There are 101 users in the forums

Whats up with Brandon Jones??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's over paid and overrated.

Sad thing is he was overpaid and overrated in Tennessee aswell.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I kinda posed this question like around the draft time !.. I said at the time we should let Bruce stay at home because we have several young good WR's and a numbers game would prevent us from fully utilizing them.. Nice to see some of you FINALLY seeing it the way I have all along. We should let Bruce retire and let Scurlock walk next year, and we wont have this problem again..!!

I say let Bruce retire next season... or what ever he wants to do...but not here....

I say we still use him this year....I feel he can come up big for us this season if we are trying to get into the playoffs...I just feel Raye is using him wrong (f'n Streaks WTF???)

but next year, I'd like our starters to be....

Crabtree on one side.... Jason Hill on the other.....and Brandon Jones in the slot (unless he out plays Jason Hill)

I feel Morgan is expendable because he is like a poor man's Crabtree... they have almost the same build....but Crabtree seems more like a playmaker....so if we can trade him...good, he could be a good #2 for another team.....if not fine...

Jason Hill is a different type of WR and I believe he would complement Crabtree and this offense with his Speed, route, and catching ability.

I also say we try Spurlock on some KRs this year and if he plays well, keep him for next season....I liked what he did in the preseason....I believe he had 2 passes thrown to him and did a nice job catching them....(I also believe one was a Bullet from Nate)..... I also like his build..... he looks like he can break tackles...short stocky...kinda like Steve Smith but alittle taller.

Here we go again with the Jason Hill love affair. What has he shown that get's you all hot and bothered over him.
What's up with Brandon Jones? Um... he isn't very good?!?
How about he's a deep threat, but we don't throw deep?!?
Or...........he's stuck in the log jam we have at WR. Not to mention the team is carrying 7 WRs, but only use 3 WRs at any given time.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Or...........he's stuck in the log jam we have at WR. Not to mention the team is carrying 7 WRs, but only use 3 WRs at any given time.

more like we use 2 WR's 98% of the time
how bout Bjones as a KR!?
Originally posted by verb1der:

why would we do that when we could use Walker and MRob in the return game
Originally posted by backontop:

I dont know...maybe because he's faster and could possibly take one to the house?

I'm just saying, Walker and MRob aren't really that threating in the return game.

I dont know...maybe because he's faster and could possibly take one to the house?

I'm just saying, Walker and MRob aren't really that threating in the return game.

I guess I fail at sarcasm

Wait a minute, I sense sarcasm lol

I guess I fail at sarcasm

LOL i knew it......I just dont see why they dont use him somehow, atleast at KR...

And if we do go 3 wide, there's a good chance the 3rd will be Battle's slow ass
Can the niners get a refund on Jones
Jones is not happy with his current role

Quote:
Asked today what his role will be going forward, receiver Brandon Jones said, "To be honest, I don't know myself. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I thought I was a receiver, but I guess I'm a special teams helper. I don't know. I just do what I can and just help out the team the best way I can. But at this time, I'm wondering the same thing you are."

And if we do go 3 wide, there's a good chance the 3rd will be Battle's slow ass

I don't understand why so many people hate Battle. What has he done to make so many fans dislike him? He has been nothing but dependable and a reliable WR for this team year in and year out.
Originally posted by sixbricks:
Can the niners get a refund on Jones

niners should have kept mike martz with all these good recievers they have now. we would be picking teams apart.
Share 49ersWebzone