongest area of the team. The guy is a genuine player, and won't be cut or traded for some time. Consult AB83 about his contract. You appear to misunderstand it and AB can put you right

Good god man.

NT =

Calm down, dude.
Originally posted by English:

Good god man.

NT =

Until that other corner is signed, we are not better off without Nate. And if his replacement is a draftee, again, we need to hang on to him for now.

Our db's are not the strongest area of the team. The guy is a genuine player, and won't be cut or traded for some time. Consult AB83 about his contract. You appear to misunderstand it and AB can put you right

Agreed.

I think there are better options than Clements but until we actually have a better option on this team then I say Nate should be our starting CB going into next year. I am major problems with Clements but who is bettter? Harris? He's not signed for next year and he's old CB comign off an injury. Brown? Hasn't proven he's better than Nate yet.

Good god man.

NT =

I'm pretty sure it ends up being 6 years for $44 million if they void the last two years of the deal. He's got three more years before the BIG money years come into play from what I understand. And he will not be a 9er (or not be playing under the same contract) in 2013. So the most he'll end up making on that contract is $44million, assuming he plays through 2012 (and doesn't restructure). Almost HALF of the $80 million number being thrown around.

Good god man.

NT =

I'm pretty sure it ends up being 6 years for $44 million if they void the last two years of the deal. He's got three more years before the BIG money years come into play from what I understand. And he will not be a 9er (or not be playing under the same contract) in 2013. So the most he'll end up making on that contract is $44million, assuming he plays through 2012 (and doesn't restructure). Almost HALF of the $80 million number being thrown around.

I can't remember the exact numbers, which is why I threw AB83's name out, but you have the general idea.

Actually, virtually all NFL starters are vastly overpaid in my view!!!!

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Good god man.

NT =

Ah, name calling.

Indeed.

He used a lot of exclamation points though so he must really believe his own BS.

he made the probowl once as a cb in 2004 with the bills! but yet he's still our best cb, his numbers have gone down each year but he's still our best cornerback, walt harris had better stats then he did over the 2 years... but he's still our best cornerback! ya guys... he's great! he's a probowler! nate clements WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR THE NINERS LATELY! IS HE WORTH KEEPING? NO!

Good god man.

NT =

This is true. I've read Nate's contract and hidden on page 27 in Paragraph D.3.(a).(i) is the following language:

"If it is decided by a random poster on an internet forum ("Random Poster"), in Random Poster's sole and absolute discretion, that Player [defined earlier in the Agreement as "Nate Clements"], "doesn't play like he's worth 80 million," then Player's Total Compensation [also defined earlier in the Agreement] shall be reduced to the dollar figure that Random Poster, again in Random Poster's sole and absolute discretion, deems reasonable and appropriate based on nothing in particular."

Who knew?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Good god man.

NT =

This is true. I've read Nate's contract and hidden on page 27 in Paragraph D.3.(a).(i) is the following language:

"If it is decided by a random poster on an internet forum ("Random Poster"), in Random Poster's sole and absolute discretion, that Player [defined earlier in the Agreement as "Nate Clements"], "doesn't play like he's worth 80 million," then Player's Total Compensation [also defined earlier in the Agreement] shall be reduced to the dollar figure that Random Poster, again in Random Poster's sole and absolute discretion, deems reasonable and appropriate based on nothing in particular."

Who knew?

Dude, did you purposely write it like that so said poster wouldn't understand it?

You law types sure are funny.
Hang on, my sarcasm detector just went on the fritz.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Good god man.

NT =

Who knew?

Dude, did you purposely write it like that so said poster wouldn't understand it?

You law types sure are funny.

funny! as if i'm a 5 year old child that doesn't understand what you're saying! anyways... the forum is about nate! and our current set up of cornerbacks have covered way better then nate!
Share 49ersWebzone