LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 287 users in the forums

Whats up with Brandon Jones??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He is the 2nd best WR on the team. Get him ON the FIELD.
[ Edited by BMoore56 on Oct 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by BMoore56:
He is the 2nd best WR on the team. Get him ON the FIELD.

And you have come to this conlusion how?
Originally posted by Antix:
Our Offense pisses me off. We're not making anybody's playoffs the way things are going now.

Anybody's playoffs?

Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by jerryricefan80:
Yeah it's puzzling why you sign a guy for $16.5 million and then sit him at fourth, maybe 5th on the depth chart. I don't get it. But, it goes along with some other stuff going on with this franchise. I wonder if they tried to shop him around before the trade deadline?

cause we wanna be a power running team eventhough we don't have the horses to be a power running team. this offense would be better under martz with crabtree jones battle hill bruce morgan.. i mean we wanna be a power running team yet gore is always hurt every year and we got no legyt backup and our offensive line sucks... come on the niners should have just kept martz.
Yup, Barlow, er I mean Gore, is always hurt.

really? Frank Gore and Keven Barlow shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence. i guess gore should be the one blocking for himself and calling the ame play over and over again up the middle.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I kinda posed this question like around the draft time !.. I said at the time we should let Bruce stay at home because we have several young good WR's and a numbers game would prevent us from fully utilizing them.. Nice to see some of you FINALLY seeing it the way I have all along. We should let Bruce retire and let Scurlock walk next year, and we wont have this problem again..!!

I say let Bruce retire next season... or what ever he wants to do...but not here....

I say we still use him this year....I feel he can come up big for us this season if we are trying to get into the playoffs...I just feel Raye is using him wrong (f'n Streaks WTF???)

but next year, I'd like our starters to be....

Crabtree on one side.... Jason Hill on the other.....and Brandon Jones in the slot (unless he out plays Jason Hill)

I feel Morgan is expendable because he is like a poor man's Crabtree... they have almost the same build....but Crabtree seems more like a playmaker....so if we can trade him...good, he could be a good #2 for another team.....if not fine...

Jason Hill is a different type of WR and I believe he would complement Crabtree and this offense with his Speed, route, and catching ability.

I also say we try Spurlock on some KRs this year and if he plays well, keep him for next season....I liked what he did in the preseason....I believe he had 2 passes thrown to him and did a nice job catching them....(I also believe one was a Bullet from Nate)..... I also like his build..... he looks like he can break tackles...short stocky...kinda like Steve Smith but alittle taller.

Here we go again with the Jason Hill love affair. What has he shown that get's you all hot and bothered over him.

Preachin' to the choir, brother. Hill is a guy who was nearly cut during training camp, and still warrants zero attention. He ran a 4.32 forty at the combine, and runs like a 4.60 guy on the football field.

The bottom line is that he will be lucky to be on the team next year. The Niners will probably have their Crabtree, Morgan, Jones trio leading the pack, a rookie or vet punt returner as the fourth WR, and somebody versatile to play the Wildcat like Spurlock as the fifth.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I kinda posed this question like around the draft time !.. I said at the time we should let Bruce stay at home because we have several young good WR's and a numbers game would prevent us from fully utilizing them.. Nice to see some of you FINALLY seeing it the way I have all along. We should let Bruce retire and let Scurlock walk next year, and we wont have this problem again..!!

I say let Bruce retire next season... or what ever he wants to do...but not here....

I say we still use him this year....I feel he can come up big for us this season if we are trying to get into the playoffs...I just feel Raye is using him wrong (f'n Streaks WTF???)

Crabtree on one side.... Jason Hill on the other.....and Brandon Jones in the slot (unless he out plays Jason Hill)

I feel Morgan is expendable because he is like a poor man's Crabtree... they have almost the same build....but Crabtree seems more like a playmaker....so if we can trade him...good, he could be a good #2 for another team.....if not fine...

Jason Hill is a different type of WR and I believe he would complement Crabtree and this offense with his Speed, route, and catching ability.

I also say we try Spurlock on some KRs this year and if he plays well, keep him for next season....I liked what he did in the preseason....I believe he had 2 passes thrown to him and did a nice job catching them....(I also believe one was a Bullet from Nate)..... I also like his build..... he looks like he can break tackles...short stocky...kinda like Steve Smith but alittle taller.

Here we go again with the Jason Hill love affair. What has he shown that get's you all hot and bothered over him.

Preachin' to the choir, brother. Hill is a guy who was nearly cut during training camp, and still warrants zero attention. He ran a 4.32 forty at the combine, and runs like a 4.60 guy on the football field.

The bottom line is that he will be lucky to be on the team next year. The Niners will probably have their Crabtree, Morgan, Jones trio leading the pack, a rookie or vet punt returner as the fourth WR, and somebody versatile to play the Wildcat like Spurlock as the fifth.

I think the reason people are high on JHill is because he was a big part of our little run at the end of last season, and was just as productive as Josh Morgan over that time. His not playing doesn't really make a lot of sense considering that.
Originally posted by crzy:
What are the salary cap implications if (when) we cut Jones?

Thank god for non-guaranteed contracts.

As far as the salary implications, we'd be on hook for $1.08M every year for the next 5 years.

Why in the world would you ever want to cut him? LOL

We're most likely going to be down two WRs come next year and he'll get his chance then.

-9fA
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Well Issac Bruce or Arnez Battle are odd man out sooner or later....so Jones will just have to wait. His time will come.
You wanna know what's funny?

When Jason Hill is complaining about playing time, it was because the 'coaches don't like him'.

When Brandon Jones is complaining about playing time, he's pouting.

-9fA
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I think the reason people are high on JHill is because he was a big part of our little run at the end of last season, and was just as productive as Josh Morgan over that time. His not playing doesn't really make a lot of sense considering that.

exactly. and the guys in front of him on the depth chart havent exactly excelled either. bruce is completely useless at this point in his career. every receiver on the team is better than bruce. Jason Hill was very sure handed and played great last year but is in the dog house for some reason. our O-Line and QB arent the best but our WR's should still have more production.

Crabtree/Morgan/Jones our top 3 wideouts next year. Sure Jones doesn't like the situation he is in, but what kind of player would he be if he was?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
You wanna know what's funny?

When Jason Hill is complaining about playing time, it was because the 'coaches don't like him'.

When Brandon Jones is complaining about playing time, he's pouting.

-9fA

Get Bruce out of there and let's see what Jones can do, Bruce hasn't produced very much so far so it is a waste to have him on the field when BJones could possibly have a breakout season.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
exactly. and the guys in front of him on the depth chart havent exactly excelled either. bruce is completely useless at this point in his career. every receiver on the team is better than bruce. Jason Hill was very sure handed and played great last year but is in the dog house for some reason. our O-Line and QB arent the best but our WR's should still have more production.

He's not in anybody's dog house.

Not only did he miss time in camp, but the time that he was there, both Singletary and both Matt's reported to how he seemed to have been lost in the shuffle.

There's a good reason why he isn't seeing the field, and right now i'll give the benefit of the doubt to the coaches.

-9fA
After reading Matt's article, he seems irritated. I would be too if I got paid that much and expected to have a bigger role.
A Scotty F-up? Are you guys serious?

Scotty signed him because we didn't know our WR situation back in January and now this? If Bruce didn't come back and we didn't pick Crabtree, he would be heralded as a savvy GM.

He did his job and made sure we had a WR. Then, fate gave him Bruce and Crabtree. I think Jones will get his chance, but attitude goes a long way on this team. His remarks will only place him Singletary's dog house especially after he essentially calls out his coaches by saying he would play himself to the media no less.

STHU Jones and do your job! If that is ST for now, then it is ST for now. Frickin' cry baby...who's the prima donna?

On the flip side, you can't say enough about Josh's character.

Look forward to Crabtree and Morgan as our future starting WRs! Nice young tandem.
[ Edited by ninertico on Oct 21, 2009 at 3:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone