There are 288 users in the forums

Dont blame Alex Smith...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What are we blaming him for? A WIN?

i know it is questions but Alex look fine and give him determination time when he felt good that won a game. Tell him for cheer and support it with.. He will feel better much and improve for delevop. come on guys? just thinking about it..

[ Edited by Dino on Nov 12, 2009 at 23:27:56 ]
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What are we blaming him for? A WIN?

i know it is questions but Alex look fine and give him determination time when he felt good that won a game. Tell him for cheer and support it with.. He will feel better much and improve for delevop. come on guys? just thinking about it..

LOL WTF....
Uhhh we don't have a line...put Warner, Brady, or even the Mannings behind this inept line and you guys will see...we do not have a LINE...Hello! Gore is struggling too so is he past his prime??? Uhhh no...no line=no run and no pass. Simple as that.

[ Edited by alpha81 on Nov 13, 2009 at 00:24:38 ]
I don't blame Smith or Hill. I blame the HORRIBLE O-line for not giving either QB enough time to throw on a consistent basis.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by alpha81:
Uhhh we don't have a line...put Warner, Brady, or even the Mannings behind this inept line and you guys will see...we do not have a LINE...Hello! Gore is struggling too so is he past his prime??? Uhhh no...no line=no run and no pass. Simple as that.

I think you're trying to say that we don't have a line.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Anybody who doesn't blame Alex on that INT is a fool. He underthrew it and it had way too much air under it.

Why is everyone so afraid to blame Alex when he f**ks up?

Really , half this board is more than happy to hammer him even when he does something good
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Give the guy some time to get acquainted with his offensive teammates. The more snaps he gets with the first team the better the offense will get. Be patient, Alex will come around.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Because the guy sucks at improvising. I don't think Alex has a high ceiling. Yeah, he's a smart guy and yes he's got a decent arm, but when his plays don't develop the way they should, Alex can't pull magic out of his ass like Joe, Steve, and at times Jeffy could.

Wow, alex sucks at improvising. You MUST not have been watching the same game. You didnt see how many times when under pressure he had the quick pitch. To Gore, to Robinson. Then escaped almost I think 3 sacks, because he kept the play goin on with his feet. So i think u were watching the wrong game yesterday
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Anybody who doesn't blame Alex on that INT is a fool. He underthrew it and it had way too much air under it.

Really , half this board is more than happy to hammer him even when he does something good

Exactly, some of our fans unfortunately wait for Alex to fail. Ya'll kill me, if you throw for 350 yds, and dont score a TD, then what. Wait a minute i forget the team still supports their QB. Wait for it, almost 16ints, and after he threw his 3rd one Cutler didnt even break a frown, he was actually smiling. Why because he knows that the fans, and his team support and rally around him. It's sad we cant have the same thing. The coach makes a move he felt helps the team win. And we cant even support that. just sad
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Because the guy sucks at improvising. I don't think Alex has a high ceiling. Yeah, he's a smart guy and yes he's got a decent arm, but when his plays don't develop the way they should, Alex can't pull magic out of his ass like Joe, Steve, and at times Jeffy could.

Wow, alex sucks at improvising. You MUST not have been watching the same game. You didnt see how many times when under pressure he had the quick pitch. To Gore, to Robinson. Then escaped almost I think 3 sacks, because he kept the play goin on with his feet. So i think u were watching the wrong game yesterday

Exactly. If you say Alex is bad at improvising then you CLEARLY didn't watch the game. Idc what anyone says, Alex's pocket awareness has gotten much better.

Alex was terrible. He looked scared to throw the ball down the field after the int. He is garbage and everyone should know this by now. You need to make plays at QB and he does nothing more then hand off and throw under 10 yard outs. He has no vision, locks on to 1 receiver and pretty much decides who he is throwing to before taking the snap. The sooner we move on the better. There is no way you can tell me Hill would have been worse last night. I don't understand why Nate keeps being made inactive. I would really like to see him in there to see what he's got.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by PTulini:
In my opinion, Alex just thinks too much. If he would just have confidence in what he's seeing, that is half the battle.

yea its like he doesn't want to screw up....I hope he gets over it quick

All of us would play the same way if our OL gave us 1.5 seconds to throw.

THISSSSSSSSS

Very true.
Originally posted by taney71:

Very true.

so ima put aside his first three years as a nfl player... and only gonna assess his 4 games this season!

great vs texans
garbage vs colts
garbage vs titans
garbage vs bears

my assessment says that he's more garbage then great! and we seen the best of him in half a game of football against the texans that pressed the prevent defense!
Originally posted by E-49er:
No man I don't agree. If the team didn't show faith in Alex he would not be out there and Hill would be starting. We have a horrible offensive line. 3 out of the 5 starters need to be replaced and they are not giving any QB time to throw the ball and are not opening running lanes. Alex was pressured on that play and decided to play it safe and get the 3. Morgan broke open late but by that time Alex was already set on throwing it away.

BINGO! That one he threw away in the endzone, alex tripped BECAUSE the pass rush was in the backfield (evident all night!!!!) How can anyone get better behind this OL?
Share 49ersWebzone