There are 230 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mariucci given a tour of 49ers headquarters??

you beat me to it but this topic is as bad as your username
IF you were a die hard niner fan you would know all the construction and remodeling that has been happening at team head quarters this year. I'm sure Jed York is just showing Mooch some of the remodeling so he can take it back and use some of that info on NFLN.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Barrows is reporting that Jed York gave Steve Mariucci a tour of the 49ers facility today. Will Singletary get fired soon and replaced by Mariucci? Will Mariucci take this team to the Superbowl this year?

LINK

Moochy sucked as a Head Coach...want to know the begining of the end...it was when we replaced seifert with this guy.

yup, he took the 49ers to the playoffs 4 out of 6 years. Yup he was the beginning of the end

It was Donahue and York that sank this franchise. Not to mention Eddie D's legal troubles
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Barrows is reporting that Jed York gave Steve Mariucci a tour of the 49ers facility today. Will Singletary get fired soon and replaced by Mariucci? Will Mariucci take this team to the Superbowl this year?

LINK

Moochy sucked as a Head Coach...want to know the begining of the end...it was when we replaced seifert with this guy.

yup, he took the 49ers to the playoffs 4 out of 6 years. Yup he was the beginning of the end

It was Donahue and York that sank this franchise. Not to mention Eddie D's legal troubles

Well no offense towards Mooch, but I think that the team should have gone with Shannahan when they forced George out. Shannahan was extremely instrumental in our success of '94 and I think that the WCO would not have been as severely downgraded if he was named HC instead of Mooch.

Now obviously this is just an opinion, but honestly Mooch SHOULD have had as much success as he did, given that he inherited a Super Bowl team. Why people continue to hang off his nuts escapes me, but he wasn't the worst Coach in 9er history either.

I just think that our team SHOULD have done more over the span of his career in San Francisco.

~Ceadder
Should there be any question. Great leaders take great teams to the dance and win it. Young even said Shanahan was the real deal...while making sure we all heard Walsh has always been the man.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Mooch is a loser, couldnt take a loaded team anywhere. Thats why he got fired.

For real...why'd he have to go and break Garrison Hearsts leg? What an a*****e...

No kiddin, ha ?? We went to the Playoffs and a broken bone from the SB ... he's a loser ??

G F Y

Mooch is a loser, any real coach could have won a superbowl with the team he had.

When you have Rice Owens and Young, Hearst shouldnt make or break your playoff run

I wouldn't call him a loser, however, the circumstances are very similar to that of Barry Switzer. Both men inherited awesome teams, loaded with talent. Switzer rode the the gravy train his first year and then digressed more and more there after. Mooch just couldn't get over the hump.

The biggest thing about Mooch was he was the "Be your friend" kind of coach. Thanks to T.O, he eventually lost control of the locker room and respect of his players. JMO
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

LINK

Well no offense towards Mooch, but I think that the team should have gone with Shannahan when they forced George out. Shannahan was extremely instrumental in our success of '94 and I think that the WCO would not have been as severely downgraded if he was named HC instead of Mooch.

Now obviously this is just an opinion, but honestly Mooch SHOULD have had as much success as he did, given that he inherited a Super Bowl team. Why people continue to hang off his nuts escapes me, but he wasn't the worst Coach in 9er history either.

I just think that our team SHOULD have done more over the span of his career in San Francisco.

~Ceadder

Shanahan left before Mooch was named head coach didn't he? I remember shanahan saying that the Denver job was a special situation and that was the only hc job that he would have left the niners for. He left after the Superbowl and coached the 95 season with the Broncos. Seifert left the niners in 1996.

Mooch's offenses is why he didn't do more. We had TO and Garcia and everyone knew TO was getting the ball. The playcalling wasn't the greates imo especially when Knapp was OC
Originally posted by E-49er:

LINK

~Ceadder

Shanahan left before Mooch was named head coach didn't he? I remember shanahan saying that the Denver job was a special situation and that was the only hc job that he would have left the niners for. He left after the Superbowl and coached the 95 season with the Broncos. Seifert left the niners in 1996.

Mooch's offenses is why he didn't do more. We had TO and Garcia and everyone knew TO was getting the ball. The playcalling wasn't the greates imo especially when Knapp was OC

Mooch had his conservative moments too. Esp in the late 4qtr.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

LINK

~Ceadder

He lost my respect during the playoff game at Tampa Bay.
Originally posted by B650:

LINK

~Ceadder

Refresh my memory, please. What happened, specifically?
  • B650
  • Veteran

LINK

~Ceadder

We were down big to Tampa Bay. There was still some time on the clock before the half, but Mariucci decided to quit and send his team to the locker room rather than try to score and gain some momentum. He was fired after the loss, and I believe that was one of the biggest reasons why. Plus, we were far too predictable. We ended up hiring Dennis Erickson, who's an aggressive, offensive-minded coach.
This is incredible! It's funny how some don't use their heads to think.

LINK

~Ceadder

We were down big to Tampa Bay. There was still some time on the clock before the half, but Mariucci decided to quit and send his team to the locker room rather than try to score and gain some momentum. He was fired after the loss, and I believe that was one of the biggest reasons why. Plus, we were far too predictable. We ended up hiring Dennis Erickson, who's an aggressive, offensive-minded coach.

I remember now.