There are 284 users in the forums

Crabtree was amazingly impressive in his debut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I knew the guy was good, but I was extremely impressed with his game considering all variables. I mean he's basically been out of football for nearly a year and only been in the building for a couple weeks.

I hope this is a sign of things to come. Dude's got some mitts on him. Absolutely attacks the ball with his hands. Very aggressive when catching the ball. I love it!!!
Yeah, impressive debut. He certainly looked like he deserved the starting spot.
His hands are extremely impressive and it looks like he got some separation today. Once he gets into the system a little more I expect more YAC like he did in college. That is the one thing he didn't really have today.
[ Edited by theginz2004 on Oct 25, 2009 at 3:23 PM ]
Once again he proved all the doubters wrong!

Where are all your haters now!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

That he did.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Yeah. This kid is going to be unbelievable. He is special.
Agreed,he's gonna be someone to be reckoned with especially with a QB(Alex) who can get him the ball.
Looks very natural catching the ball, effortless almost
A couple things stood out to me:
1) Very clean routes for a rookie. Usually, rookies are sloppy with their footwork. I thought he looked sharp,

2) Good hands. He had one drop on a ball that was not very well thrown, but the rest of the time, he used his hands to catch the ball, and did not have it jar loose after contact.

A solid first game. Very impressed with the rook, and he is only going to get better.
5 Catches for 56 yards ain't bad for a rookie and a rookie who just signed 2 weeks ago and thrown into the starting lineup.

The one catch that really stuck out to me was the one where he was one-on-one on Dante Robinson, where he ran a curl and had the strength to get away and catch it with his hands, then turn up for that extra yard for a first.

We finally have a WR.
Crabtree is next-level talent, and people were not BS-ing the fact that he gives us an instant weapon in the passing game.

The way he catches the ball and holds onto it in mid-air just gives me goosebumps, and the way Michael was able to break-off from defenders on his routes... this guy is playing like a 2-year veteran. It's f**king scary the way he puts in that extra effort for the first down.

The boy just has the IT factor, and he looks almost unstoppable with Smith throwing to him. We're witnessing the start of something really special here.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
We finally have a WR.

And maybe a Qb, too.
Thank you Mr. Crabs for not being a bust
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
We finally have a WR.

And maybe a Qb, too.

that's just crazy talk
Share 49ersWebzone