There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kawakami: 2 out of 4 have to go. The question: which 2

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Alex Stays...He PROVEN NOT TO BE THE PROBLEM......

Jimmy GOTTA Go & Maybe Sing.....

Scotty....He has some good picks (Gore, V.Davis, Alex Smith, Crabz, Morgan, J.Hill, T.Brown, P.Willis, etc......MOST OF HIS O-LINEMAN ARE NOT GOOD PICKS.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Mike Shanahan would know what to do with Alex, Frank, Vernon, and Michael!
The ownership and senior management have full confidence in our GM and HC. They are doing heck of a job. The team has lost 3 games so far on our internal scoreboard that's voted on by members of senior management (VP and above) after each game. The ownership is pleased with the current progress and result.

Tim Kawakami is not part of our organization.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jed_york:
The ownership and senior management have full confidence in our GM and HC. They are doing heck of a job. The team has lost 3 games so far on our internal scoreboard that's voted on by members of senior management (VP and above) after each game. The ownership is pleased with the current progress and result.

Tim Kawakami is not part of our organization.

Hey Jed read my comment below!!

Originally posted by DRnSFw:
It really depends how we finish the year. If we only beat the rams and the lions, I might seriously start questioning Sing's head coaching. I am hoping that Raye wants to retire after this year, regardless whether that brings in a new offensive system. He was Sing's fifth choice for OC, so you can't really blame him. Maybe he scared off all the other OC candidates though...
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
I think we have to keep all 4. I know public enemy #1 right now is Raye and I have been frustrated with his game plans too, but we have to give this coaching staff and Smith 2 full years to see if they can be more than what they are now.

People say it takes 2 full years to fully establish a new scheme/OC. And Alex will have gotten 2 years under the same OC for the first time in his career. Singletary is still a rookie HC. And Scot, well, he is tied to 2 out of the 3 guys.

If year 2 is a bust, then I say it will be clear that we need to clean house.

I agree. The one thing we never tried with Alex is give him 2 years in the same system. It's incredible to think but it's true.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think we have to keep all 4. I know public enemy #1 right now is Raye and I have been frustrated with his game plans too, but we have to give this coaching staff and Smith 2 full years to see if they can be more than what they are now.

People say it takes 2 full years to fully establish a new scheme/OC. And Alex will have gotten 2 years under the same OC for the first time in his career. Singletary is still a rookie HC. And Scot, well, he is tied to 2 out of the 3 guys.

I agree. The one thing we never tried with Alex is give him 2 years in the same system. It's incredible to think but it's true.

I agree...but We see Alex is basiclly lethal in the spread/shotgun,.....if an OC installs an offense like this....it would benefit not just Alex,...but Gore, Vernon, Crabs, J.Hill, Morgan as well.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

And one benefit that may come out of this is Alex could have more say in the game plan. He did it in Utah and I think he can do it here. It is just a matter of Raye trusting Alex and it may happen if Alex was to have a full off-season working with the first team and offense.
Sing will not be fired after his first year. So drop it.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Tim K asks the question Jed York will have to ask himself pretty soon: McCloguhan, Smith, Singletary e Raye. At most only two of those 4 will come back next year. The problem: i can't be just ANY two:

Quote:
If you fire McCloughan, what GM would want to come in with Singletary already in place? A new GM would want his own coach.

If you fire Singletary, what makes you think McCloughan can pick the new guy and stock the roster?

If you fire Raye, won’t Singletary be upset? He’s the one who chose Raye, he probably would just hire a Raye clone, anyway.

Smith and McCloughan are tied at the hip. Who is there to take over at QB?
LINK

So, assuming he is right, which road is the better one?

i would get rid of McClueless and Raye, Raye being number 1 priority to get rid of. Only reason why no alexia smith is because he restructured his deal and he is coming cheap for us, and yes i guess there is still a little hope if we go to the spread.
He forgets we are dealing with the York regime, so none will go.
Clearly this is what happens when the Niners decided to hire an on the job training coach. Sing can leave town and take Bill Cosby with him
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

BINGO! My friend and I were discussing this very same topic. In the past, the York's have managed the team by making last minute, knee jerk decisions. Now it's time for Jed York to be PROACTIVE. It's an exciting time to be a Niners fan. We have a brand new stadium on the horizon and we have a lot of quality players on the squad.

That being said, Jed has to question whether "Mike Singletary" football is going to put fans in the seats? Many would argue that going across town to watch a 10-3 football is boring. I'm just playing devils advocate here so bear with me.

I like Singletary, but at the end of the day I see him nothing more than a rah rah type of coach. I certainly don't think he'll wow anybody with his Xs and Os. Rah Rah coaches are the first coaches to lose their effectiveness. I'd argue that it's already happening.

Why not hire Shanny at the end of the season and do whatever it takes to keep Manusky as defensive coordinator? I think this would be a step in the right direction.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Good article.

No doubt York is in a tough situation. To me, i think that this is how i think it's played out:

I think Singletary is given another year.

Unless Raye goes to a more spread look, he's fired.

Smith goes unless Raye moves to the spread. To me, Smith excels in the spread offense and little else. If we have no plans to run the spread, Smith is not the right QB.

McCloughan - i honestly don't know.

-9fA

Agree with this.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I know we all think that 2010 might be our year. I'm starting to think differently. This almost seems like a no win situation. Almost! We all have our own little offseason plan on how to fix it. How often does the organization do what we think is right?

The only way this works in my opinion. Is if Sing fires Raye and gets a real proven OC. I just don't see that happening. I think he will talk to Raye and try to change this or that. I don't see it being successful.

Firing Scotty means another setback as the new GM will likely just use the first year to self evaluate. Same with firing Sing.

We need an Oline and QB regardless who is here. I don't care what anybody has to say about Alex having time and looking average or decent or any of that nonsense. Dude's a good kid and all. I wish him the best. But he has to go!

If Sing doesn't man up from now until February. Expect a loooong 2010 all you optimists!