There are 143 users in the forums

Crabtree was amazingly impressive in his debut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Once again he proved all the doubters wrong!

Where are all your haters now!

I like him as a 49er. But one game he proved everyone wrong? Wow pretty low standards.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by hofer36:
next they can try to get him some bubble screens where he show off his running skills

they ran one, it only went for about 3 yards, but you saw how explosve that play can be with him. he turned came to the ball to set up the block on his CB, but the other DB made a great play.

If it was blocked well it would've went for more yds. I remember Gore not executing his block at all and his man made the tackle. They have got to clean that up in practice
I'd like to think that these are the type of players Alex needed to succeed. Maybe this is a perfect match for Alex to finaly reach his potential. I was really impressed by both of them, and with extra playing time, it wiill be better.
The thing that impressed me the most today, was his demeanor after making those catches, he wasn't celebrating like VD in his younger years.
I missed the game.. anyone know where I can download it or view the replay online?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

I like him as a 49er. But one game he proved everyone wrong? Wow pretty low standards.

Think of the situation, no Training Camp, No Mini-Camps, No PreSeason, didnt play the first 5 games of the season, still came out and had himself a good day. Project his numbers over a 16 game season and its over 900 yards receiving. He had a great day all things considered
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
It is almost amazing just to watch him catch the ball... I mean when you think of a top-flight WR typically you think of a guy like Moss or Owens who are just athletically gifted and can out-reach, out-run and out-jump the competition. Crabtree isn't the biggest or fastest guy, but he catches anything close to him like a machine. The one where he softly caught that rocket directly above his head without even looking up at the ball up made me .

Its amazing to think what the human body can do. We might be witnessing the pinnacle of catching evolution . I mean think about running a route and turning your head and having a split second to catch that crap.

Here's hoping he gets a lot more opportunities this season. Maybe throw him a bomb or two a game when its 1v1 coverage. He didn't get a chance today to show off his YAC today ability either.

Great post! Crabtree is only gonna get better out there too! With him & Vernon really stepping up his game we are going to have some real weapons on the 49ers offense.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Think of the situation, no Training Camp, No Mini-Camps, No PreSeason, didnt play the first 5 games of the season, still came out and had himself a good day. Project his numbers over a 16 game season and its over 900 yards receiving. He had a great day all things considered

Exactly thanks for the backup I guess people don't really know how to factor in all the negatives this guys has had in this site. Great debut is only going to get better don't you think? Had more catches than any of our other WR.
I didn't expect this type of game fro him but he showed why he was a top 10 talent.....if only he had gotten his contract signed sooner!!!!!

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
I'd like to think that these are the type of players Alex needed to succeed. Maybe this is a perfect match for Alex to finaly reach his potential. I was really impressed by both of them, and with extra playing time, it wiill be better.

He needed:

~ Better players.
~ More maturity.
~ More experience.
~ More confidence.

Maybe now it's coming together.
Lets not forget the 18 yarder called back on a dumb penalty by Morgan.

I think we scored a TD on that drive anyway, though.

Crabtree is legit. There's no question about it, the guy has skills: unbelievable hands and can run routes like a veteran.

We just gotta keep feeding the ball to our weapons: Crabtree, VD, Gore, Morgan.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Oct 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM ]

thats a staple of Niner Talk....get your I told you so's in as soon as you can
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm pumped for next week we got Alex, Fwank and Crabs back. Now, let's see what kind of damage we can do the rest of the way.
Share 49ersWebzone