LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Are you disappointed the Niners made no moves before the trade deadline

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you disappointed the Niners made no moves before the trade deadline

I'm sure the 9ers knew what was out there and didn't want to buy. If a good OL or S were available I believe the club would have looked at it. I'm glad that we kept the 2 1st rounders next year, going to be a great draft and I would hate to see one of those picks to get traded.
Yeah, I am... I thought they should have tradded for Brady or Manning.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
No. Trading in the NFL is not common, so it's not like we were expecting any deals to be made.
  • B650
  • Veteran
It is kind of scary though knowing that Mark Roman is going to be getting playing time, with no help in sight...unless they trust Reggie Smith.
No not at all. What move would you make?

We can't fix this team until the offseason.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by B650:
this thread is trippy....most of the responses are answering "How come the NFL does not have trades like the MLB or NBA?

But that wasn't the question. Yes, we all know the NFL does not have a lot of trades, especially in the few weeks before the deadline. But yet, NFL teams still do execute trades in this period.....SEE Jets and Browns. The question was....Are you disappointed the Niners were not one of the few teams trading???

To me the answer is an obvious yes. You are either a team on the rise looking for instant starter upgrade...or a team with an eye on the future and rebuilding. So once again, the Niners not being in a trade situation in October, tells me this team STILL is neither a team rising nor rebuilding. Just stuck on a stupid 7 to 9 win goal and hope to sneak in on through a pathetic division.

Really, is that what you gathered out of it? Because that means there are about 30 other NFL teams who are in the same boat as us, who don't want to win in the future.

It could just be that there wasn't a deal out there worth making.

sorry, you are right. I should have been more specific. I am more disappointed because for yet another season of being in the same boat.....not just this one trading period. Its a pattern with the post Eddie D regime....no balls and a franchise on the slow boat to nowhere. So yeah, since we are a pathetic franchise now with a tradition of losing...f**k it, why not take the fast boat to failure for a change?

LMFAO! Same Oline problems and lack of a solid/great pass rusher since forever. The Niners have consistantly been in the top 5 for giving up sacks on offense and the bottom 5 for not getting them on defense. Drafts, free agency and trade deadlines come and go but the song remains the same. I love my Niners but I have lost my faith in Scot to fix what everyone can see is broken.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No not at all. What move would you make?

We can't fix this team until the offseason.

And even then McClueless will ignore the obvious problems.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by B650:
this thread is trippy....most of the responses are answering "How come the NFL does not have trades like the MLB or NBA?

But that wasn't the question. Yes, we all know the NFL does not have a lot of trades, especially in the few weeks before the deadline. But yet, NFL teams still do execute trades in this period.....SEE Jets and Browns. The question was....Are you disappointed the Niners were not one of the few teams trading???

To me the answer is an obvious yes. You are either a team on the rise looking for instant starter upgrade...or a team with an eye on the future and rebuilding. So once again, the Niners not being in a trade situation in October, tells me this team STILL is neither a team rising nor rebuilding. Just stuck on a stupid 7 to 9 win goal and hope to sneak in on through a pathetic division.

Really, is that what you gathered out of it? Because that means there are about 30 other NFL teams who are in the same boat as us, who don't want to win in the future.

It could just be that there wasn't a deal out there worth making.

sorry, you are right. I should have been more specific. I am more disappointed because for yet another season of being in the same boat.....not just this one trading period. Its a pattern with the post Eddie D regime....no balls and a franchise on the slow boat to nowhere. So yeah, since we are a pathetic franchise now with a tradition of losing...f**k it, why not take the fast boat to failure for a change?

LMFAO! Same Oline problems and lack of a solid/great pass rusher since forever. The Niners have consistantly been in the top 5 for giving up sacks on offense and the bottom 5 for not getting them on defense. Drafts, free agency and trade deadlines come and go but the song remains the same. I love my Niners but I have lost my faith in Scot to fix what everyone can see is broken.

Scot sucks. He's so overrated on the WZ. We still don't have an O Line, pass rush or QB. That's the basics of a good team.
disappointed we didn't get merriman, assuming he was available for a relative bargain. Manusky did work in SD before, so I assume that there would be some familarity for an easier transition.
Originally posted by dhp318:
disappointed we didn't get merriman, assuming he was available for a relative bargain. Manusky did work in SD before, so I assume that there would be some familarity for an easier transition.

a guy like Merriman is going to cost at least a 2nd round pick and could end up being a rental because he's a FA next year. SM is not the same player he was after the injury anyway.

Do players have any say who they are traded to? I still think we build through draft because a lot of top notch talent don't want to play at the stick now days.
its not like everyone was making deals so i say no because it looked like no one seemed to be on the trade block
I was really hoping for Merriman or Parrish, Damn!
Not really...the only trade of note was the Eagles getting Rams' LB Witherspoon for a 5th rd rookie WR Gibson and a 5th rd pick. Very little activity this year. MM says our front office was talking to another team about someone, but didn't know who.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
This isn't baseball...

We could have used Brady Quinn for Alex Smith.

Share 49ersWebzone