LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

Pashos wins starting tackle job

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't care what part of the season it is. The better players need to play. Some players progress during the season and other players begin playing worse. Rachal edged it out last year.

Look at the Pats, they just cut TBC and didn't start Thomas. Changes are good as long as they are better for the team.

Didn't we sign Haley or some pass rusher specifically for the playoffs before? Make this team better, I don't care how...well...just don't get in trouble like Eddie D.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't care what part of the season it is. The better players need to play. Some players progress during the season and other players begin playing worse. Rachal edged it out last year.

Look at the Pats, they just cut TBC and didn't start Thomas. Changes are good as long as they are better for the team.

Didn't we sign Haley or some pass rusher specifically for the playoffs before? Make this team better, I don't care how...well...just don't get in trouble like Eddie D.

Yes we did, against Brett Favre's Packers in the 1998 season. We won the game.
Originally posted by matt49er:
anyone here feel that Baas was almost as bad as Rachel? I think maybe Wraage will take his spot if he plays bad vs.Houston. I'd like to see him in there now.

Can we leave Baas alone for once? He seems to be taking some of Rachal's heat for some reason.

There is absolutely no WAY you can argue he has been as bad as Rachal.

Rachal is just letting guys get around him, AND getting bullrushed into the pocket.

Baas has not been lights out, but he has been no where near as bad as Rachal.

I agree with you that Wragge should play RG.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
anyone here feel that Baas was almost as bad as Rachel? I think maybe Wraage will take his spot if he plays bad vs.Houston. I'd like to see him in there now.

Can we leave Baas alone for once? He seems to be taking some of Rachal's heat for some reason.

Rachal is just letting guys get around him, AND getting bullrushed into the pocket.

I like the sound of Staley, Baas, Heitman, Wragge, Pashos.
Let's try and get some meshing with our O-Line. If we can just have one good game as a whole offensive line, it will be the best thing that could happen for us.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Let's try and get some meshing with our O-Line. If we can just have one good game as a whole offensive line, it will be the best thing that could happen for us.

That would be huge for their confidence.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Baas was a center in college if I'm correct.Maybe that's where he would be at his best although Heitman seems to be doing well.
Snyder has been tried all over the place and hasn't really excelled. The whole preseason, the discussion was about him finally being able to settle in at one spot and become a solid technician. That didn't last long, did it?

It seems like he doesn't have the feet and punch to play LT and was even losing the corner and getting muscled at RT. He didn't make it at RG and everyone thought Baas would be a better player there, because he was the mauler of the group. Now he's back at RG? Heck, that's where we let Smiley go from.

So much for guard play not being important.
Good that moves Snyder back to gaurd were I think he thrives. If Pashos can hold it down then we will that much better for it. I would like to see Wragge take Baas's spot if he continues to struggle.

My point is that both Baas and Rachal has completely sucked. I am a Michigan fan and I believe Baas is way better on the right side he should move to RG if they are going to play him at all.
Pashos had better get the job done at RT, because moving Snyder back to RT would just undermine this whole bye week cha cha for the OL. And putting Sims at RT is just not acceptable at all, even as the 3rd stringer there.

A few others have mentioned the following point and I believe that it has merit. You have to study Rachal's body type, especially the long legs, which gives him a higher center of gravity. It well could be that the Niners best RT (not RG) over time could Rachal, and that Rachal is miscast as an NFL OG. His body type and mental make-up might just be better suited for the RT position, where his long legs can be used in lateral novement, as well as power blocking. This might have to wait until the off-season and a full TC to make the adjustment. But I can see some possibilities here. For all his faults, Nolan also saw some OT potential in Rachal and briefly tinkered with him there.

Originally posted by jimbagg:
Pashos had better get the job done at RT, because moving Snyder back to RT would just undermine this whole bye week cha cha for the OL. And putting Sims at RT is just not acceptable at all, even as the 3rd stringer there.

A few others have mentioned the following point and I believe that it has merit. You have to study Rachal's body type, especially the long legs, which gives him a higher center of gravity. It well could be that the Niners best RT (not RG) over time could Rachal, and that Rachal is miscast as an NFL OG. His body type and mental make-up might just be better suited for the RT position, where his long legs can be used in lateral novement, as well as power blocking. This might have to wait until the off-season and a full TC to make the adjustment. But I can see some possibilities here. For all his faults, Nolan also saw some OT potential in Rachal and briefly tinkered with him there.

at this point no way I would be happy with the organization going into next season planning on Rachal at RT. We need to draft the best OT with our 1st pick and sign a OG or draft a OG with our other 1st rounder or 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
It was Hills fault Snyder sucked, just like it's Hills fault everybody on defense sucked, if we bench Hill, we will win the Superbowl.

Originally posted by krizay:
"WINS" starting job?

Shoulda used the phrase. Sing SETTLES for Pasho at the starting RT spot.

Post of the day!

I absolutely agree that getting a premium OL (preferably a RT) is a priority for the 2010 draft. None of the current candidates (Pashos, Snyder, Rachal or Boone) have proven that they have the complete package to handle the RT position. Besides there can never be too much competition.

However, another high priority for the 2010 draft must be to secure a starting caliber safety, to be ready to take over for the increasingly fragile Michael Lewis. Roman will be gone in 2010 and the only carry-over candidates will be Goldson (a starter at FS or SS), Reggie Smith (jury is still out) and Marcus Hudson (a back-up only).

I love to draft for the trenches, like Philly does most of the time, but I just don't see 2 high picks in 2010 being used to select OL.

The OL on this roster need to be coached-up. Warhop wasn't the answer and I'm not sure that Foerster is either. When Jimmy Raye was the OC for Dickerson's Rams, who was the OL coach there? Is that guy available?
Originally posted by jimbagg:

He reminds me a bit of Derrick Deese.
Share 49ersWebzone