LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

How many of u think nate davis should start next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many of u think nate davis should start next year?

• B650
  • Veteran
He should get a chance to start, but we should draft or trade for another QB as well.
No. Let him learn another year, then he'll be ready.
Originally posted by B650:
He should get a chance to start, but we should draft or trade for another QB as well.
I don't have any idea. How can anyone know how he's progressing?

I wouldn't mind if he sat on the bench another year and continued to learn. At the same time, if we don't draft a QB or bring anyone in, he deserves a chance to start in an open competition.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Start? He needs to get some garbage time reps first. I think he should have seen the field against Atlanta, but he didn't.
Choice A & C please.
I have this wierd feeling he will start this year at some time I don't think Sing is sold on Hill or Smith.
I really need to see him before I can answer this question properly. I do feel that we should get a look at him sooner than later. There's no reason we couldn't have already seen him twice this year. The next blow-out game should be the time.

If we never get him in and next years draft arrives and we draft another QB, without seeing what we've already got, then we're wasting picks over again.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
If and when he is ever ready sure, who is to say he will be ready next year if ever?

Maybe I should start next year.

Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
I have this wierd feeling he will start this year at some time I don't think Sing is sold on Hill or Smith.

Hes retarded if he is sold. If our season some how falls apart there is not reason no to through in Davis. But we are in the NFC West so we'll probably be in the hunt for the rest of the season.
Originally posted by B650:

X5461874
I really hope he gets the chance to start next year. He can utilize all the weapons on the team & stretch the field. It would help the O-line to to relieve some of the pressure off of them when you have to defend the whole field.
I think it should be Hill, because these fans don't deserve anyone better.
Share 49ersWebzone