There are 259 users in the forums

**Update** Staley out 6 weeks Clements out 6-8 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/11/staley-clements.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A

[ Edited by Kolohe on Nov 2, 2009 at 19:53:48 ]
we're f**ked
Losing Staley is a big blow, I look for Sims to struggle against Vanden Bosch on Sunday and look for more two tight end, two backs sets and bunch formation to help our OT's out with Staley out.

Hopefully we can get Clements back in December but right now im not sure it even matters because I can't see us being a playoff team.
Great glad to hear that they'll be available for the playoffs
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Losing Staley is a big blow, I look for Sims to struggle against Vanden Bosch on Sunday and look for more two tight end, two backs sets and bunch formation to help our OT's out with Staley out.

Hopefully we can get Clements back in December but right now im not sure it even matters because I can't see us being a playoff team.

I think Sims plays a better LT then he does RT. He didn't look flat out awful last Sunday. I don't think we are completely screwed here.
Vanden Bosch this week and Alex Brown next week against Barry Sims= Disaster for us
Sims at LT is pretty scary, hopefully he can be solid as he was yesterday...

but I want to see Tarell Brown keep doing his thing and earn his extension, it might be his time now.
Have to admit Sims didn't look too bad against Freeney. Who is way better than Van de Bosch and Brown. VD Bosh is not even good anymore.
Originally posted by redmanc07:

I think Sims plays a better LT then he does RT. He didn't look flat out awful last Sunday. I don't think we are completely screwed here.

I agree Sims is a better LT than RT (thats not saying much) and he played okay against Freeney but keep in mind Freeney has/had a bum knee and really only played half a game and Sims got a lot of help from Gore, Moran Norris and Delaine Walker chipping on Freeney. Sims plays okay against the smaller, quicker DE's to but this Sunday he faces Kyle Vanden Bosch who is about 280pds and is a great bullrusher and I think Sims will struggle.

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Have to admit Sims didn't look too bad against Freeney. Who is way better than Van de Bosch and Brown. VD Bosh is not even good anymore.

w/o Haynesworth, Bosch is about average.
Vanden Bosch this week and Alex Brown next week against Barry Sims= Disaster for us

hey for the most part sims did a great job
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Vanden Bosch is now healthy and he is still good. Sims did okay against Freeney who had a bad knee and only played half the game and Sims got help most of the game on Freeney anyway.
I think when Tarrell Brown steps and and shows what he's got, Nate Clements will become expendable and surely be on his way out the door, unless he's willing to take some sort of pay cut, which I assume would be unlikely
Okay we'll see how Sims plays now that teams know he is going to be our starting LT, I don't think you guys will be saying he is okay after next week or the following week
Share 49ersWebzone