LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 355 users in the forums

Whats up with Brandon Jones??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ToddShaw:
We should try and throw some 4 WR sets out there once in a while to shake thing up. Just a thought.

on Madden, Vernon is my 4th WR on my Depth Chart....

so if we did run this....I'd like to see Vernon lined up in the slot.
He's over paid and overrated.
Originally posted by crzy:
Waste of money. We should have just kept Bryant Johnson for less money.

Before we make a judgement like that perhaps we should throw him the ball a few times?
i have been asking about Jones for the whole season.

But next year will look like

1) Crabtree Jones Spurlock/Zeigler

2) Morgan Hill Battle
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Who's Brandon Jones? Is he reciever?

His beasts is good at running. With speed and fasts quick like a lightining charger! Like missles with balls in his hands!

But Crabtree beastly more times even Willis. Crabtree wild coconut crab with beast claw faster speed cheetah. Beast.

Shaun beastly heart and smarts, but spiral like duck maybe? Jimmy Raye and offensive line constipated like blowfish. Offense need stun gun up anus for next game so can play like beastly beasts!!!! Go Niners! That being said, I'd like to see Crabtree, Jones, and Morgan/Hill
[ Edited by Tombo on Oct 21, 2009 at 12:43 AM ]
I wonder what's more useless, TE in a Martz offense or a deep threat with Shaun Hill at QB?

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Oct 21, 2009 at 12:33 AM ]
Who knows why he isn't starting.. Maybe he's still not 100% from the injury..Or maybe its sorry ass players like Battle and Spurlock who are still ahead of him on the depth chart. Who knows? However the good thing is we got the bye this week so maybe he sees more snaps this Sunday.

As far as Bruce goes, why not let him finish the season as a starter?? He was our best receiver last year and he was what, 36? We all know he's not the problem. Anyway, I see no harm in letting him finish out the year; everyone knows this is his last year so I don't see any good in benching him at this point.. That would be a huge blow to a hof player like that..
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I wonder what's more useless, TE in a Martz offense or a deep threat with Shaun Hill at QB?

-9fA

davis had more catches last year than all of our WR's combined up till almost the mid point of the season this year.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kirkfiege:
I'm thinking this is Hill's last chance to do it. You guys ever notice how Chicago didn't have receivers until Jay Cutler showed up?
The Minnesota receivers were subpar until Brett Favre stumbled in.
It can go both ways but usually not as much to the receivers holding the quarterback back side. The quarterback can make a big difference.
Bruce and Brandon Jones didn't suddenly forget how to play receiver.
Defenses are able to prepare for Shaun Hill more, plus our offensive game planning has been built around a run game that hasn't been all that functional. We're getting crowded boxes and run blitzes and a qb has to be able to beat those blitzes.

I don't know how Alex would fare given the o-line and play-calling, but it would be tough to expect much worse, and I think that Hill doesn't have much leash length left if he continues to struggle.
Exactly. Isaac Bruce is a first ballot Hall of Famer with one of the most reliable set of hands in the history of the NFL, they didnt just magically turn to stone.
Can we officially stop talking about Jason Hill? Why even begin? He's now 6th or 7th on the depth chart, barely hung on at the last second of training camp to claim a roster spot, and people think he is going to contribute in the passing game.

Jason Hill is done. So, why are people even bringing him up in the WR conversation?
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 21, 2009 at 3:48 AM ]

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Can we officially stop talking about Jason Hill? Why even begin? He's now 6th or 7th on the depth chart, barely hung on at the last second of training camp to claim a roster spot, and people think he is going to contribute in the passing game.

Jason Hill is done. So, why are people even bringing him up in the WR conversation?

Because that's how sad our production is at WR.

Well at least until Crabs and Morgan establish themselves over the next few years, hopefully.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by crzy:
Waste of money. We should have just kept Bryant Johnson for less money.

Before we make a judgement like that perhaps we should throw him the ball a few times?

F that

I like judging players based on nothing
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Ok...good you saw him in the game ... I personally feel we should bench Bruce lol ...
It's odvious we have too many WR's. Why didn't we try to trade a couple before the trade deadline? If next years draft is going to be talent heavy why not try to get as many draft picks as possible? We might have gottin a couple of picks from Baltimore and/or Cleveland, just to name a couple.
no one wants our s**tty receivers.
Share 49ersWebzone