LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 108 users in the forums

Shaun Hill has never beaten a legit team ever and i will prove it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's easy to look at Shaun Hills stats, his tendency to avoid turnovers and his 4th quarter heroics and think that he can bring about success for this team, but last week I came to the conclusion that when up against a legitimate team, Shaun Hill cannot lead this team to victory. Lets take a look at Shaun Hills victories and losses shall we.

L at Arizona Cardinals/legit 24-29.......2 interceptions, 1 fumble
W St. Louis Rams 35-16..........expected
L at Dallas Cowboys/legit 22-35......... 1 interception, 2 fumbles
W at Buffalo Bills 10-3.......average team
W New York Jets 24-14.........average team
L at Miami Dolphins/legit 9-14..........0 td's, 77.5 QB rating
W at St. Louis Rams 17-16..........expected
W Washington Redskins 27-24.......average team

W at Cardinals....misleading stats, 89.3 rating but the cardinals played terrible
W Seahawks..0 td's, hasselbeck leaves in 1st quarter, expected but lucky win
L Vikings/legit....0/11 on third down, 1 interception, 1 fumble
W Rams.............expected
L Falcons/legit.......... 45.7 qb rating, 1 interception

There you have it folks, the stats don't lie, Shaun Hill has failed to beat 1 legit team in his time as a starter for the 49ers. Now the haters will probably say that Alex Smith has failed to beat 1 legit team but in all fairness, do we really have to compare the talent on this team to 06 and 07, well really 06 seeing as smith destroyed his shoulder 3 games into 07. Alex Smith was the number 1 pick of this organization and he needs to be under center, Shaun Hill is not an elite QB and i don't want some caretaker QB under center, were the 49ers dammit, anyways you make up your own minds. See ya
Didn't Shaun throw 3 interceptions in a row against St. Louis last year?
Originally posted by 49erfan27:
It's easy to look at Shaun Hills stats, his tendency to avoid turnovers and his 4th quarter heroics and think that he can bring about success for this team, but last week I came to the conclusion that when up against a legitimate team, Shaun Hill cannot lead this team to victory. Lets take a look at Shaun Hills victories and losses shall we.

W at Cardinals....misleading stats, 89.3 rating but the cardinals played terrible

There you have it folks, the stats don't lie, Shaun Hill has failed to beat 1 legit team in his time as a starter for the 49ers. Now the haters will probably say that Alex Smith has failed to beat 1 legit team but in all fairness, do we really have to compare the talent on this team to 06 and 07, well really 06 seeing as smith destroyed his shoulder 3 games into 07. Alex Smith was the number 1 pick of this organization and he needs to be under center, Shaun Hill is not an elite QB and i don't want some caretaker QB under center, were the 49ers dammit, anyways you make up your own minds. See ya

Cards are legit team.. 2008 NFC champs
  • B650
  • Veteran
The Jets were pretty legit last year, but I get your point.
Originally posted by 49erfan27:

I would argue that S.Hill hasn't beaten a superbowl calibar team but has beaten playoff type team's or good teams. The Jets, Bills,Skins last year weren't bad. The Cardinals went to the superbowl last year and almost won it and somehow they are not a legit team?
Shaun Hill = garbage. Always has been and always will be. He beat up on a couple of weak teams late last year and so did the 49ers. But the soft schedule was responsible for that as much as anything. We all know we can't go anywhere with him.

The more he plays the more he will be exposed as a FRAUD IMO. When you can't throw over 7 yards you aren't a real good NFL QB.

Alex has a better arm and more athleticism and this 09 team is slightly better than anything Alex has played with prior. I wouldn't mind putting him in to see what he can do. The problem is the O Line which is just as bad as the O Line's he played with in the past.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 20, 2009 at 5:14 PM ]
No, Hill isn't an elite QB, but I honestly don't think Alex Smith is the answer. The answer is probably in next year's draft if the proper value can be had with the picks that the 9ers have.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Let's just bench all our QBs, have Crabtree play QB, and have him pass the ball to himself.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 20, 2009 at 5:18 PM ]

This thread is so f**king stupid. That's all there really is to say about it.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
No, Hill isn't an elite QB, but I honestly don't think Alex Smith is the answer. The answer is probably in next year's draft if the proper value can be had with the picks that the 9ers have.

I agree. Also, if it's upto some of the fans, they would put Alex in against the Texans, and get his shoulder dislocated again. That would be a multi-million dollar loss!
Thankfully, Singletary feels otherwise.
But I thought Singletary said Shaun Hill is Winner!
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Oct 20, 2009 at 5:23 PM ]
Zona is 5 games removed from the SB, and tied for 1st place! How are they not legit?
Originally posted by Leathaface:
This thread is so f**king stupid. That's all there really is to say about it.

All of these Hill vs. Smith threads are stupid. No s**t that Hill is a duck throwing stop gap QB that is just a temp and Alex is a waste of talent, over throwing do nothing. They both suck, end of story.
Share 49ersWebzone