Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by NinerGM:

NOT ONE PICK FROM THE 2008 draft. Let's just think about that for a moment so it sinks in and you not change the subject....

Not having a starter from an ENTIRE draft is called a BUST draft.

Your point is just flat out WRONG.

2008 draft:
Kentwan Balmer
Chilo Rachal
Reggie Smith
Cody Wallace
Josh Morgan
Larry Grant

Rachal has started 11 games and Morgan has started 6 games. Maybe you forgot, i dunno but lets just say that was an honest mistake or another example of hyperbole

Should Balmer be starting by now? Yeah i think he should. Because he isn't, am i gonna call him a flat out bust? No. It is generally agreed around the league that linemen tend not to make significant impact in their rookie year because of the steep learning curve. Manusky alluded to this himself.

I dunno how much stock you can put into expecting to draft starters in the mid-late rounds. Especially if you're going to look back after 1 year. May they be starters somewhere down the road? Possibly yes, possibly no. For example, Wallace is the backup center, are we going to find a center in the draft who is going to unseat Heitmann? Very unlikely. Is depth necessary at the position? I would say yes.

You either have got to have a sad team or the world's best scouting department if you want to find consistent starters on offense and defense in the latter rounds.

Point being, it may be too early to judge the 2008 draft.

-9fA

The 2008 draft is looking C- no matter how much people defend it.