LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Does Gore still get injured if he plays in the pre-season? Better game in Ari???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok all of you ex or current athletes can you answer this?

My thinking is that had he played in the pre-season, granted the fact that he went through a rigorous training camp, he would have came out stronger, more conditioned and his ankles may have been more accustomed to the strain of the game.

Do you think he still would have gotten injured? Would he have gotten injured earlier?

I think that if he played, he wouldn't have came out flat in Arizona... and would have been in better game condition.

I'm not saying he got hurt because he didn't play in the pre-season, just wondering if you guys think it would have made a difference one way or another
LT didnt play in a preseason game for like 4 or 5 years and this was when he was breaking records and winning mvps
I don't believe Gore was flat against Arizona. Zona was sending a run blitz on about every obvious running down and he had NOWHERE to run because our O-Line couldn't deal with the LB's and Dockett.

To answer your question though, I don't think Gore's injury had anything to do with limited pre-season action. He had two full games to get into football shape before he got dinged.
gores been injury prone for evar.
Originally posted by valrod33:
LT didnt play in a preseason game for like 4 or 5 years and this was when he was breaking records and winning mvps

You could also make the argument that other players that DID play in the pre-season have done the same.

This is more of a conditioning and durability question, as well a being ready for the 1st game of the season due to lack of game play in the pre-season..

**edit**

Kinda the same as when teams rest their starters when they've clenched the playoffs. Some teams come out flatter than other teams that have played the whole way through...
[ Edited by zozell on Oct 21, 2009 at 12:53 PM ]
Gore has been injury prone, mostly his ankle.

If you guys watched the MIN game against the Ravens, AP twisted his ankle and it looked pretty bad..he was only out for a couple of plays and came right back in. Gore would have been out for at least of couple of weeks if that was him
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I don't believe Gore was flat against Arizona. Zona was sending a run blitz on about every obvious running down and he had NOWHERE to run because our O-Line couldn't deal with the LB's and Dockett.

To answer your question though, I don't think Gore's injury had anything to do with limited pre-season action. He had two full games to get into football shape before he got dinged.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Arizona has the number 1 rush defense inteh NFL. Dockett has been a monster for them in the middle.

And I agree with your point about Gore's injury it has nothing to do with pre season
  • B650
  • Veteran
I thought Gore losing weight would make him less injury-prone, but I guess not. Dude is basically the NFC version of Fred Taylor now. We have to start planning for a RB to share some carries with him and maybe one day be the starter. And no, Glen Coffee isn't that guy.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
gores been injury prone for evar.

this
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Arizona has the number 1 rush defense inteh NFL. Dockett has been a monster for them in the middle.

And I agree with your point about Gore's injury it has nothing to do with pre season

To go along with their 31st ranked pass defense. The Giants are going to run all over them this weekend too.

i really hope we address he RB backup this offseason, i mean we could have signed cedrick benson this offseason for cheap yet we go with a rookie to back gore up, that never works and gore is always hurt every season now it seems, he just getting older i guess, but if we wanna be a power running team we going to need to have a legyt backup just as good or a little less than our starter.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i really hope we address he RB backup this offseason, i mean we could have signed cedrick benson this offseason for cheap yet we go with a rookie to back gore up, that never works and gore is always hurt every season now it seems, he just getting older i guess, but if we wanna be a power running team we going to need to have a legyt backup just as good or a little less than our starter.

Didnt you see we just signed Keyon Lattimore?
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Didnt you see we just signed Keyon Lattimore?

That's great. More latte to go with Coffee.

But I think what he's saying is that we need a real RB.
Share 49ersWebzone