There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49er Vocabulary

Diva: 2009 updated word for primadonna. Diva used to be associated with female celebrities who were difficult to deal with. Eric Mangini used the term to describe Michael Crabtree prior to the 2009 draft now every loud mouth WR has been associated with the term. Any use of this term shows a lack of vocabulary and an attempt to regurgitate the same cliche opinion for the 1000th time.

Physicality: another cliche term that needs to be eradicated because I'm tired of hearing it.

McClueless: a not-so-clever attempt to combine both clueless and 49ers GM McCloughan into one word to describe the supposedly failed and utter incompetence of the GM.

Sing: an abbreviate form of Singletary's last name. indicates a laziness on the part of the writer. Its not like Mike's last name is difficult to spell like Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski
[ Edited by DesiDez on Oct 22, 2009 at 9:52 AM ]
Originally posted by B650:
Duck -- A forward pass fired by our starting QB, Shaun Hill, in which the ball seems to travel at a duck-like pace, wobbling back and forth until it lands harmlessly at one of our high-priced, underplayed WR's feet.

Example: That pass was a duck.

Got Romaned -- Slang for getting lost in coverage and being about 2 or 3 steps too slow, then putting your hands up in the air as if someone else in the secondary made the mistake.

Example: Man, Clements just got Romaned by Roddy White.

"It won't be a situation where we say, hey, you've been here working hard all year, but now we have Crabtree so you aren't gonna play"

Apparently translates as:

"It will be a situation where we say, hey, you've been here working hard all year, but now we have Crabtree so you aren't gonna play"
Huston: team we play this Sunday.
Catching Some Rayes - Do not confuse this 49er term with Catching Some Rays which means getting some sun. This one means Taking a Nap

Example - I catch some rayes after watching our 3 and outs.

This term is also an oxymoron or one that defies logic such as "an honest crook". In other words, how can you have words Raye and Catch in the same phrase?
"Gored and Crabified" - descriptive term for a Niner offense hitting on all cylinders.

Example: Houston fans filled Reliant Stadium, expecting a Texas-style BBQ of the Niners. Instead, the home boys were Gored and Crabified by San Francisco's balanced attack."

"Steamed Crabs" - descriptive term for a game where the WR consistently gets open, but the QB is unable to get him the ball.

Example: Based on the club's first half performance, I imagine that the half-time menu included a hearty helping of Steamed Crabs."

"Weeping Willis" - a descriptive term for an opposing offensive player, upon being hit by a Niner player, whereby said offensive player uncontrolably secreets snot and/or drool.

Example: Whoa, it looks like Slaton picked-up a Weeping Willis on that hit.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by artiga1:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
SUCK - What the 49ers have been doing for years and years and what they will continue to do despite false hope.



Wow..and you call yourself a 49er fan?? I understand the point of the thread but seriously??

Everytime you post on Niner talk its always about how bad we are and how much we suck... If you actually think that then stop posting on this board and go jump on the bandwagon of the Broncos or Chargers...I'm sick of fans like you

Your pathetic man

I hate super negativity just as much as anyone

but I've never understood the whole "your not a fan if your negative" or "go root for another team" type responses

makes no sense

+1.




True . . . unless you being negative for the sake of negativity . . . which is easy to spot.

Hmm...I wonder who that can be

Hey I don't drink Singletary and YORKIE kool aid like the rest of you. I see the truth. I know after what is it 6 - 7 years of rebuilding we are still garbage. We need another 5 years to rebuild the QB, pass rush, O Line, OLB, Safety, KR / PR, HC, OC and on and on.

If you want to put your head in the sand go ahead. But not me.

OK SD. By you not drinking the kool aid and not putting your head in the sand, hows that working for you? The way you constantly project buzz-killing vibes, leads me to believe that you are having off the field issues.

SD, define the word below. I dare you.

Negative:....
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:56 AM ]
Hilllusions - Persistent, yet unjustified beliefs that Shaun Hill is a quality NFL starting quarterback.

Statements like "Shaun Hill is clutch!" or "He has had ONE bad game this year!" are some common examples.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Huston: team we play this Sunday.

NICE! I came in here to post that hahaha
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by artiga1:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
SUCK - What the 49ers have been doing for years and years and what they will continue to do despite false hope.



Wow..and you call yourself a 49er fan?? I understand the point of the thread but seriously??

Everytime you post on Niner talk its always about how bad we are and how much we suck... If you actually think that then stop posting on this board and go jump on the bandwagon of the Broncos or Chargers...I'm sick of fans like you

Your pathetic man

I hate super negativity just as much as anyone

but I've never understood the whole "your not a fan if your negative" or "go root for another team" type responses

makes no sense

+1.




True . . . unless you being negative for the sake of negativity . . . which is easy to spot.

Hmm...I wonder who that can be

Hey I don't drink Singletary and YORKIE kool aid like the rest of you. I see the truth. I know after what is it 6 - 7 years of rebuilding we are still garbage. We need another 5 years to rebuild the QB, pass rush, O Line, OLB, Safety, KR / PR, HC, OC and on and on.

If you want to put your head in the sand go ahead. But not me.

Its not about the Kool aid and putting your head in the sand. Please!

The truth is we are 3-2 and 3-0 in the NFC West. Those are facts!

You see SD, that's what is so curious. We are 3-2! 3-2! leading the NFC West right now. We were expected to be 1-4 so get off that IV of negativity and come back to root for your team.

We have some meaningful and down right scary games against some quality opponents in the next six weeks. We have to earn it and it could go either way.

I am sure you will have a discourse about how we are going to lose every game, but the bottom line is you don't know and it's obvious.

I mean look where you projected us? 1-15. Yea right.

Originally posted by loganizer49:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Huston: team we play this Sunday.

yeah i know i messed up on that one. as soon as i sent it i realized it.

THE LOGANIZERRRRRRR
LOGANISTAAAAA
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by wadjay:
Hilllusions - Persistent, yet unjustified beliefs that Shaun Hill is a quality NFL starting quarterback.

Statements like "Shaun Hill is clutch!" or "He has had ONE bad game this year!" are some common examples.

Gamer: The essence of Shaun Hill.

The 2007 Season: 1. Everything we would like to forget and refuse to believe we may be reliving this. 2. A mulligan for Alex Smith.

Hostler: See The 2007 Season.
Pulling a JaMarcus Russell -> When playing beer pong completely overshooting the table and cups by several feet
Originally posted by jimbagg:
"Gored and Crabified" - descriptive term for a Niner offense hitting on all cylinders.

Example: Houston fans filled Reliant Stadium, expecting a Texas-style BBQ of the Niners. Instead, the home boys were Gored and Crabified by San Francisco's balanced attack."

"Steamed Crabs" - descriptive term for a game where the WR consistently gets open, but the QB is unable to get him the ball.

Example: Based on the club's first half performance, I imagine that the half-time menu included a hearty helping of Steamed Crabs."

"Weeping Willis" - a descriptive term for an opposing offensive player, upon being hit by a Niner player, whereby said offensive player uncontrolably secreets snot and/or drool.

Example: Whoa, it looks like Slaton picked-up a Weeping Willis on that hit.

Great stuff!