There are 278 users in the forums

Pashos wins starting tackle job

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Regarding Pashos, take note that he was replaced as the starting RT in Jacksonville by rookie Eben Britten. Also note that Jacksonville is also going with a another rookie, Eugene Monroe, at LT. Monitoring Jacksonville's OL progress this year might be an interesting exercise for Niner fans who advocate 2 or more high pick rookie starters on the Niner OL in 2010.
I hope he does a good job.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by krizay:
"WINS" starting job?

Shoulda used the phrase. Sing SETTLES for Pasho at the starting RT spot.

Agreed, kind of like Hill "winning" the QB job, it's more like Smith lost it.

oh, so you mean it was His all along?....hmmm for the amount of money we are paying him, I guess you're right.

Due to his high draft status and large first contract, I am pretty sure everyone still on the team involved in deciding to draft him, wanted him to be the starter. I think it was his job to lose starting training camp and unfortunately he lost it. That to me kind of burned the last hope he will live up to that potential everyone keeps talking about.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
It was Hills fault Snyder sucked, just like it's Hills fault everybody on defense sucked, if we bench Hill, we will win the Superbowl.

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I like Pashos in there full time but again this rotating sh$t with Snyder.... Just let Rachal or Wragge start at RG and Snyder can be the top backup at both tackle spots.

To me this is crazy. Pashos is scraps from another team and has shown to be somewhat penalty prone and he is our starting tackle??

It is like we have been playing musical offensive lineman for almost 5+ years now with no stability in the trenches. Just a bunch of back-ups stumbling over one another. I can't see how the front office doesn't realize this and why it never gets addressed.
This is the NFL, folks...meaning not for long. If the guys on the field aren't cuttin' it, you replace them with someone who will. I look at Pashos as a step up from Sims. He should be fine at RT...he's been a starter most of his career and he'll settle in ok. I think the reason Singletary's got Snyder and Rachal rotating is he's not ready to throw Chilo under the bus just yet. He wants to challenge him to improve...and it'll give him game condidtions to see who's the better RG.
wow, with pashos starting now the Offense is very different than what took the field last week.

Pashos and snyder on the line and jones probably pushing battle down a spot and of course crabs.
Originally posted by fister30:
wow, with pashos starting now the Offense is very different than what took the field last week.

Pashos and snyder on the line and jones probably pushing battle down a spot and of course crabs.

that's quite a shakeup, ha ?

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
It was Hills fault Snyder sucked, just like it's Hills fault everybody on defense sucked, if we bench Hill, we will win the Superbowl.

The reasons why our O sucks....
Oline - Hill cant hit a WR for s**t, so we never get in any sort of rythem and they are probably tired of blocking for him, do you remember when they went and sat with alex on the "moutain of pain"?

RB's - If the only thing that scares the other teams D is gore, then its going to be very hard for him to get things goin when he is in the game, and he will probably be injured more often because he takes way to many hits by multiple people at 1 time.

TE's - Have to stay in most of the time to block to help the RB's give us some sort of Offense because there are 8 or 9 men in the box 95% of the time because they know even if hill passes, it will be a short completion or on the turf infront of the WR.

WR's - read the above statements and you get the idea[/b]
Originally posted by Ether:
Am I the only one disturbed about the Position Battles in the MIDDLE OF THE SEASON?

Crabtree vs Morgan
Pashos vs Snyder
Snyder vs Rachal

And everyone knows Smith vs Hill will arise again once Hill sucks it up again this week.

Regardless of what fans may expect this season, we are still in the rebuilding phase. I don't like it either but we could not go with the status quo, something had to be done. With that said, hopefully the o-line can stabilize, as that is the team’s weakest link right now.

• lundtyee
  • Info N/A
Wragge ought to be playing RG. Its a no brainer.. this guy is good!
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I like Pashos in there full time but again this rotating sh$t with Snyder.... Just let Rachal or Wragge start at RG and Snyder can be the top backup at both tackle spots.

To me this is crazy. Pashos is scraps from another team and has shown to be somewhat penalty prone and he is our starting tackle??

It is like we have been playing musical offensive lineman for almost 5+ years now with no stability in the trenches. Just a bunch of back-ups stumbling over one another. I can't see how the front office doesn't realize this and why it never gets addressed.

LT First round draft choice LG 2nd round draft choice RG 2nd round draft choice RT 3rd rd draft choice.

The front office is trying, and they do realize this. That is a lot of first day picks on the front line. They either aren't drafting well or the coaching isn't there.
Originally posted by lundtyee:
Wragge ought to be playing RG. Its a no brainer.. this guy is good!

how do you figure this?
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

LT First round draft choice LG 2nd round draft choice RG 2nd round draft choice RT 3rd rd draft choice.

The front office is trying, and they do realize this. That is a lot of first day picks on the front line. They either aren't drafting well or the coaching isn't there.

I agree the front office has tried. I think alot of the problem is o-line coaching & scheme may be wrong with the players we have.
Share 49ersWebzone