There are 313 users in the forums

Whats up with Brandon Jones??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's over paid and overrated.

Sad thing is he was overpaid and overrated in Tennessee aswell.

Seriously what has the guy ever done to deserve a big contract?

Career Stats more

Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

2009 San Francisco 49ers 2 0 0 0 -- -- 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2008 Tennessee Titans 16 7 41 449 11.0 40 1 2 35 17.5 28 0 -- --
2007 Tennessee Titans 9 2 21 248 11.8 35T 2 2 37 18.5 19 0 1 0
2006 Tennessee Titans 16 10 27 384 14.2 53 4 1 3 3.0 3 0 -- --
2005 Tennessee Titans 10 8 23 299 13.0 38T 2 1 1 1.0 1 0 -- --
TOTAL 112 1,380 12.3 53 9 6 76 12.7 28 0 1 0

http://www.nfl.com/players/brandonjones/profile?id=JON102982

This is a guy whose biggest year is 449 yards and we paid millions and millions for him....

Then you have Jason Hill who had 317 yards last year the great majority of which came in the second half of the season. He didn't play much in the 1st half of the year. So project that out and you are looking at maybe 700 yards receiving for a season. You tell me how it makes any sense that we paid Brandon Jones all this money and Jason Hill never even sees the field?

Receiving
Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2009 San Francisco 49ers 2 0 0 -- 0.0 -- 0 0 0 0 0

2008 San Francisco 49ers 16 30 317 10.6 19.8 33 2 5 0 20 1

2007 San Francisco 49ers 5 1 6 6.0 1.2 6 0 0 0 0 0

TOTAL 23 31 323 10.4 14.0 33 2 5 0 20 1

http://www.nfl.com/players/jasonhill/careerstats?id=HIL389650

He's overpaid, thats whats up
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ptw1:
Isn't it a good thing for a player, after signing his big contract, wants to contribute? He has seen the struggles on offense and, since he's the second most accomplisged wr on the roster, thinks he can help.

It doesn't matter what WR's is out there if the QB can't get the ball to them

We all know you love Alex Smith, and we all know you don't remember him playing ever (or you'd know he f**king sucks). Do you feel the need to mention it in every thread?

Don't you think if Alex Smith was so great he'd be starting?

the thing that I don't understand about fans who want Alex to start, because of his "ability" to throw the deep ball with "accuracy" and "consistency".....is we haven't seen him play in 2 years....and he, for some reason, didn't connect on 1 or even attempt 1 deep pass in preseason.....you would think he would try to show off his arm..... where as Shaun and Nate both attempted deep passes.....

unfortunately for Shaun his deep pass in preseason came at a time Raye chose to have Robinson run a deep pattern ....as well as Battle....

but at least in the regular season Shaun has shown that he can hit the deep pass with passes to Bruce and one to Morgan..... the other ones didn't go so well...one to Delanie which he gave up on.....and another one to Bruce, who let his man get in front of him (but Bruce made a great play and swatted a potential INT down)

Even the biggest AS supporters aren't saying throw AS in now. I believe their point is Hill should have the same standard place on his as others on the team. AS still has potential. Coming from the offense he ran in college, his learning curve is wide. Throw in the way he was handle and injuries and of course he isn't where everyone would hope. But only a fool would come to a conclusion about his future based on his firsy 30 or starts.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Isn't it a good thing for a player, after signing his big contract, wants to contribute? He has seen the struggles on offense and, since he's the second most accomplisged wr on the roster, thinks he can help.

We all know you love Alex Smith, and we all know you don't remember him playing ever (or you'd know he f**king sucks). Do you feel the need to mention it in every thread?

the thing that I don't understand about fans who want Alex to start, because of his "ability" to throw the deep ball with "accuracy" and "consistency".....is we haven't seen him play in 2 years....and he, for some reason, didn't connect on 1 or even attempt 1 deep pass in preseason.....you would think he would try to show off his arm..... where as Shaun and Nate both attempted deep passes.....

unfortunately for Shaun his deep pass in preseason came at a time Raye chose to have Robinson run a deep pattern ....as well as Battle....

but at least in the regular season Shaun has shown that he can hit the deep pass with passes to Bruce and one to Morgan..... the other ones didn't go so well...one to Delanie which he gave up on.....and another one to Bruce, who let his man get in front of him (but Bruce made a great play and swatted a potential INT down)

Even the biggest AS supporters aren't saying throw AS in now. I believe their point is Hill should have the same standard place on his as others on the team. AS still has potential. Coming from the offense he ran in college, his learning curve is wide. Throw in the way he was handle and injuries and of course he isn't where everyone would hope. But only a fool would come to a conclusion about his future based on his firsy 30 or starts.

I have always agreed with the Bolded part....

like I have said before though is, I like our Oline to just play average before benching Hill, only because I feel he is the best QB in our depth chart that can win us close games (like how Sing likes to play).....and get us to the playoffs....

it doesn't mean that if Hill struggles most of the season because of the Oline, to still leave him there....but if we are out of the playoffs and our Oline is still struggling...then yes bring in the others to see what they can do behind the struggling Oline.
Originally posted by lamontb:
He's over paid and overrated.

Sad thing is he was overpaid and overrated in Tennessee aswell.

Seriously what has the guy ever done to deserve a big contract?

Career Stats more

Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

2009 San Francisco 49ers 2 0 0 0 -- -- 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2008 Tennessee Titans 16 7 41 449 11.0 40 1 2 35 17.5 28 0 -- --
2007 Tennessee Titans 9 2 21 248 11.8 35T 2 2 37 18.5 19 0 1 0
2006 Tennessee Titans 16 10 27 384 14.2 53 4 1 3 3.0 3 0 -- --
2005 Tennessee Titans 10 8 23 299 13.0 38T 2 1 1 1.0 1 0 -- --
TOTAL 112 1,380 12.3 53 9 6 76 12.7 28 0 1 0

http://www.nfl.com/players/brandonjones/profile?id=JON102982

This is a guy whose biggest year is 449 yards and we paid millions and millions for him....

Then you have Jason Hill who had 317 yards last year the great majority of which came in the second half of the season. He didn't play much in the 1st half of the year. So project that out and you are looking at maybe 700 yards receiving for a season. You tell me how it makes any sense that we paid Brandon Jones all this money and Jason Hill never even sees the field?

Receiving
Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2009 San Francisco 49ers 2 0 0 -- 0.0 -- 0 0 0 0 0

2008 San Francisco 49ers 16 30 317 10.6 19.8 33 2 5 0 20 1

2007 San Francisco 49ers 5 1 6 6.0 1.2 6 0 0 0 0 0

TOTAL 23 31 323 10.4 14.0 33 2 5 0 20 1

http://www.nfl.com/players/jasonhill/careerstats?id=HIL389650

Brandon Jones + Arnez Battle - Experience + FAT CASH!
He's terrible, that's whats up.

Did I mention any QB names? Not that I know of so stop swinging on Hill's nutsack and learn to read. It doesn't matter if Hill starts or if Alex starts or even it Nate Davis starts WE as in the team do not have a QB that can get the ball to the WR's. Maybe in your blind love for swinging on Hill's nutsack you forgot to actually pay attention to what is happening on the field.
Originally posted by znk916:

BJ was brought here because he is a speed receiver. He's the one who's supposed to streach the defense. The problem is that our qb doesn't have the arm to hit him if he breaks open downfield....so the defense doesn't have to honor his speed making him ineffective.
When Crabs gets an instant-starting nod over Jones, you know that Jones just sucks. -He should sit back and stop complaining, and just enjoy his money.
Originally posted by eastie:

BJ was brought here because he is a speed receiver. He's the one who's supposed to streach the defense. The problem is that our qb doesn't have the arm to hit him if he breaks open downfield....so the defense doesn't have to honor his speed making him ineffective.

He's terrible, stop trying to rationalize it.

• B650
  • Veteran
Well, I think what happened is that the offense already had a VD to begin with, but now with the addition of Crabs, the team can't afford any more BJs. It'll only make things worse.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Brandon Jones doesn't look like a burner on the field. I think we have other WRs who can stretch the field, but they're on the bench for unknown reasons.
Originally posted by B650:
Well, I think what happened is that the offense already had a VD to begin with, but now with the addition of Crabs, the team can't afford any more BJs. It'll only make things worse.

are you going to be here all week?
  • titan
  • Veteran
OVERATED! thinks he is good cause he got overpaid.
Share 49ersWebzone