LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

Singletary's Postgame Presser

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Physical with an F for failure so far.

When smith passes the o line for the most part is able to give him time. We need to continue to pass the ball, that who we are
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'm done with these "we will get better" speeches. I want wins.

Sorry, but what do you expect him to say, "We will never get better," "We suck," or "This team has no hope." It was a loss, you can't really say anything as a coach until you at least look at film.

I rather he just say we blew it and then walk off.
wow.

-9fA
What would Bill Walsh do?

Singletary used to consult with Walsh and supposedly took copious notes. I may be way wrong here, but somehow I don't think Bill told him to run straight up the middle when you don't have the OL personnel to block the play effectively.

Given the success of Alex Smith in the "spread" formation during the 2nd half at Houston and in the 2-minute drill at the end of the first half today, I'd think that Bill might have wanted to kind of go more in that direction.
It's one thing to lose to a superior team, but after how well we played the 1st half, the 2nd half was lost clearly due to our mistakes.
I wish the coaching, offense and defense show up in the same game...someday.
1. Alex missed on at least 3 passes he should have completed

2. INT and fumble

3. 0 2nd half points

Offense gets a C- today

Defense gets a B+
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
i think the problem with Sing is he isnt an X's and O's coach and learned how to be a coach from Defensive Oriented teams (Bears, Ravens), so the only offense style he knows is to play conservative and let your defense win you the games. Not sure he would have any clue what to do with a team scoring 25+ points a game. If Raye had Alex throwing 30+ times a game i think Sing would freak out.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
1. Alex missed on at least 3 passes he should have completed

2. INT and fumble

3. 0 2nd half points

Offense gets a C- today

Defense gets a B+

Missing 3 throws in a game is pretty good really. Payton missed 5-6 today. Everyone misses a few. I thought the offense executed well enough, they just were not calling the right plays at the right time. Trying to sit on a 14-12 lead is pretty dumb.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
yes it sucks that we lost this game and all the games we have lost this year, but remember this is sings first year with the niners, we are rebuilding most of these players are from the nolan regime, you guys act like we are a super bowl contender and we are ruining a super bowl type season

Yes this team makes some mistakes that aare jsut f**king stupid, the playcalling sometimes makes you want to punc your tv or computer screen, we are headded in the right direction, hopefully the niners make a push for the division, but I for one like the direction we are headed. im not giving up on this season but I think next year is gonna be the year we get back to the playoffs.

We should have beat the Colts and the Vikings, and those are 2 of the best teams in the nfl right now. This team is not that far off, but its gonna take time, be patient.

And for those of you that will say "well we have been to playoffs since 02 and we have had nothing but losing seasons, i dont have any more patience"

Well GTFO and go root for another team, SING has got us going in a good direction, it wasnt gonna happen over night, there is gonna be some growing pains,
The future looks bright with A. Smith, F gore, V. Davis Crabtree and our D.

Thank you!

With the narrow losses we have had to 2 of the NFL's powerhouses, we are not that far off. Im sure the coaches will be taking inventory of what we do well and what we dont.

We are still right in the hunt for the division!

• BOSS2185
  • Info N/A
U GUYS ARE IDIOTS IF U THINK THEY SHOULD GET RID OF SINGLETARY ARE OFFENSE DID LOOK GOOD THERE WERE JUST A COUPLE PENALTYS AND BAD OLINE THAT LOST THE GAME.... LAST YEAR ALL U WERE ON SINGS NUTS NOW U DONT WANT HIM AT THE START OF THE SEASON ALL U WERE ON HILLS NUTS NOW UR NOT... THIS TEAM IS GOOD THEY WILL GET IT TOGETHER AND SING IS THE REASON WHY LOOK AT VERNON.
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by valrod33:
yes it sucks that we lost this game and all the games we have lost this year, but remember this is sings first year with the niners, we are rebuilding most of these players are from the nolan regime, you guys act like we are a super bowl contender and we are ruining a super bowl type season

Yes this team makes some mistakes that aare jsut f**king stupid, the playcalling sometimes makes you want to punc your tv or computer screen, we are headded in the right direction, hopefully the niners make a push for the division, but I for one like the direction we are headed. im not giving up on this season but I think next year is gonna be the year we get back to the playoffs.

We should have beat the Colts and the Vikings, and those are 2 of the best teams in the nfl right now. This team is not that far off, but its gonna take time, be patient.

And for those of you that will say "well we have been to playoffs since 02 and we have had nothing but losing seasons, i dont have any more patience"

Well GTFO and go root for another team, SING has got us going in a good direction, it wasnt gonna happen over night, there is gonna be some growing pains,
The future looks bright with A. Smith, F gore, V. Davis Crabtree and our D.

Thank you!

With the narrow losses we have had to 2 of the NFL's powerhouses, we are not that far off. Im sure the coaches will be taking inventory of what we do well and what we dont.

We are still right in the hunt for the division!

Exactly. We are light years ahead of what we've looked like in recent years, so I'm happy with that. Since has done more for this team in little time in comparison to what Nolan tried doing in a longer period of time. We have to be patient and believe. This isn't a going to be a quick turn around
Originally posted by BOSS2185:
U GUYS ARE IDIOTS IF U THINK THEY SHOULD GET RID OF SINGLETARY ARE OFFENSE DID LOOK GOOD THERE WERE JUST A COUPLE PENALTYS AND BAD OLINE THAT LOST THE GAME.... LAST YEAR ALL U WERE ON SINGS NUTS NOW U DONT WANT HIM AT THE START OF THE SEASON ALL U WERE ON HILLS NUTS NOW UR NOT... THIS TEAM IS GOOD THEY WILL GET IT TOGETHER AND SING IS THE REASON WHY LOOK AT VERNON.
I CAN'T HEAR YOU!! USE A BIGGER FONT NEXT TIME TOO!!
Originally posted by BOSS2185:

Share 49ersWebzone