LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Which offensive penalty is most frustrating?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which offensive penalty is most frustrating?

All three penalties were called on our team at crucial times last week. Who or what is to blame, and how do we correct it?
all singletarys fault no matter what
  • Antix
  • Veteran
All three of those suck but I'd have to say dleay of game b.c its the most preventable.
does it really matter which one is called. Either way it negates anything positive that might have happened. I would prefer a clean game with no penalties on either side of the ball for our team. Now the other team they can play sloppy all they want.
Delay by far, just shows a complete lack of preparation and urgency.
Originally posted by backontop:
does it really matter which one is called. Either way it negates anything positive that might have happened. I would prefer a clean game with no penalties on either side of the ball for our team. Now the other team they can play sloppy all they want.

How hard is it to call a freaking timeout !!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Originally posted by backontop:

How hard is it to call a freaking timeout !!!!!!!!

a time out for what? any of those penalties except the delay of game means you are ready to run your play. the delay of game calls I am blaming on Smith getting the plays late. If you rewatch the game you will see him motion to the coaches to hury up and give him the play. When you are down by that much and working on a comeback you don't want to waste all of your timeouts. I would rather have the delay of game call and keep a TO for later on when it is needed. Hopefully the coaches will get the plays to him a little earlier next game.
meh, the ones that piss me off the most are the ones that bring good plays back. Like the one on Morgan yesterday on Crabs 22 yard reception.
Originally posted by znk916:
Delay by far, just shows a complete lack of preparation and urgency.
Delay of game.

The other two can be triggered by emotion, nerves over aggressiveness etc.

But when you have the play clock staring you in the face.

I'll give Alex the first one because of being rusty and all. But the last one was the killer.

Originally posted by valrod33:

Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

i was kidding

If you really want to be technical about it it's really all York's fault.
Illegal motion.

Another mental lapse by Morgan.

-9fA
aren't all 3 of these supposed to stop the play before the snap?
Share 49ersWebzone