LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Pashos wins starting tackle job

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
It was Hills fault Snyder sucked, just like it's Hills fault everybody on defense sucked, if we bench Hill, we will win the Superbowl.

WTF are you talking about?

Oh, I thought we were blaming Hill for everything that happened in the ATL game,(did that stop with that thread lock?)...my bad.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
It was Hills fault Snyder sucked, just like it's Hills fault everybody on defense sucked, if we bench Hill, we will win the Superbowl.

WTF are you talking about?

what, so now it sounds crazy when someone else says it huh?

No it sounds crazy when it is in a thread about an OLine change

jk,

Originally posted by Ether:
Am I the only one disturbed about the Position Battles in the MIDDLE OF THE SEASON?

Crabtree vs Morgan
Pashos vs Snyder
Snyder vs Rachal

And everyone knows Smith vs Hill will arise again once Hill sucks it up again this week.

sucks that its in the middle of the season buuut better to get it out the way now than to wait til later when it could be too late. especially if it turns out to be a good move. i for one am for any move(for the most part) that helps the team move forward. just hope it works out for the best.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
"WINS" starting job?

Shoulda used the phrase. Sing SETTLES for Pasho at the starting RT spot.

Agreed, kind of like Hill "winning" the QB job, it's more like Smith lost it.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Complete bulls**t allowing Snyder to see action at OG. He has performed poorly at OG in recent history, and he won't be that big of an improvement over Rachal.

This also doesn't solve the problem on the other side of the field. Is Wragge pushing Baas for that LG spot, or is Wragge getting shafted from opportunities he deserves based on our O-line play?
Originally posted by BobS:
"WINS" starting job?

Agreed, kind of like Hill "winning" the QB job, it's more like Smith lost it.

oh, so you mean it was His all along?....hmmm for the amount of money we are paying him, I guess you're right.
anyone here feel that Baas was almost as bad as Rachel? I think maybe Wraage will take his spot if he plays bad vs.Houston. I'd like to see him in there now.
Originally posted by matt49er:
anyone here feel that Baas was almost as bad as Rachel? I think maybe Wraage will take his spot if he plays bad vs.Houston. I'd like to see him in there now.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wragge take over for Baas.

Staley, Wragge, Heitman, Snyder, Pashos

IT is crazy enought that it just might work
  • jcs
  • Veteran
This is a good move...Snyder was pretty bad out there, he physically can't handle the job and has the tools to be a successful G. Rachal needed to get benched...kid looks lost. I hope they stick to this combination for the duration of the season to let them form some kind of chemistry.
Sigh, you know your line is in disarray when you have to make major changes midseason.

Pashos hasn't played lights out himself. As somebody mentioned above, this is like the competition between Smith and Hill.

Something tells me that the coaches don't have very much faith in Wragge. I would have expected him to fully take over for Rachal or even Baas.

-9fA

• A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:

I wouldn't mind seeing Wragge take over for Baas.

Staley, Wragge, Heitman, Snyder, Pashos

IT is crazy enought that it just might work

Its looking more and more like this is what we will end up with. Baas and Rachal have been as bad as can possibly be.
"WINS" starting job?

Bingo!
Hope that Pashos plays well there & Rachal wakes up & takes over his spot full time with better play.
The O-line has been a huge disappointment. Changes needed to be made. Now whether those changes will yield positive results remain to be seen, but something had to be done. Hopefully we'll see improved O-line play and a really hope this boot to the butt of Rachal gets him back into gear so he can become the player he should become.
Pashos starting is good news and it shouldn't be surprising to anyone. He's been a starter in the league for some time now. Snyder is versatile, but he is naturally an OG.

Snyder should add some consistancy to the RG spot. Rachal's lapses where he completely whiffs his man is killing us. Snyder my not get the push in the running game that Rachal does, but he'll atleast get his hands on his man and not give someone a free shot at Hill.
Share 49ersWebzone