There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cut Battle!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Ummm...the Texans return guy had the sun in his face on about 4 punt returns and didn't muff it, he shouldn't have tried to catch it if he couldn't see it, Battle was an idiot on that play.

True that if he didn't see it then let it bounce easy decision I think.
Boneheaded play by Battle! Costs us the game!

That is exactly what it did too. There were some bulls**t calls too.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Cut Battle a break. He is a reliable WR when given the chance to play and there is no reason to cut him loose. What if Morgan, Crabs or Bruce get hurt? Battle is the type of player who can do a nice job filling in for them.

When was the last time Battle was reliable? '06?
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Ang:
Letting you have the thread, but if you are going to ignore the fact that the sun was in his face it's a lost cause.

And the sun was in his face against the Falcons when he dropped yet another punt. But it's not Battle's fault. The sun just usually happens to be out a lot. Maybe he should go to Seattle.

I agree the sun was in his face. We have got to put Clements or Bly back there. That fumble really hurt this team today. We had to waste a timeout also because the defense was spent from just stopping the Texans.
Dude, it came down like a punt! Give him some slack.
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
He drops another punt.......Cutting Rossum for this chump....Way to go!


Giving Games Away Still!!!!!!!!!!!

agree with the emergence of Crabs we don't need him.
Battle being a solid good player is THE BIGGEST MYTH on the board.
Originally posted by kronik:
Battle being a solid good player is THE BIGGEST MYTH on the board.

This. Our Wr's being so horrid the past 6 years caused some fans to actually over hype this scrub.
[ Edited by Hopper on Oct 25, 2009 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
He drops another punt.......Cutting Rossum for this chump....Way to go!


Giving Games Away Still!!!!!!!!!!!

agree with the emergence of Crabs we don't need him.

Let Crabtree return all kicks and punts.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Ang:
Letting you have the thread, but if you are going to ignore the fact that the sun was in his face it's a lost cause.

And the sun was in his face against the Falcons when he dropped yet another punt. But it's not Battle's fault. The sun just usually happens to be out a lot. Maybe he should go to Seattle.

I agree the sun was in his face. We have got to put Clements or Bly back there. That fumble really hurt this team today. We had to waste a timeout also because the defense was spent from just stopping the Texans.

Did the sun go down on Houston's punt returns or something? We both had to fight through the same conditions. Bottom line is, sun or not, you have to make that play and if you can't, let the damn ball go. Stupid mistake by a veteran. We have a couple old veterans (Hill and Battle) playing like rookies. Thank God at least Hill is on the bench now where he belongs. Battle should be next. Crabtree or Spurlock should take over PR duties.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Never want to see him again. I'm more pissed at him than I ever was than even Kwame.

I dont know about the Kwame thing...Battle is still clutch when it comes to third downs...I dont know if thats enough to keep him on the team though...I guess with J.Hill and Brandon Jones, we can afford to let Battle go...Its whatever...
hes a good WR the sun was killer and he is not a special team ace wasnt his fault shouldve not cut rossum r at least put spurlock in who is a special team ace
Battle is a warrior .... because of his last name.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes a good WR the sun was killer and he is not a special team ace wasnt his fault shouldve not cut rossum r at least put spurlock in who is a special team ace

He's a good WR? I think Crabtree showed what a good WR is supposed to look like, and he just got here 2 weeks ago. Again, if he couldn't see it, he shouldn't have went for it. He has a history of blowing returns.
Originally posted by Ang:
Letting you have the thread, but if you are going to ignore the fact that the sun was in his face it's a lost cause.

then shouldn't he let it go instead of trying to catch a punt he can barely see
Originally posted by 804Niner:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Never want to see him again. I'm more pissed at him than I ever was than even Kwame.

I dont know about the Kwame thing...Battle is still clutch when it comes to third downs...I dont know if thats enough to keep him on the team though...I guess with J.Hill and Brandon Jones, we can afford to let Battle go...Its whatever...

The question is, cut him FOR WHAT? So get rid of him, pay him out what would be owed, and DO WHAT with that roster spot? Does anyone have a good answer? If not go ahead and lock this thread because cutting him will accomplish nothing. It's not like there's a multitude of unsigned players sitting at home watching the games on Sunday (or on an NFL practice squad) we can sign that will make any difference on this team or that guy would probably already be signed. I mean, there are how many NFL teams looking for players to help them win? [see answer below]






[32]