There are 168 users in the forums

**Update** Staley out 6 weeks Clements out 6-8 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Well there were people thinking Clements is overrated, overpaid and should be cut, we'll find out now when we play Arizona won't we?

Might as well be put on IR.

-9fA

no kidding................. talk about getting what you wish for.............

idk guys.....I think Tarrell Brown will do just fine.

i think he's got some skills too. but, the CB depth is gonna be important if we wanna make the playoffs.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Well there were people thinking Clements is overrated, overpaid and should be cut, we'll find out now when we play Arizona won't we?

Might as well be put on IR.

-9fA

no kidding................. talk about getting what you wish for.............

idk guys.....I think Tarrell Brown will do just fine.

The Clements injury is not the big one, losing Staley is the one that worries me and I think it basically prevents us from being a playoff team

Yes. Considering O-line was bad enough as it is...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Per Matt Maiocco: Bad news for 49ers: Joe Staley will be out 6 weeks with sprains to MCL and PCL in right knee; Clements out 6-8 weeks with broken scapula.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Stick a fork in them. They done
6 games? er.. yeah.......

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 2, 2009 at 17:19:37 ]
DEAR NATE CLEMENTS : THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MEMORIES AND HARD WORK! HOPEFULLY YOU'RE WILLING TO TAKE A PAY CUT FOR NEXT SEASON WHEN WE MAKE A RUN FOR THE SUPERBOWL!
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Losing Staley is a big blow, I look for Sims to struggle against Vanden Bosch on Sunday and look for more two tight end, two backs sets and bunch formation to help our OT's out with Staley out.

Hopefully we can get Clements back in December but right now im not sure it even matters because I can't see us being a playoff team.

I think Sims plays a better LT then he does RT. He didn't look flat out awful last Sunday. I don't think we are completely screwed here.

I agree Sims is a better LT than RT (thats not saying much) and he played okay against Freeney but keep in mind Freeney has/had a bum knee and really only played half a game and Sims got a lot of help from Gore, Moran Norris and Delaine Walker chipping on Freeney. Sims plays okay against the smaller, quicker DE's to but this Sunday he faces Kyle Vanden Bosch who is about 280pds and is a great bullrusher and I think Sims will struggle.

Yeah you probably right but im hoping and praying your wrong
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Move Alex Boone up from the practice squad....c'mon McCloughan.

Either Boone or sign another CB.

Eric Green maybe.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Eric Green maybe.

Didn't they just sign some bottom feeder from the Chefs practice squad.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Eric Green maybe.

Didn't they just sign some bottom feeder from the Chefs practice squad.

Yah, but that was for depth cause Pashos went to IR. Now we've got Staley and Pashos. Depth and starters at OT, Barry Sims, Adam Snyder and Chris Patrick.

Imagine if Sims or Snyder (neither is very durable) go down, than our offensive line is in complete shambles. We'd have to put that kid Patrick in the starting lineup and he wasn't even good enough to make an NFL roster.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Imagine if Sims or Snyder (neither is very durable) go down, than our offensive line is in complete shambles. We'd have to put that kid Patrick in the starting lineup and he wasn't even good enough to make an NFL roster.

He's been with us before too.
Hoping for speedy recovery for those guys!
Also Demetric Evans is out 3 weeks so I suspect you will see Ricky Jean-Francois dress this week and maybe get in for a few snaps.

As for the other roster moves, I think Spurlock gets cut and we sign a cornerback (Eric Green?) and I don't know if we sign another offensive lineman. I don't think the team will bring up Alex Boone from the PS as he is not ready to play in the NFL. I would think we at least maybe take a look/workout Levi Jones and/or Jon Runyan....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Also Demetric Evans is out 3 weeks so I suspect you will see Ricky Jean-Francois dress this week and maybe get in for a few snaps.

As for the other roster moves, I think Spurlock gets cut and we sign a cornerback (Eric Green?) and I don't know if we sign another offensive lineman. I don't think the team will bring up Alex Boone from the PS as he is not ready to play in the NFL. I would think we at least maybe take a look/workout Levi Jones and/or Jon Runyan....

Levi Jones is he even healthy?? He would definitely be a solid starter at RT, of course he would have to kind of learn the offense as he goes.
Share 49ersWebzone