There are 232 users in the forums

Official Jimmy Raye WTF thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The thing that gets me about Raye is that he has packages that can move the ball effectively included in his playbook (see Smith, Alex in shotgun). It's more the completely mindless and self-defeating sequence of playcalling that truly spells disaster for this team.

With Gore, Crabs, VD, and now a much improved Smith leading the show, we have the talent to move the ball, score some points, and be a very good offense. Raye's dumbass prevents from doing so.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
i think Raye thought that Indy would never think we would run the ball and we might get 5-6 yards from it and give us a better shot on 3rd down. Kinda like when you see a team run a draw play on 3rd and long and they get half way to the 1st
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
A lot of sources are saying that the players on offense are very unhappy with Raye, and they feel like they're not being put into the proper position to succeed. -Now whether it's fact of fiction, it's very hard NOT to see the players being frustrated and angry right now with this s**tTY calling we've seen from day one.

Seriously, how in the hell is Isaac Bruce still playing, while Brandon Jones rots on the bench? -There is something deeply wrong with our coaching staff right now.

I'm tired of this "WE SUCK" talk, we're better than our record. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS, and we're not using our offensive weapons properly. We could be better than the Cardinals but our conservative attitude is holding us back.

what sources?
jimmy raye is a retard. after alex smith shreds the colts D on the TD drive before the 2nd quarter ended he comes into the 2nd half and puts the brakes on Alex Smith. Smith was playing very well but all of a sudden he stops passing and goes back to the same boring ass plays he always tries. its very frustrating to know we can pass and score on a defense as good as the colts defense but our OC wont let us...
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
This is long overdue. In this thread we can list all of Jimmy Rayes wtf was that playcalls..

Nov. 1st vs Colts

1. Draw on 2nd and 20
2. FB run on 2nd and long.

The 2nd and long FB dive was one of the worst calls I've seen.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
This is long overdue. In this thread we can list all of Jimmy Rayes wtf was that playcalls..

Nov. 1st vs Colts

1. Draw on 2nd and 20
2. FB run on 2nd and long.

I notice both. Ridiculous.
Originally posted by thojess:
Even the announcers were like, "wtf, the niners need to spread em out and put alex in the gun." Horrible, 2nd half scheme. In the NFL, you can't get all conservative with a 3 or 4 point lead.

Take a look at the last drive from the Colts. They Dinked and Dunked us the whole way down the field, throwing on the majority of plays... with the lead! Is their any doubt that if we were in that same situation, Raye and Sing would ran the ball 3 times and punted?

Yep, it's real funny to see this. It's become a pattern. If we have a one point lead in the second half we play like if we have a 21 point lead. It's just weird. I was wondering when we would start to spread it out. When we did we moved the ball.
A lot of sources are saying that the players on offense are very unhappy with Raye, and they feel like they're not being put into the proper position to succeed. -Now whether it's fact of fiction, it's very hard NOT to see the players being frustrated and angry right now with this s**tTY calling we've seen from day one.

Seriously, how in the hell is Isaac Bruce still playing, while Brandon Jones rots on the bench? -There is something deeply wrong with our coaching staff right now.

I'm tired of this "WE SUCK" talk, we're better than our record. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS, and we're not using our offensive weapons properly. We could be better than the Cardinals but our conservative attitude is holding us back.

Bruce dropped some important catches today.
Originally posted by JulandEdward49:
2nd and 20
Run for 2 yards

Are you kidding me?
Compare that to Manning on 2nd and 20. He spreads the offense and gets a 1st down.
WTF

Seems like we have more talent on offense in recent years with Crabtree, Morgan, a mature Vernon Davis, and of course Gore. But in games, our offense is really no better than in 2007. Seems like it's the play calls. Outside of a couple of drives in different games, and the second half of the Houston game (already down 21-0) our offense has not been agressive at all. I know it's on the players to execute, but the coaches/coordinators have to set the tone with their game plan and play calling. I know our offense has limitations at QB and OL, but our lack of agressiveness is killing us.
Originally posted by teeohh:

what sources?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Raye isn't going anywhere. Singletary said the day he signed Raye on as OC this was a two year commitment.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Raye isn't going anywhere. Singletary said the day he signed Raye on as OC this was a two year commitment.

He also backed Shaun Hill early in the season. Stay tuned.

"we're better than our record. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS" we are what our record is 3-4 team have no clue what they are a running team or a passing team ! you are what your record is no more no less !
Share 49ersWebzone