There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Whats up with Brandon Jones??

Originally posted by NinerGM:

NOT ONE PICK FROM THE 2008 draft. Let's just think about that for a moment so it sinks in and you not change the subject....

Not having a starter from an ENTIRE draft is called a BUST draft.

Your point is just flat out WRONG.

2008 draft:
Kentwan Balmer
Chilo Rachal
Reggie Smith
Cody Wallace
Josh Morgan
Larry Grant

Rachal has started 11 games and Morgan has started 6 games. Maybe you forgot, i dunno but lets just say that was an honest mistake or another example of hyperbole

Should Balmer be starting by now? Yeah i think he should. Because he isn't, am i gonna call him a flat out bust? No. It is generally agreed around the league that linemen tend not to make significant impact in their rookie year because of the steep learning curve. Manusky alluded to this himself.

I dunno how much stock you can put into expecting to draft starters in the mid-late rounds. Especially if you're going to look back after 1 year. May they be starters somewhere down the road? Possibly yes, possibly no. For example, Wallace is the backup center, are we going to find a center in the draft who is going to unseat Heitmann? Very unlikely. Is depth necessary at the position? I would say yes.

You either have got to have a sad team or the world's best scouting department if you want to find consistent starters on offense and defense in the latter rounds.

Point being, it may be too early to judge the 2008 draft.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Oct 22, 2009 at 7:42 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

NOT ONE PICK FROM THE 2008 draft. Let's just think about that for a moment so it sinks in and you not change the subject....

2008 draft:
Kentwan Balmer
Chilo Rachal
Reggie Smith
Cody Wallace
Josh Morgan
Larry Grant

Rachal has started 11 games and Morgan has started 6 games. Maybe you forgot, i dunno but lets just say that was an honest mistake or another example of hyperbole

Should Balmer be starting by now? Yeah i think he should. Because he isn't, am i gonna call him a flat out bust? No. It is generally agreed around the league that linemen tend not to make significant impact in their rookie year because of the steep learning curve. Manusky alluded to this himself.

I dunno how much stock you can put into expecting to draft starters in the mid-late rounds. Especially if you're going to look back after 1 year. May they be starters somewhere down the road? Possibly yes, possibly no. For example, Wallace is the backup center, are we going to find a center in the draft who is going to unseat Heitmann? Very unlikely. Is depth necessary at the position? I would say yes.

You either have got to have a sad team or the world's best scouting department if you want to find consistent starters on offense and defense in the latter rounds.

-9fA

STARTED

PAST TENSE.

AND BENCHED.

and let's catch my quote in its entirety.

Not one of those players are STARTERS. As in currently starting? LOL.
[ Edited by NinerGM on Oct 22, 2009 at 8:06 PM ]
STARTED

PAST TENSE.

AND BENCHED.

Come on, you've got to have more than that to fall back on.

By the way, i answered another question on the previous page. Cause you know, i don't like to talk football.

-9fA
STARTED

PAST TENSE.

AND BENCHED.

Come on, you've got to have more than that to fall back on.

By the way, i answered another question on the previous page. Cause you know, i don't like to talk football.

-9fA
Oh you mean your opinion?

Here are the statistics so far.....

Brandon Jones: ZERO catches, ZERO TDs, ZERO yards
Marvel Smith: ZERO starts
Pass-rusher: NO RELIABLE PASS-RUSHER ON THE TEAM
Chilo Rachal: BENCHED for poor play. NOT STARTING
[ Edited by NinerGM on Oct 22, 2009 at 8:54 PM ]
This, still....

You guys could PM each other to continue this retarded argument.
...and things can't change?

I don't mean to minimize what is being said, but the fact is that in this team your actions and not your mouth speak louder than words. There have been some unforseen circumstances for Jones including his injury.

The fact is that Crabtree has impressed with his ability on the practice field that warrants his move up the ranks in such a quick time. Again as I have said, talent is as talent does. Some kids have "it". Maybe he does. We shall see. When we witness the game unfold on Sunday, you can be assured that Crabtee will have a greater chance of success than Jones.

That is why Jones is peed. Dude knows. He doesn't like the fact that a rookie just kicked his azz to # four. Next year he becomes our #3. If he can't frickin' get that then he deserves to be shown the door. This will become Crabtree's and Morgan's, period. Therefore if Jones doesn't have the vision to see the writing on the wall, then trade his azz!

Enough is enough with the "Me" tude. That is why I love Singletary. Total team mentality. Whether most believe or not, he really has our team's success in mind in everything he does as our HC. Most just play it off, but he's a champion already so he knows first hand how to get there.

That is why the coaches made the choice to get Crabtree in the mix as quickly as possible. I see the logic in it after all...get your best players on the field. Hmmmmm... 5 million guaranteed VS what, 15-20 million (I really don't remember and too tired to click Google)...Crabtree wins in terms of money invested on the field.

Talent is as talent does!

[ Edited by ninertico on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:17 PM ]

Crabtree: (thinking in his head).......run.....plant.....now cut

Jones: (thinking in the background).......WTF?
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I have a feeling raye is going to open up the play book and we're going to get our passing game going.....this is why I think they're starting crabtree. I heard somewhere that raye and his system always did better after the fifth game of the year.

I've been wondering (and hoping) there was SOME method to this vanilla madness.

With our less-than-explosive offense Raye and Singletary seem to believe it's best to keep what few cards we have close to the vest and only show a new wrinkle when the game is on the line. (i.e. Hill's unexpected passing frenzy to take the lead in Minnesota).

It was a successful formula...until the Atlanta game.

Hopefully you are correct and Raye starts opening things up.
plain and simple: Jones was signed before Bruce decided to return and Crabtree was drafted.

He was injured in preseason after looking like he'd be a solid #2 at worst.... now is completely lost in a mix of WR's that we don't use anyways!!

Originally posted by loyal9er:
plain and simple: Jones was signed before Bruce decided to return and Crabtree was drafted.

He was injured in preseason after looking like he'd be a solid #2 at worst.... now is completely lost in a mix of WR's that we don't use anyways!!

Yeah, that's it in a nutshell. Jones should realize that and put more effort in climbing up the depth chart than running his mouth to the media. He has the tools; he can do it. Then again, he is a WR and I guess most of them just can't help it.

2008 draft:
Kentwan Balmer
Chilo Rachal
Reggie Smith
Cody Wallace
Josh Morgan
Larry Grant

-9fA

The 2008 draft is looking C- no matter how much people defend it.