LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Singletary's Postgame Presser

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
How can we expect improvement when Singletary and Raye refuse to utilize our offensive linemen in different ways.

Again, Rachal had an awful game. He is horrible in pass protection, and he's barely average in run blocking. The run Gore had was all Gore and some of Heitmann.

Sims, I admit, had a pretty good game against Freeney. Hopefully, Staley will be healthy next week, and I hope Sims starts at RT.

Snyder again showed why he belongs on the bench. Singletary needs to stop looking into his player's eyes and more on their on-field performance.

LT: Staley
LG: Baas
OC: Heitmann
RG: Wragge
RT: Sims

This is prob. our best lineup that will help Smith against the Titans.
Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
1. Alex missed on at least 3 passes he should have completed

2. INT and fumble

3. 0 2nd half points

Offense gets a C- today

Defense gets a B+

Missing 3 throws in a game is pretty good really. Payton missed 5-6 today. Everyone misses a few. I thought the offense executed well enough, they just were not calling the right plays at the right time. Trying to sit on a 14-12 lead is pretty dumb.

Exactly,if Raye didn't play vanilla most of the game they could've pulled out a win the way the defense was playing.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by BOSS2185:
U GUYS ARE IDIOTS IF U THINK THEY SHOULD GET RID OF SINGLETARY ARE OFFENSE DID LOOK GOOD THERE WERE JUST A COUPLE PENALTYS AND BAD OLINE THAT LOST THE GAME.... LAST YEAR ALL U WERE ON SINGS NUTS NOW U DONT WANT HIM AT THE START OF THE SEASON ALL U WERE ON HILLS NUTS NOW UR NOT... THIS TEAM IS GOOD THEY WILL GET IT TOGETHER AND SING IS THE REASON WHY LOOK AT VERNON.

• 49forLyfe
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
yes it sucks that we lost this game and all the games we have lost this year, but remember this is sings first year with the niners, we are rebuilding most of these players are from the nolan regime, you guys act like we are a super bowl contender and we are ruining a super bowl type season

Yes this team makes some mistakes that aare jsut f**king stupid, the playcalling sometimes makes you want to punc your tv or computer screen, we are headded in the right direction, hopefully the niners make a push for the division, but I for one like the direction we are headed. im not giving up on this season but I think next year is gonna be the year we get back to the playoffs.

We should have beat the Colts and the Vikings, and those are 2 of the best teams in the nfl right now. This team is not that far off, but its gonna take time, be patient.

And for those of you that will say "well we have been to playoffs since 02 and we have had nothing but losing seasons, i dont have any more patience"

Well GTFO and go root for another team, SING has got us going in a good direction, it wasnt gonna happen over night, there is gonna be some growing pains,
The future looks bright with A. Smith, F gore, V. Davis Crabtree and our D.

DEAD ON. I think once we grag some quality O linemen and maybe a saftey to replace lewis we will have a very solid team.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
That's what Singletary wants as on offense!

Identity Crisis continues!

Yup.

I'm afraid he sees these close losses as a vindication of his system, not as games that could have been won with a different system.

Sing promotes his image as a direct guy with a simple message and way of playing. By the end of the year we will see if he is mostly just stubborn and unimaginative, traits that are often mistaken as "blunt" and "no nonsense".
Originally posted by Chief:
"The offense, for the most part looked sharp."

What in the Hell are you talking about Mike?

we are f**ked !
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by Chief:
"The offense, for the most part looked sharp."

What in the Hell are you talking about Mike?

we are f**ked !

It looked sharp...when the coaches looked smart. It looked miserable...when the coaches called miserable plays. See the connection, Singletary and Raye?

This team has all the tools to make a playoff run, but it all starts with coaching. This group has to get their act together. We can pass the ball and hang with Peyton, yet we didn't even try. Makes no sense. If we lose against the Titans, I'm going to go ahead and believe that Singletary and Raye are not the answer, and that we need to go after Shanahan or Holmgren.
Compared to how we looked in weeks prior we did look sharp. We had a decent running game and Smith looked good at qb. The problem was mostly constistency and penalties, but we did look better than we have previously.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Compared to how we looked in weeks prior we did look sharp. We had a decent running game and Smith looked good at qb. The problem was mostly constistency and penalties, but we did look better than we have previously.
a decent running game??? gore had 27 yards the rest of the game after a 64 yd td run. O line continues to get no push.
We have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL here on. If we don't make the playoffs this year, with a talented team, it rests on the HC. The buck stops with the Head Coach, period. If the OC is the problem or the OLINE is the problem or whatver, make the changes, since at the end of the day, it's your team.

Having said that, I think Singletary has done an ok job so far. We are 3-4, and that's not a win-loss ratio we need to be proud of....especially, after 6 yrs of you-know-what.

U GUYS ARE IDIOTS IF U THINK THEY SHOULD GET RID OF SINGLETARY ARE OFFENSE DID LOOK GOOD THERE WERE JUST A COUPLE PENALTYS AND BAD OLINE THAT LOST THE GAME.... LAST YEAR ALL U WERE ON SINGS NUTS NOW U DONT WANT HIM AT THE START OF THE SEASON ALL U WERE ON HILLS NUTS NOW UR NOT... THIS TEAM IS GOOD THEY WILL GET IT TOGETHER AND SING IS THE REASON WHY LOOK AT VERNON.

LOL.......
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Kind of like Nolan pressers all over again

You do aware coach Nolan mentored Singletary till he was ready, don't you? Sheltered when Singletary was growing his wings, then be the wind to help him take off.
I love sing. But I really wish he had somebody in mind before he let martz go. This really reflects on his ability to manage.
Originally posted by GEEK:
How can we expect improvement when Singletary and Raye refuse to utilize our offensive linemen in different ways.

Again, Rachal had an awful game. He is horrible in pass protection, and he's barely average in run blocking. The run Gore had was all Gore and some of Heitmann.

Sims, I admit, had a pretty good game against Freeney. Hopefully, Staley will be healthy next week, and I hope Sims starts at RT.

Snyder again showed why he belongs on the bench. Singletary needs to stop looking into his player's eyes and more on their on-field performance.

LT: Staley
OC: Heitmann
RG: Wragge
RT: Sims

This is prob. our best lineup that will help Smith against the Titans.

Sims had a very good game today. Makes me think that:
LT: Sims
OC: Heitman
RG: Wragge/Snyder
RT: Staley

Perhaps this may be the way to go?
  • Chief
  • Veteran

Dude, this is the awesomeness!
Share 49ersWebzone