LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Blame Singletary thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
at changing the offense and the philosiphy, and at the stregnths of Alex Smith and this offense, because Alex Smith is very productive out of this shotgun spread formation, he ran it in Utah and he's very comfortable in it."

Its SooOOo FRUSTRATING that even Billick, along with all of US see that the offense of philosiphy needs to change. Atleats right now, because we have no oline up front, Gore cant run behind a line that cant block and a defense that stacks the box with 8 men, although Gore is talented enough to bust one game in game out behind the s**tty oline. We've been succesful as a team, Smith, Davis, Crabtree, and scoring points out of the gun!!.. We almost made a comeback @ Hou with it, then we go away from it to start out games, and dig our selfs in a hole. I put the Hou, Indy, and now this GB game on Singletary and Raye for their inability to realize what we have, and not stick to it. Therefore we are 4-6, and very well could be 7-3..

Oh yeah, and you Smith bashers do NOT make sense. Its BS the things you guys say.. 3-7 5yds to start the half, not impressive numbers, but the play calls were designed to throw short, and GB was ALL OVER IT. Smith was good and has improved alot this season when we open it up down the field, and he proved that today making tight, accurate throws and again gave us a chance at the end of the game, but to late when ur coaching was atrocious and game plan and defense fail!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Fire SING!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by kronik:
I don't get what u guys are complaining about. The challenge? That was actually a really smart move. Why? Because he was going to call a timeout anyways to stop the clock. Why not challenge at the same time? Are some of you guys that .....

Yes we're that pissed. Aren't you???

~Ceadder

It was a stupid call. The TO should of been saved for after the 3rd and short
I thought that was pretty obvious
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Clutch players make clutch plays, Smith just doesnt make enough.

i am sorry 3 TDs in 1 half while trailing by 3 TDs is pretty clutch to me.

All while going 2 wr and 2 Rb when the opposing defense is sending everything but the kitchen sink.

But noooooooooooo its all Smiths fault.

The poor b*****d couldn't even step into his throws the first half.

The coaching staff needs to work towards their players strengths.

a few plays he got hit before he planted his back foot. and people ask why he is quick to break the pocket.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
The Offense has some tools we need to use them.

Opposing teams know we aren't gonna try anything deep unless we are 20 points behind at the moment!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
this all goes on the coaching staff. you can not fault the D. GB's 1st half TOP killed our D.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I don't get what u guys are complaining about. The challenge? That was actually a really smart move. Why? Because he was going to call a timeout anyways to stop the clock. Why not challenge at the same time? Are some of you guys that .....

~Ceadder

It was a stupid call. The TO should of been saved for after the 3rd and short
I thought that was pretty obvious

Umm, if he didn't call that challenge/TO, it would've been 3rd and inches at the 2 min warning. If they get the 1st down, game over. Holding onto that 1 TO would've done nothing for us. They could still run the clock out.

WIth the challenge/TO, if we stop them, we would get the punt with slightly less than 2 minutes to drive for the game winner.
[ Edited by kronik on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:46 PM ]
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TDking876:
HE IS IN HIS FIRST YEAR AS OUR EFFN HEAD COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he is over his head.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
A lot of people on this board want him fired right now! I can almost guarantee if we let him go right now, he will be a great HC. He's never done this before. All his other coaching stints in the NFL he only had to focus on one thing, coaching line backers or whatever. This is a whole new beast he is trying to take on, and obviously us as fans have to go through the growing pains. I support Sing all the way and I know we will get back on track. Maybe not this year, but he will make us a great team. Come on, if Nolan was still the coach we would be 2-8 right now.

As for the people that want to go after an experienced HC like Shanahan, Holmgren etc., how do you think those coaches got so good? It didn't happen over night. Hell last season Shanahan's Broncos went 7-9. He is a great coach right? We all know what happened to Holmgren in Seattle. He was run out of town. Not because of his coaching skills, but because of the players they had.

We are so close to being a good team I can taste it. Just have faith in Sing. He will lose more games this year I assure you. These losses right now will only him in the future to become a better coach.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
Singletary learned entirely to much from Nolan

When nolan was doing this poorly, he had a lot less talent.
It irritates me how many, PUT DAVIS IN posts i saw. It really sucks for Smith because he now has the talent, and is showing the coaches he can get the ball down field, but the coaches stay away from it as much as they can.. wow..

~Ceadder

Yes, I'm pisseed. But you have to focus your anger at the right people.. The people that fricking missed tackles, the blockers that whiffed. Sing is not on the field, you have to blame the players for this game.

He is the one that wants to put a fullback in the game. When both his best wr and his qb are more familiar with a spread. notice when alex drops back he doesn't have time to set his feet .When he's in spread he seems like a totally different guy. Simple fix either improve the oline or run the spread until you can!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:45 PM ]
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Clutch players make clutch plays, Smith just doesnt make enough.

i am sorry 3 TDs in 1 half while trailing by 3 TDs is pretty clutch to me.

All while going 2 wr and 2 Rb when the opposing defense is sending everything but the kitchen sink.

But noooooooooooo its all Smiths fault.

The poor b*****d couldn't even step into his throws the first half.

The coaching staff needs to work towards their players strengths.

a few plays he got hit before he planted his back foot. and people ask why he is quick to break the pocket.

It's funny. In the gameday thread people were saying he stayed in the pocket too long. The Smith haters were out full force even before he threw a pass. When the defense was on the field people were blaming Smith.

I think Smith haters have real problems focusing on the key issues with this team.
Originally posted by dmatt:
Originally posted by backontop:
Singletary learned entirely to much from Nolan

When nolan was doing this poorly, he had a lot less talent.

They both suck.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TDking876:
HE IS IN HIS FIRST YEAR AS OUR EFFN HEAD COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we should have just given up before the season started I guess. No more EFFN excuses.
He is stubborn

People are angry at that

it shouldnt take a coach a year to determine if something is working or not (scheme wise). Especially when we run another scheme and it works pretty well.
Share 49ersWebzone