There are 185 users in the forums

Official Jimmy Raye WTF thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sing has been laying down the law since being HC. If you aren't producing, then you sit. Hill, Roman, and even Clements have lost their starting gigs cause they weren't cutting it.

That should apply to the OC also. Raye isn't producing, so he's gotta be benched from the playcalling duties.

[ Edited by AKfanster on Nov 1, 2009 at 19:49:48 ]
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Sing has been laying down the law since being HC. If you aren't producing, then you sit. Hill, Roman, and even Clements have seen the starting gigs pulled because they weren't getting the job done.

That should apply to the OC also. Raye isn't producing, so he's gotta be benched from the playcalling duties.

Exactly,Singletary isn't afraid to make moves. I think it's Raye that is hindering the offense.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Sing has been laying down the law since being HC. If you aren't producing, then you sit. Hill, Roman, and even Clements have seen the starting gigs pulled because they weren't getting the job done.

Exactly,Singletary isn't afraid to make moves. I think it's Raye that is hindering the offense.

-9fA

The problem is Sing is all for his playcalling, I think...... Jed needs to get involved here. If Sing can't see what the problem is, then York needs to point it out for him
  • nooj
  • Veteran
I have been calling for Jimmy Raye's head since game 2. It's frustrating because it seems like he's not even on the hot seat with Sing.
The 9ers second half play calling left me so frustrated that after the game I did the only thing that was going to be more frustrating and divert my mind - I went to the Fremont Costco.

Few hours later, back home, I see all the comments and everything that I wanted to say has been said. But still, WTF!!!!

[ Edited by ninerball on Nov 1, 2009 at 19:57:32 ]
So, do you people think we will run out of things to say about this guy in a few more games?? WTF!!

I mean, look at what we are writing; it's the same over and over, just like the play calling!!

He is even having a big effect on us

WTF, what can you say that hasn't been said?
Im not sure how he would have done but the guy I wanted Sing to hire besides Linehan (out of the group he interviewed), is Rick Dennison who is the Broncos O-Line coach and I believe assistant head coach. He was the OC/O-Line coach under Shanahan the last couple of years and even though he did not call plays, the guy is a fantastic offensive line coach and running game cordinator and he could not have been any worse in calling plays than Jimmy Raye has been...
  • Nyner
Originally posted by sj49er408:
This game planning and play-calling is making me so frustrated, I can close my eyes and know what their gonna call on everydown! Raye has to go! Singeltary is blind and ignorant to stay with this guy and continue to do the same dam thing!

I thought that when he hired the man....Been around since the last supper and now all the sudden he's OC material.....I don't think so.
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
This is long overdue. In this thread we can list all of Jimmy Rayes wtf was that playcalls..

Nov. 1st vs Colts

1. Draw on 2nd and 20
2. FB run on 2nd and long.

I don't fault the draw on 2nd and 20 too much. A lot of teams will try that, but it's just that it's ALWAYS what we do on 2nd and really long.

Yeah but most teams don't do it with thier BLOCKNG FB!
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Anyone read Kawakami's new article? I'm not a big fan of the dude, but he feels that ultimately Jimmy Raye is an extension of Sing's offensive philosophy. He feels that Jimmy Raye is not to blame, but it's Sing's unwillingness to open up in close game situations.

I'm not sure this is something that can be changed in Sing's mind, but he has shown in the past that he can be humble and admit/learn from his mistakes.

I hope the beat writers ask a lot of questions about Raye. I want him on the hot seat in the media b/c the fans are truly frustrated.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Aight'.....who wants Norv Turner back!??!?!?!?!?!?!
Originally posted by Nes49:
Aight'.....who wants Norv Turner back!??!?!?!?!?!?!

I don't think Turner would take the OC job here even if it was offered to him
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
A lot of sources are saying that the players on offense are very unhappy with Raye, and they feel like they're not being put into the proper position to succeed. -Now whether it's fact of fiction, it's very hard NOT to see the players being frustrated and angry right now with this s**tTY calling we've seen from day one.

Seriously, how in the hell is Isaac Bruce still playing, while Brandon Jones rots on the bench? -There is something deeply wrong with our coaching staff right now.

I'm tired of this "WE SUCK" talk, we're better than our record. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS, and we're not using our offensive weapons properly. We could be better than the Cardinals but our conservative attitude is holding us back.

what sources?
As far as I am concern...Fk both raye and sing. Fk raye for being the dumbest fk ever to ever call plays and fk sing for being so stubborn and keeping bit*ch raye this long. Both these guys have no killer instinct and continue to play over the hill players. I remember Walsh talking about getting rid of people before their down fall. Now we are keeping way past their time. Bring in a real coach and OC. These two idiots are wasting away our current talents.

[ Edited by sacleads on Nov 1, 2009 at 21:28:48 ]
I read something someone else said on here. When it comes to Raye's playcalling, he seems like he is all or none, while praying that Gore can break an 80 yard run. Is there any other teams that run up the gut so much? sheesh, I cannot stand these dives...

Raye's playbook...
-HB dive
-FB dive
-screen
-TE post to the middle

Unfortunately, if you really think about it, it would be wayyyy more detrimental to the team to fire Raye midseason, than waiting until the season is over. I hope Sing tells us something about Raye's BS playcalling in the presser tomorrow, because something tells me he thinks it is not even an issue....
Share 49ersWebzone