There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Jimmy Raye WTF thread

A lot of sources are saying that the players on offense are very unhappy with Raye, and they feel like they're not being put into the proper position to succeed. -Now whether it's fact of fiction, it's very hard NOT to see the players being frustrated and angry right now with this s**tTY calling we've seen from day one.

Seriously, how in the hell is Isaac Bruce still playing, while Brandon Jones rots on the bench? -There is something deeply wrong with our coaching staff right now.

I'm tired of this "WE SUCK" talk, we're better than our record. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS, and we're not using our offensive weapons properly. We could be better than the Cardinals but our conservative attitude is holding us back.
when we want to, we move the ball like the best of them. Just look at last weeks game and the end of the second quarter today. Why not do that all game???!!!! It's f**king stupid and I don't understand it. they only decide to move the ball when we're losing. It's mind boggling. I can totally see why the players would be pissed.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
A lot of sources are saying that the players on offense are very unhappy with Raye, and they feel like they're not being put into the proper position to succeed. -Now whether it's fact of fiction, it's very hard NOT to see the players being frustrated and angry right now with this s**tTY calling we've seen from day one.

Seriously, how in the hell is Isaac Bruce still playing, while Brandon Jones rots on the bench? -There is something deeply wrong with our coaching staff right now.

I'm tired of this "WE SUCK" talk, we're better than our record. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS, and we're not using our offensive weapons properly. We could be better than the Cardinals but our conservative attitude is holding us back.

what sources would those be?
I was hoping the niners would mix up the down field passing today before they were in obvious passing downs.
Originally posted by fister30:
I was hoping the niners would mix up the down field passing today before they were in obvious passing downs.

Yep, you and every Niners fan.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
49ers on first downs today: 8 rushes for 23 yards; and 17 pass plays (7 of 15 for 76 yards w/ 1 interception and two sacks).

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by dald1:
i really hope norv gets fired then we hire him as our OC...raye's playcalling is just pitiful

like the idea but if he won't stay then it wouldn't help. if he leave AGAIN then we have a oc problem again

i just wana make it to the playoffs damnit!!!
Originally posted by Jcool:
49ers on first downs today: 8 rushes for 23 yards; and 17 pass plays (7 of 15 for 76 yards w/ 1 interception and two sacks).

Most of that yardage came from the 2 minute drill.

-9fA
The biggest WTF isn't any one single play (although even I was aghast at the 2nd and 20 draw)....it's the complete ignorance of the fact that Smith is a 100 times better QB when operating out of the spread formation, preferably in the shotgun, seeing this succeed, and still insisting on running the same vanilla Raye offense throughout the second half.

If I'm Jed York, Raye is holding a pink slip at season's end, and I'm on the phone to Holmgren about coming in taking over this mess in the coming offseason.

The players and the personnel are not the problem, it's the "experts" in charge. Raye does not know how to call plays, he has no sense of tempo or rhythm. Alex is better off running the offense himself (ala Manning).
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Most of that yardage came from the 2 minute drill.

-9fA

27 yards

its not the playcalls on 1st down its the personnel
  • Blackgoat49ers5
  • Info N/A

Uncle Fester is pissing me off with that s**t faced grin on his mug.

[ Edited by kray28 on Nov 1, 2009 at 15:29:56 ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
We take absolutely NO shots down the field. None at all.

The one that works for us - multiple WR set and up tempo offense - Raye only uses it when the we're done by 21 points or have to run a 2 minute drill.

Draw play on 2nd & 20. Truly WTF.

-9fA

Thank you! Exactly what I had been thinking. I really think Raye lost the game for us today. There is absolutly no variety on offense. If we run for a positve gain then that is followed up by 4-5 more runs up the middle. If we pass for a gain then 3-4 more passes. It really seems like he is lost on play calling and the calls are coming in way too late which is seriously costing us.
I'm calling for his head!