There are 222 users in the forums

Cut Battle!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ang:
Letting you have the thread, but if you are going to ignore the fact that the sun was in his face it's a lost cause.

Then why did he try to catch it? It's not like he doesn't have a history screwing up on returns.
Letting you have the thread, but if you are going to ignore the fact that the sun was in his face it's a lost cause.

he has muffed more than one punt this season i'm sure, unless i'm delusional
There is no need to cut Arnaz. Battle and Bruce will be free agents. Don't see either of them coming back.
Originally posted by forty9ers49:
Who cares if the sun was in his face? If he can't see the ball, don't try to field it. He's a bad punt returner, PERIOD.

I gotta agree with this. If you can't locate the ball you let it go. 1st and 10 with the ball on the 2 yard line is alot better than turning the ball over in the red zone.

I knew the Rossum release was going to hurt us. By the way keeping spurlock looks to be a great idea.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
nate should be returning our punts. better make that 80 million somehow its not in coverage thats for sure...as for battle...i think we should have cut him and had sheets on our team. but o well just stop letting him return.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
did u see the sun in his face?

If he couldn't see the ball he SHOULD NOT have tried to catch it. Period. No excuses.

He has NEVER been a good return man and now that he has been relegated to punt return duty he is only on the team to do something he is not good at! This is ridiculous.

Like I said, he shouldn't have tried to catch the ball when he couldn't see it. NO EXCUSES.
If not for Battle we wouldn't have Smith in there which is sad. Smith should have been in from the start but I'm happy that Battle did muff it because we'll have a better offense the rest of the year now because of it.
Ummm...the Texans return guy had the sun in his face on about 4 punt returns and didn't muff it, he shouldn't have tried to catch it if he couldn't see it, Battle was an idiot on that play.
Originally posted by Mospeed:
If not for Battle we wouldn't have Smith in there which is sad. Smith should have been in from the start but I'm happy that Battle did muff it because we'll have a better offense the rest of the year now because of it.

I don't agree with this.

The fact that our offense couldn't move the ball should have prompted Mike Singletary to make a change whether we were down by 21 or 14 at the half, and I think he would have.

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Ummm...the Texans return guy had the sun in his face on about 4 punt returns and didn't muff it, he shouldn't have tried to catch it if he couldn't see it, Battle was an idiot on that play.

True that if he didn't see it then let it bounce easy decision I think.
Boneheaded play by Battle! Costs us the game!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

If the sun is in your face and you can't see the punt. Use your head and get out of the way and let the punt drop.
deactivate him...

activate Jason Hill or Spurlock.
Cut Battle a break. He is a reliable WR when given the chance to play and there is no reason to cut him loose. What if Morgan, Crabs or Bruce get hurt? Battle is the type of player who can do a nice job filling in for them.
The sun in his face is no excuse. The sun was in Jacoby jones face as well and I didn't see him drop any punts
Share 49ersWebzone