There are 298 users in the forums

Crabtree was amazingly impressive in his debut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The cool thing is 4 of 5 of his catches I believe where 1st downs which is what we need. I think a couple of them where 3rd down conversions and we all know how bad we are on 3rd downs.
Yes, Crabtree played quite well for his first NFL game. Add the fact that he wasn't part of the TC, makes it even more impressive. That's from an individual perspective.
Overall, him not being part of the training camp hurt the 49ers.
BENCH ISAAC BRUCE
And some people were saying one week extra training doesn't help chemistry?? Obviously it looked like Smith to Crabtree looked on point compared to Hill to Crabtree. Let's not forget Smith sat all last year and some of this year, maybe it is time for him to prove people wrong? With our O-Line playing like that every week we have a chance every game. Hopefully will continue next week.

PS we need to get a running game going
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Its so exciting to have a legit receiver. Its been SO long. Everyone just stop what your doing and enjoy that
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Its so exciting to have a legit receiver. Its been SO long. Everyone just stop what your doing and enjoy that

Sorry, can't do it. He wasn't playing a very good secondary. If he does it again in Indianapolis, then I'll be convinced.

He looks good and has excellent hands. He's a natural pass catcher.
Originally posted by B650:

Sorry, can't do it. He wasn't playing a very good secondary. If he does it again in Indianapolis, then I'll be convinced.

But he did do what good WRs do, and that's 'school' inept defensive backs. Crabs was making perfect reads/cuts/bumps on his defenders for the ball (very vetran-like). -So I suspect he'll play the "possession" role until he's fully comfortable within the thick of things.

-But of course your point doesn't go unsung, we'll have to see how he can handle a "grabby" defensive back like Asante Samuel or Al Harris -later this season- (which can put in that extra effort after the possession to weasel the ball out of a receiver's arms).

Although again, this is the start of something special, and I don't know anybody who can't see that right now.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM ]
His hands are football magnets. Watching him catch a ball and then VD catch a ball is humorous.
  • KevMoWong
  • Info N/A
Although it was only one game (and a game after being with the organization for only two weeks), i am excited to see how our receiving corps are shaping up. With VD running those skinny posts, it seems to be a real threat that other teams must account for. That just opens up the small to intermediate hitch routes and drag routes for Morgan. Then with Crabs, it feels like he has the hands and the body control to just go up and grab anything close to him. I think Alex will really love the extra sense of insurance that gives him, if Alex starts next week. Plus there is always Gore running the flats for any check downs. That's four legit threats that an opposing defense must account for.

All in all, I'm very hopeful for our receiving corps. It's the most hopeful I've been since TO and Jerry...

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by B650:

But he did do what good WRs do, and that's 'school' inept defensive backs. Crabs was making perfect reads/cuts/bumps on his defenders for the ball (very vetran-like). -So I suspect he'll play the "possession" role until he's fully comfortable within the thick of things.

-But of course your point doesn't go unsung, we'll have to see how he can handle a "grabby" defensive back like Asante Samuel or Al Harris -later this season- (which can put in that extra effort after the possession to weasel the ball out of a receiver's arms).

Although again, this is the start of something special, and I don't know anybody who can't see that right now.

I'm definitely optimistic. Suddenly we have some of the best talent in the league on offense with Smith, Crabtree, Davis, and Gore. They were talking about how Houston had a talented foursome of Shaub, Johnson, Daniels, and Slaton. Well, hopefully if everything works out, we'll have that as well.
Crabs needs 3 more receptions to pass up Rashaun Woods' NFL career total.
He really reminded me a lot of Boldin just in the way he plays and catches the tough ball. The one he dropped was mostly due to Hill"s baby arm and he looked like he's been there before.
He adds a whole new dimension to our offense if utilized properly. Crabtree, Morgan, and VD..... and lets not forget bout good ole Gore.

Crabtree played better than anyone could have expected and his upside seems huge considering what he has missed coming into today!!!
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Crabs needs 3 more receptions to pass up Rashaun Woods' NFL career total.

Share 49ersWebzone