LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 206 users in the forums

**Update** Staley out 6 weeks Clements out 6-8 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am really only concerned with Staley's injury and thank God it's the less serious of the 2. CB is one of if not the deepest position on the team with Spencer, Brown, Bly all starter quality CB's left after Nate's injury.
The OL can't get much worse losing Staley is HUGE hopefully it is only for 2 games and we can get the same type of play out of Sims that we saw Sunday
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Vanden Bosch this week and Alex Brown next week against Barry Sims= Disaster for us

Sims did pretty damn good against the Colts.
Okay we'll see how Sims plays now that teams know he is going to be our starting LT, I don't think you guys will be saying he is okay after next week or the following week

It's not always doom and gloom. Injuries happen. Raye will game plan for thi...........

Nevermind we're
Anyone wonder if Pashos's tapes that he made for the OLine made that much of a difference that they did a decent job for the most part against Indy?
That sucks.
Originally posted by backontop:
Anyone wonder if Pashos's tapes that he made for the OLine made that much of a difference that they did a decent job for the most part against Indy?

Good ?...I don't believe any of the reporters asked this ? in any of the interviews yesterday....but because of the results, I definitely think it helped.

that would mean Pashos did a better job preparing the OL for the opponett than the OL coach/OC.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Okay we'll see how Sims plays now that teams know he is going to be our starting LT, I don't think you guys will be saying he is okay after next week or the following week

It's not always doom and gloom. Injuries happen. Raye will game plan for thi...........

Nevermind we're

Raye will gameplan for it, by having bunch formations again and keeping Gore, Walker and/or Norris in to help Sims AND Snyder
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Vanden Bosch this week and Alex Brown next week against Barry Sims= Disaster for us

hey for the most part sims did a great job

Sims had a lot of help. I saw that a lot of the time we'd put either Gore or Norris to help him out.

-9fA
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Move Alex Boone up from the practice squad....c'mon McCloughan.

Freeney wasn't 100% and only played about 70% of the snaps and Sims also got a lot of help from Gore, Walker and Norris chipping on Freeney.

Keep in mind to the Colts don't and didn't blitz, The Titans on the other hand do like to blitz and are a blitzing team again with Courtland Fineggan back at cornerback for them.
Originally posted by matt49er:

that would mean Pashos did a better job preparing the OL for the opponett than the OL coach/OC.

I think he did prepare the team better than the OC and OLine Coach

But Seriusly the O Line Coach was from Indy from what Eric Davis said on the Post Game show

Freeney wasn't 100% and only played about 70% of the snaps and Sims also got a lot of help from Gore, Walker and Norris chipping on Freeney.

Keep in mind to the Colts don't and didn't blitz, The Titans on the other hand do like to blitz and are a blitzing team again with Courtland Fineggan back at cornerback for them.

I still think Titans get gashed in Candlestick!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

But Sims also played Freeney one on one and held his ground, its not like he had help on every snap. Besides, Vanden Bosch and Alex Brown haven't exactly been spectacular this year.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by matt49er:

I think he did prepare the team better than the OC and OLine Coach

But Seriusly the O Line Coach was from Indy from what Eric Davis said on the Post Game show

Forester was the Colts tight ends coach from 2002-2004 I believe
Share 49ersWebzone