There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We are a good team with a bad QB

Can we just face it and admit that this game was on Alex Smith and just realize every Qb has THAT game? Let's hope he comes back strong and gets stronger later in the game.

For all the Alexcusers: yes he lost this game.

For all the "it starts in the trenches": OLine played well Sunday.

For all the Alex haters: let us hope he comes back strong.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Can we just face it and admit that this game was on Alex Smith and just realize every Qb has THAT game? Let's hope he comes back strong and gets stronger later in the game.

It wasn't all on Alex, but yes, he did play a major role in the loss.
it was mainly on Alex Smith. Playing a major role in a 22 player team would suffice as to say it was all on that person. Deal with it and hope he plays not better but smarter.

Originally posted by B650:

• B650
  • Veteran
it was mainly on Alex Smith. Playing a major role in a 22 player team would suffice as to say it was all on that person. Deal with it and hope he plays not better but smarter.

OK, if you say so. I guess it was Alex Smith that just stood there and watched while Justin Gage went up for a ball and grabbed it out of the air. It was Alex Smith that taught Parys Haralson how to tackle. Alex Smith made Morgan lazy and not fight for balls. Most importantly, Alex Smith was the one who gave up 135 yards rushing to Chris Johnson. Come on now. You can't put the blame on one player. It was a total team loss. If you want to pin it one player, why not just blame Nedney for his horrible onside kick? If we get the ball back, we would've tied it up and went for 2, eventually winning the game.

OK, if you say so. I guess it was Alex Smith that just stood there and watched while Justin Gage went up for a ball and grabbed it out of the air. It was Alex Smith that taught Parys Haralson how to tackle. Alex Smith made Morgan lazy and not fight for balls. Most importantly, Alex Smith was the one who gave up 135 yards rushing to Chris Johnson. Come on now. You can't put the blame on one player. It was a total team loss. If you want to pin it one player, why not just blame Nedney for his horrible onside kick? If we get the ball back, we would've tied it up and went for 2, eventually winning the game.

I guess the Titans drove 80 yards on all of those TDs. Even the one Smith handed them. Look we need to be realistic and admit four turnovers lost us this game and ther was one person resonsible in each one of them. It amazes me how JTO can be labeled a walking WTF but it's not Smiths fault. Let's just hope it was just one of those games.
  • B650
  • Veteran

I guess the Titans drove 80 yards on all of those TDs. Even the one Smith handed them. Look we need to be realistic and admit four turnovers lost us this game and ther was one person resonsible in each one of them. It amazes me how JTO can be labeled a walking WTF but it's not Smiths fault. Let's just hope it was just one of those games.

The thing is, Smith doesn't turn the ball over 4 times every single game like O'Sullivan did. Yes, I do admit that the 4 turnovers played a big role in the loss. Who's going to deny that? You give up 4 turnovers in the NFL, and you deserve a loss. Now, was it ALL Alex Smith's fault? I'll blame him for the fumble. He was careless, although a better OL could help prevent this. I'll blame him for 2 out of the 3 INTs. The 1st one to Crabtree was definitely Alex's fault. He threw the ball too late. I can't fault Alex for the INT to Morgan. Morgan is just a lazy WR who doesn't fight for the ball. He drops far too many balls, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him out of the starting lineup soon. So, I blame him for 3 of the turnovers, but the costliest one of the game, in my opinion, wasn't on Alex Smith. Regardless, he definitely has to play better than this. Throwing for 286 yards is nice, but if you're going to turn the ball over 4 times, it's all moot. He's young though and still learning, so we'll see how he responds against the Bears porous defense.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Tebow? Snead?

Have you even watched a game of college football this year?

Agreed; neither of these players will be succesful starting QB's in the NFL. Gimme some gimmick.
i think most of you people don't realize how bad we are at the QB position
You'll probably know when we have a good one
Since garcia we're nowhere
And we have a good D
And we have a decent O
(of course we also have raye which doesn't help)

We'll be playoffs bound as soon we have a QB to show for
Originally posted by 49Fever:
i think most of you people don't realize how bad we are at the QB position
You'll probably know when we have a good one
Since garcia we're nowhere
And we have a good D
And we have a decent O
(of course we also have raye which doesn't help)

We'll be playoffs bound as soon we have an OLine to block for the QB

fixed
MICHEAL VICK!!
TIM TEBOW IS NASTY. i don't know why you guys don't like him.. he never quits winning. jimmy claussonn whoever sucks. sam bradfords good to.
Originally posted by vaniner757:
TIM TEBOW IS NASTY. i don't know why you guys don't like him.. he never quits winning. jimmy claussonn whoever sucks. sam bradfords good to.

Alex Smith won a lot in College too.
Anyway, I'm willing to give smith the rest of the season or at least till were out of the playoffs, if he still sucks it's Nate Davis time.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
we are a good team with a bad offensive line

Can't blame this game on the o-line. They weren't horrendous. they gave hime time he just takes a while lol. THis is a lack of a good qb loss. Smith didn't even give Crabrtee the time of day this afternoon, wtf!!

ur kidding right?

i did not see smith with more than 4 seconds with the ball 1 play lasted half a second in a sack
Whew. No, we are a pretty good team with too many whining complaining fans.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Whew. No, we are a pretty good team with too many whining complaining fans.

That's right! We're 3-5 because the fans SUCK!

My God -- I see another Alex Smith Apologist Thread Post subject.

It's not Alex's fault -- it's because the fans suck! Good point!