LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

THIS is the week that we open up the offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For three reasons:

1. The theory that we can be a run-first team with our current talent has been clearly disproven

2. Alex Smith's QB rating out of the spread (shotgun and 3 WR situations) is well over 100.

3. The Titans have one of the worst pass defenses in the league -- allowing an opp. QB rating of 108. We can 'test' the new offense in a safe environment. They're also much better vs. the run. According to Football Outsiders, they're 32nd vs. the pass and 9th vs. the run (opponent-adjusted)...especially bad vs. TEs and #1 WRs.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
For three reasons:

1. The theory that we can be a run-first team with our current talent has been clearly disproven

2. Alex Smith's QB rating out of the spread (shotgun and 3 WR situations) is well over 100.

3. The Titans have one of the worst pass defenses in the league -- allowing an opp. QB rating of 108. We can 'test' the new offense in a safe environment. They're also much better vs. the run. According to Football Outsiders, they're 32nd vs. the pass and 9th vs. the run (opponent-adjusted)...especially bad vs. TEs and #1 WRs.

I remain hopeful but I don't know man. Our coaches seem unwilling to stick to what works and instead using what they would like to see work. Alex is best out of the Shotgun. At this point, there's no denying it. That's been clear as day since he stepped into the game vs Houston.

Hell, I think that's been obvious since he came into the league. Anyway, so what do we do after Alex throws a TD (largely working out of Shotgun)?

We dump it and go right back to him taking snaps from under center.

....and I wish I had even a remote clue as to why.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I hope so, we need to get this offense going. Alex is excellent out of the spread and we have the recievers to get it done.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
For three reasons:

I remain hopeful but I don't know man. Our coaches seem unwilling to stick to what works and instead using what they would like to see work. Alex is best out of the Shotgun. At this point, there's no denying it. That's been clear as day since he stepped into the game vs Houston.

Hell, I think that's been obvious since he came into the league. Anyway, so what do we do after Alex throws a TD (largely working out of Shotgun)?

We dump it and go right back to him taking snaps from under center.

....and I wish I had even a remote clue as to why.

No better time to try it out than vs. the worst pass D in the NFL.
I'll believe when i see it.
@ people thinking this game will be a piece of cake.

we've lost 3 in a row lol
Originally posted by billybonka:

4 in a row
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I'll believe when i see it.

same! I don't think Sing will realize it until we have lost the season... imposing his will is going to have to be done through the air...

You can't tell me he doesn't know our running game stats? Gore has less than 2.3 YPC without those 3 long runs? That is f**king abysmal...

Originally posted by tjd808185:

4 in a row
ok

4 in a row
ok

Min, Atl, Hou, Ind
  • Blackgoat49ers5
  • Info N/A
its about that time for the 9 millametta the chrome shine for that 9 millametta

4 in a row

No, 3 in a row. We beat the Rams then we've lost to the Falcons, Texans, and Colts, unless you consider the bye week a loss.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

4 in a row

No, 3 in a row. We beat the Rams then we've lost to the Falcons, Texans, and Colts, unless you consider the bye week a loss.

My fault. I thought the Rams game came before the Vikings game.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 2, 2009 at 07:41:24 ]
Share 49ersWebzone