LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Pashos wins starting tackle job

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jimbagg:
I absolutely agree that getting a premium OL (preferably a RT) is a priority for the 2010 draft. None of the current candidates (Pashos, Snyder, Rachal or Boone) have proven that they have the complete package to handle the RT position. Besides there can never be too much competition.

However, another high priority for the 2010 draft must be to secure a starting caliber safety, to be ready to take over for the increasingly fragile Michael Lewis. Roman will be gone in 2010 and the only carry-over candidates will be Goldson (a starter at FS or SS), Reggie Smith (jury is still out) and Marcus Hudson (a back-up only).

I love to draft for the trenches, like Philly does most of the time, but I just don't see 2 high picks in 2010 being used to select OL.

The OL on this roster need to be coached-up. Warhop wasn't the answer and I'm not sure that Foerster is either. When Jimmy Raye was the OC for Dickerson's Rams, who was the OL coach there? Is that guy available?

Boone came in as a useful project, hopefully (hope is all we can do about Boone for now) he will be in the mix next year. RT is a big issue for us and of the current players perhaps both Sims and Snyder will be gone for 2010 -Pashos I believe is on a one-year deal so I am not counting him as part of the future. OL has been too big of a problem for too long now to only be looking at players, I agree that the coaching of the OL needs to be looked at for a shake-up as well; even if just from a scheme standpoint.
snyder blows
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by matt49er:
anyone here feel that Baas was almost as bad as Rachel? I think maybe Wraage will take his spot if he plays bad vs.Houston. I'd like to see him in there now.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wragge take over for Baas.

Staley, Wragge, Heitman, Snyder, Pashos

IT is crazy enought that it just might work

Its looking more and more like this is what we will end up with. Baas and Rachal have been as bad as can possibly be.

This is the o-line we had last year under Nolan before Sing became head coach.

You can put a bow tie on a bag of s**t but at the end of the day it's still a bag of smelly s**t.
Well, we alll know the O-Line has been Sucking bad. I agree we need change and I think the O-Line coach needs to start packing his bags for a move out of SF.

Crabby must have really been impressive in his One week so far in practices. If he is as good as Dilfer was saying, and apparently the coaches are saying then I'm all for it. I think we all know Bruce will be put to the side in due time. I don't think they wanted to just sit Bruce since he is the old vet.

Next, Alex Smith takes over for Hill - This is too be continued.....
Move Snyder to RG.
Originally posted by 49erAddict:
I absolutely agree that getting a premium OL (preferably a RT) is a priority for the 2010 draft. None of the current candidates (Pashos, Snyder, Rachal or Boone) have proven that they have the complete package to handle the RT position. Besides there can never be too much competition.

However, another high priority for the 2010 draft must be to secure a starting caliber safety, to be ready to take over for the increasingly fragile Michael Lewis. Roman will be gone in 2010 and the only carry-over candidates will be Goldson (a starter at FS or SS), Reggie Smith (jury is still out) and Marcus Hudson (a back-up only).

I love to draft for the trenches, like Philly does most of the time, but I just don't see 2 high picks in 2010 being used to select OL.

The OL on this roster need to be coached-up. Warhop wasn't the answer and I'm not sure that Foerster is either. When Jimmy Raye was the OC for Dickerson's Rams, who was the OL coach there? Is that guy available?

Boone came in as a useful project, hopefully (hope is all we can do about Boone for now) he will be in the mix next year. RT is a big issue for us and of the current players perhaps both Sims and Snyder will be gone for 2010 -Pashos I believe is on a one-year deal so I am not counting him as part of the future. OL has been too big of a problem for too long now to only be looking at players, I agree that the coaching of the OL needs to be looked at for a shake-up as well; even if just from a scheme standpoint.

Seeing as how Baas has also been struggling at LG and his status as a FA after this season, I'd really like to see how Boone would fit at LG. The main knock on him as a LT at Ohio St. was that he simply stuggled with speedy edge rushers, but was a very solid run blocker. Additionally, given his measurables (5.16 40 time), it would seem that he certainly possesses the necessary athleticism to pull on run plays to the opposite side.

I really think that it could be a good idea.
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by 49erAddict:

Seeing as how Baas has also been struggling at LG and his status as a FA after this season, I'd really like to see how Boone would fit at LG. The main knock on him as a LT at Ohio St. was that he simply stuggled with speedy edge rushers, but was a very solid run blocker. Additionally, given his measurables (5.16 40 time), it would seem that he certainly possesses the necessary athleticism to pull on run plays to the opposite side.

I really think that it could be a good idea.

That'd be nice if it worked out. Staley is no better than a starting RT at best. We need a Safety and a LT in the 1st round next year and another G in the 2nd.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by matt49er:
anyone here feel that Baas was almost as bad as Rachel? I think maybe Wraage will take his spot if he plays bad vs.Houston. I'd like to see him in there now.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wragge take over for Baas.

Staley, Wragge, Heitman, Snyder, Pashos

IT is crazy enought that it just might work

Totally agree with Wragge for Baas....BEFORE ITS TOO LATE....PLZ!!!!!!
Originally posted by krizay:
"WINS" starting job?

Shoulda used the phrase. Sing SETTLES for Pasho at the starting RT spot.

lol nice! exactly
I'd like to see Staley-Baas/Snyder/Wragge-Heitmann-Wragge/Snyder-Pashos

Baas hasn't been as obviously bad but Chilo Rachal has no business being on the field. He's a sack/3 yard loss waiting to happen.

Should have kept Kyle Kosier. He and Hietman were both 7th round picks in 02 I believe. I noticed back when Snyder was drafted the he was being projected as a Guard in the Nfl. So hopefully it will work out. While we are talking changes can we just replace Bruce now and stop pretending he can still run and catch.
Let this Be the last year we try to put a line together out of nothing. Only Bobb could do that. We need three new starters, and allowing Rachal a back up role where he can have a chance to develop under (hopefully) a new OL coach, one or two more as depth, depending on the progress of the likes of Wallace.

This needs to be juggled with the needs at safety and possibly at qb. I think next year's draft is a critical one for the short to medium term.
good
Originally posted by Ether:
Am I the only one disturbed about the Position Battles in the MIDDLE OF THE SEASON?

Crabtree vs Morgan
Pashos vs Snyder
Snyder vs Rachal

And everyone knows Smith vs Hill will arise again once Hill sucks it up again this week.

What...you want Nolan to come back and tells you he's confident in our guys and will get them to improve, meanwhile no change is necessary--unless there's an injury
I don't think he so much won it as much as Snyder lost it. I hope the shake up pays dividends.
Share 49ersWebzone