LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

Blame Singletary thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • WeNeedaNewQB
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by kstolai:
Clutch players make clutch plays, Smith just doesnt make enough.

enough is enough. this has happened already in other games, where alex comes back late in the games and people think its a good thing. How the heck!!!! i totally agree with you. he has to do it all the time. he is inconsistent and only play good when he is not under pressure to win the game or the game is not on the line.
Originally posted by dmatt:
Originally posted by backontop:
Singletary learned entirely to much from Nolan

When nolan was doing this poorly, he had a lot less talent.

and your point is what? The type of gameplay is the same. Play to not lose instead of play to win. Come out with the intent of scoring TD's not with the intent of running as much clock off as you can
im not calling for his head, but he can't manage for s**t in late game situations
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WeNeedaNewQB:

enough is enough. this has happened already in other games, where alex comes back late in the games and people think its a good thing. How the heck!!!! i totally agree with you. he has to do it all the time. he is inconsistent and only play good when he is not under pressure to win the game or the game is not on the line.

how is the game not still question when the 9ers have the ball, down less 2 td's w/8 mins to go? even brian billick mentioned the packers never went to a prevent d.
This loss is on Singletary and/or Raye, whoever decided to not run the spread offense until we were down by 3 TD's is top blame. I think it was both of them, I say we fire them and the GM at the end of the season.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Worse than Nolan.

Please do not try to put a wedge between coaches Nolan and Singletary.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
I'm not calling for his head right now, but getting very concerned at similarities he apparently has to Nolan...
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
im not calling for his head, but he can't manage for s**t in late game situations

well said
Originally posted by WeNeedaNewQB:

if anyone wants to create a new name

WeNeedaNewOC
This lost and other close games we lost are on the HC and OC. Despite the countless times the offense did well in the passing game. Coaching staff reverts back to the same old shiiiiiet. The coaching staff is crippling A. Smith and that is coming from a guy who preferred A. Rodgers over Smith on draft day.

Yup, Singletary is the problem, it starts with him.
i just feel like this was a lost season, if we use our players right, coach better, gameplan better we could have won 11 games
Originally posted by dmatt:
Singletary learned entirely to much from Nolan

When nolan was doing this poorly, he had a lot less talent.

and your point is what? The type of gameplay is the same. Play to not lose instead of play to win. Come out with the intent of scoring TD's not with the intent of running as much clock off as you can

Basically Sing needs to reverse his game plan. Let alex throw first out of the spread and if were winning then im fine with running gore into the oline and going 3 and out all day!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:52 PM ]
He scored 3 TD's yet again when he was put back in that style of offense. This coaching staff and o-line will never get it done.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:50 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

i am sorry 3 TDs in 1 half while trailing by 3 TDs is pretty clutch to me.

also, he scored on his last possesion, what happens after that can't be blamed on him.

This

x2
Share 49ersWebzone