There are 244 users in the forums

Blame Singletary thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner_empire:
so is Josh McDaniels.

actually, singletary has a half season on mcdaniels.

McDaniels understands playcalling and can make his own corrections if he doesn't like what's going on something Sing CAN'T
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Coming out the way we did today and against Houston, cost us the season. Season is over now and if Singletary continues to stick with this conservative offense and trying to be a power running, he deserves to be fired. I don't care how many years he has left on his contract.

AMEN to that toally agree. It should be about WINNING at any cost. GO WITH WHAT WORKS!
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Originally posted by WeNeedaNewQB:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Clutch players make clutch plays, Smith just doesnt make enough.

enough is enough. this has happened already in other games, where alex comes back late in the games and people think its a good thing. How the heck!!!! i totally agree with you. he has to do it all the time. he is inconsistent and only play good when he is not under pressure to win the game or the game is not on the line.

wtf?? are u not reading the thread? are u not watching the 49er games and following it on nfl.com?

Smith is ready to lead THIS team, and he is ready for the play calls to be called around him, our weapons, and our stregnths. Alex HAS been playing good, ESECIALLY when the game is on the line and under pressure.. But his first 10 pass attempts that are called the last 5 years are SOOO conservative, and give him no chance to succeed and show how effective he is.

Hey dude, i watched the game on Sunday Tckt--N who cares????
He's ready to lead this team?? NO HE'S NOT n never will!! when ur good your good, when u suck ur a BUST!!!!!
5 ydrs at the end of the half, thats impressive to u????

fail
Thank you Captain Obvious.
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Coming out the way we did today and against Houston, cost us the season. Season is over now and if Singletary continues to stick with this conservative offense and trying to be a power running, he deserves to be fired. I don't care how many years he has left on his contract.

AMEN to that toally agree. It should be about WINNING at any cost. GO WITH WHAT WORKS!

Yeah Singletary is going to have to open things up/and or fire Raye, because this is not going to cut it. We could have 5 1st rd picks but with this coaching/playcalling, it ain't going to matter.

I feel like we are the Buffalo Bills. Not an awful team but just a team that can't seem to figure out an identity and always stuck at 6-10, 7-9 every year.

THIS TEAM HAS NO IDENTITY!
  • TFSP
this thread
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Wait, our coaching sucks?
Originally posted by TFSP:
this thread

this post

I don't think the season's over just yet. We got to take this one week at a time. Beat Jacksonville, beat Seattle, beat Arizona. We do that and we're 7-6 with the tiebreaker over Arizona. Arizona plays at Tennessee and Minnesota. They probally split it, and if we can win the next 3 that only puts us a half game out.
Maybe we should fire Sing and hire Billick as head coach. At least analyzing the team as a broadcaster he already knows what the teams strengths and weakensses are. Funny how sing and Raye can't see it.

Quote from Alex Smith:

Alex Smith made a remarkable statement after the game. "We got make it (the call) work no matter what." Smith said. "I think trying to go to a spread offense in the middle of the season without a training camp is impossible."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=52171#ixzz0Xd6q60Mh
How the hell do you blame a quarterback that single handedly brought the team back? SMITH ATTEMPTED 7 PASSES IN THE FIRST HALF what do you want 200 yards and 6 touchdowns? GOD you people make me want to meet you in real life and hurt you. It's also funny how people point to time of possession. That wasn't on the offense for the 3 and outs, it's on the defense for NEVER getting off the field on third and longs. The packers had ONE SHORT drive off the turnover. The first half they brough the ball on 60-90 yard drives over and over again getting third down after third down. The defense sucked today and they were on the field so long because THEY THEY THEY THEY couldn't get off. It kind of showed when Smith started ripping the Packers apart the defense still couldn't get a stop at the ending to give him one more shot. And just for good measure that interception looks to be on Smith, but Davis ducked when the ball was thrown to him put your god damn hands up and try to catch a ball.

We have BIG PROBLEMS on both sides of the ball and Smith is one of the only bright spots on this team right now. We run 12 times a game, we give up sacks and pressure all day to 3-4 man fronts. We can't get an inch with a fullback dive but they can get 3 with a qb sneak when THEY NEED it. Our defensive team speed is attacked every game. We need defensive backs, offensive lineman, and linebackers BAD. To put it into a list the top of our need list is
1)A 4 down pash rushing outside linebacker
2)A SHUT DOWN CORNERBACK who is as fast if not faster then the receivers, Roddy White, Reggie Wayne, Greg Jennings, speed kills us we need a fast shut down corner BAD.
3)GUARD GUARD GUARD Rachal gets beat on inside moves 4-5 times a game get him out of there already.
4)A ballhawking big hitting safety/Right Tackle
[ Edited by Thrash88 on Nov 22, 2009 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Wait, our coaching sucks?

I was responding to the thread title: "We got major problems."
  • TFSP
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by TFSP:
this thread

this post

"isn't that a personal attack?"
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Coaching is our problem.

It's amazing how our o-line even blocks better in the spread.

This season is lost now tho. All we're gonna do is rack up 3 maybe 4 more pointless wins just to make everybody think that we'll be good NEXT season and we'll be disappointed once again in 2010.

I really wish I was around in the 80's
Share 49ersWebzone