There are 228 users in the forums

How many of u think nate davis should start next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many of u think nate davis should start next year?

Originally posted by Axl49:
we need to see smith before davis i think.

I for one, don't want to relieve the 07 season.
Hard to say. If he's ready to play and proves to be the best QB on our team, then of course. Too early to say for sure though.

I would, however, like to see him in the conversation for the job over the offseason, maybe even compete for it. But I have a feeling he wouldn't win that competition just yet.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Does anyone here honestly wanna try to claim that they have seen enough of Davis for this topic to even be broached? Not one person posting here knows, anyone that claims they do is full of bull.

LOL this is similar to all those people who wanted to start Dorsey and Pickett.

-9fA
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SJniner7:
As much as I want to say yes, we really have to figure out what we have with QB#1 and QB#2 first....

I don't understand why "we" don't know what we have. In Hill or Smith there maybe enough to limp into the play-offs as long as the division is on the weak side. You are not going far with either of those two. Davis is the unknown, and the sooner you find out about him the better, preferably before the next draft. The only way to do that is against 1st team NFL defenses. Giving him time without risking anything if he struggles is late in blow out games. If we are getting blow out the opponent will likely have back-ups in on defense, if we are doing the thumping the opponent will likely keep first teamers in late into the game, to avoid major embarrassment. So considering the best chances of us blowing someone out would be against the Titans, Lions, or Rams. I would like to see Davis get some time in those games. If Davis doesn't see the field this year other than to hand off and kneel down, I am seriously going to doubt the competence of our coaching staff.
If they don't make an effort to see what they have in this young man, they have either already made up their mind to draft a QB in 2010 or are not as alarmed about the QB situation as most of us are. I sure would like to be a fly on the wall in meetings when the QBs are discussed.
Way to early to tell... otherwise- i am sticking by Hill for now.
I'd love to see him play in a regular season game. With his strong arm and poise, I think it's just a matter of time before he starts. That said, I fully expect that Hill will start next year, barring injury.

By next year, Davis should leap Alex on the depth chart. Smith just lacks the accuracy and has poor pocket awareness. I like the guy, but I have very little confidence in his ability.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
I think it should be Hill, because these fans don't deserve anyone better.

The guy does have great arm, from what i saw in pre-season, but only if Hill totally falters he should be thrown into the mix of competing for the job. He's getting a valuable lesson in learning on the job and watchin' for now.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Does anyone here honestly wanna try to claim that they have seen enough of Davis for this topic to even be broached? Not one person posting here knows, anyone that claims they do is full of bull.

-9fA

That's not fair. Only one person wanted us to start Dorsey

-9fA

someone wanted to start Dorsey

Originally posted by backontop:

-9fA

someone wanted to start Dorsey

Watch yourself! You have been warned. This person is a man of power now
I voted draft another, but I would be grooming Nate to start, I think Smith and Hill are basically placeholders at best, more than likely trash is a better why to define them. I like Nate but it would be foolish to pass up QB talent in the draft!
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Why would he start next year? We have a good QB. Hill can hold the fort for Nate/Colt/ or Sam till one of those three are ready.

Crap with Hill holding things down ,Remember the Alamo

• 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by Axl49:
we need to see smith before davis i think.

I for one, don't want to relieve the 07 season.

I don't think Smith played much in 2007 ,3 games? at this point I've seen enough of "Hidden Arm Strength, Crouching To Avoid Sack"
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think he should have every opportunity to compete for the starting position. Singletary didn't want to throw him to the wolves like he saw happen to Alex. With a year to learn the offense, he should be in prime condition to compete for the starting job. He looks to have the right size, arm strength, mobility and confidence for the job.

I was equally impressed with the little bit we saw of him. Let him compete and draft another QB in the middle of the draft. Let's finally improve our O-Line and pass rush with the first couple of rds.
Share 49ersWebzone