There are 176 users in the forums

Alex Smith Bandwagon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
"Alex Smith looked better today than any time during the 2006 season". - Gary Plummer.

I agree. With that said, I still wanna draft a QB next year.

luckily we don't have to decide that til the end of the year. Alex should start the rest of the year and we should find out what we have.
  • king32
  • Info N/A
"Alex Smith looked better today than any time during the 2006 season". - Gary Plummer.

In the first round?
At this point anyone but Hill out there is better option. Hill just doesen't know how to make his read or progression he stares one side and stays there he's terrible.
Also loved Smith's mobility. He avoided pressure perfectly and had a couple good rushes.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by king32:

In the first round?

Depends on how well he ends the season IMO.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm calling it now - Alex Smith comeback player of the year.

If Alex continues to play well, I don't. Use the 1st rounders for the o-line unless you're suggesting we draft a QB in the later rounds.
been a smith supporter since day 1 and it just sucks that i missed his rebirth
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

luckily we don't have to decide that til the end of the year. Alex should start the rest of the year and we should find out what we have.

I totally agree...lets see what Alex has this year. It will give the team a better perspective of what to do next year (i.e. keep Smith, have Smith and Nate Davis compete it out, or draft a QB in the draft).

Lets face it...Shaun Hill is a backup in this league...
Originally posted by bg787:
i never got off,,,, i always hated hill and his noodle arm

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
been a smith supporter since day 1 and it just sucks that i missed his rebirth

It was his best game EVER. You missed out big time.
Originally posted by king32:

In the first round?

Depends on how well he ends the season IMO.

only QB I'd draft is Jimmy Clausen
If Alex keeps going there is certainly no reason to draft a QB. Now 3 TDs in a half isn't going to happen week in and week out, but you guys know what I'm saying.

Right now our draft needs are on the offensive line and we need a game breaking offensive/special teams skill player. A guy that we can get on the field in many ways and get the ball to. He needs to be a return man, RB, slot receiver, ect.
Did Alex Smith really toss 3 TDs to VD and had somewhat of a "touch pass" today or am I just dreaming?
Alex on KTVU now
Share 49ersWebzone