There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith & Crabtree Chemistry

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I'll tell ya though. If Hill fails I hope to high heaven that Sing doesn't yank him. Cause if he does fail it will be monumentally epic failure.

If he wins well, he damn well better have won since he's had two weeks to prepare for this game.

Damn Afrikan yo, how's it feel to have your boy Shaun in the cross hairs?

Oh an btw? I don't WANT anyone to fail. So you'll excuse me if I continue to root for the team as I always have since I became a fan.

Hell I doubt that anyone WANTS Hill to fail. But dude he's been failing all season long. Our Defense just covered it up pretty well. I think that you are seeing a backlash from all the crap that you and other hard headed posters dumped on other players. You won't find one post where I name called Hill other than he's a P@$$Y. Shoot anyone that stands 6'4", weighs 220 lbs. and cannot throw a Football that weighs less than 2 lbs farther than 30 yards is a straight up P@$$Y. I can throw the ball farther. I'm shorter and am 50 lbs under his weight.

~Ceadder

Just because a team has two weeks to prepare, doesn't necessarily give them an advantage over their opponent. Three weeks to prepare for the Saints, wouldn't help us, even if we could have a 12th man on the field. The point I'm making is, coming off a bye, doesn't guarantee an advantage or success.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
I'll tell ya though. If Hill fails I hope to high heaven that Sing doesn't yank him. Cause if he does fail it will be monumentally epic failure.

If he wins well, he damn well better have won since he's had two weeks to prepare for this game.

Oh an btw? I don't WANT anyone to fail. So you'll excuse me if I continue to root for the team as I always have since I became a fan.

Hell I doubt that anyone WANTS Hill to fail. But dude he's been failing all season long. Our Defense just covered it up pretty well. I think that you are seeing a backlash from all the crap that you and other hard headed posters dumped on other players. You won't find one post where I name called Hill other than he's a P@$$Y. Shoot anyone that stands 6'4", weighs 220 lbs. and cannot throw a Football that weighs less than 2 lbs farther than 30 yards is a straight up P@$$Y. I can throw the ball farther. I'm shorter and am 50 lbs under his weight.

~Ceadder

Just because a team has two weeks to prepare, doesn't necessarily give them an advantage over their opponent. Three weeks to prepare for the Saints, wouldn't help us, even if we could have a 12th man on the field. The point I'm making is, coming off a bye, doesn't guarantee an advantage or success.

It will give them mental & physical rest.
Originally posted by Nes49:

~Ceadder

At this point in the season, as far as physical rest, Gore and Lewis are the only ones truly benefiting - the season just started a month a half ago.

Mentally...maybe.

The point is, two weeks preparations oppose to your opponent's one week, doesn't guarantee an advantage. That all I'm saying.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

At this point in the season, as far as physical rest, Gore and Lewis are the only ones truly benefiting - the season just started a month a half ago.

Mentally...maybe.

The point is, two weeks preparations oppose to your opponent's one week, doesn't guarantee an advantage. That all I'm saying.

& I agree.....lets hope they ready for the Texans

~Ceadder

Mentally...maybe.

I hear you. I just want to win so we can go into the Colts game with SOME confidence.

~Ceadder

Mentally...maybe.

I hear you. I just want to win so we can go into the Colts game with SOME confidence.

Agreed, if we lose this game, the webzone might burn down!

~Ceadder

Mentally...maybe.

Are you kidding? Having an extra week IS an advantage, but having an advantage doesn't guarantee success. Sorry if I'm splitting hairs.
In this mixed up crazy thing we call an offense, I think these two kids will be just fine together.

Originally posted by redrathman:
In this mixed up crazy thing we call an offense, I think these two kids will be just fine together.

Too bad they WON'T be together.
Too bad they WON'T be together.

It's only week seven, my friend.

Shaun Hill is one David Baas defender moonwalk away from an arm injury.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Lol someone needs to post the gif of smith and Rodgers.

~Ceadder

For the last 2 years:

Teams coming off their bye week are 37-26-1 with a 57% win percentage.
Teams that made the playoffs the last two years are 19-5 coming off their bye weeks.
Teams who played at home after a bye week were 21-10-1.
Teams who played on the road after their bye week were 15-17

There is some statistical advantage to a bye week.
  • lundtyee
  • Info N/A
Who needs days off when you get a new weapon to use. Hill shouldve been like a kid at xmass and been there bright and early all day every day!.... Instead Alex throws to him all week. PLEASE put in Alex and lets see what happens. Playing Hill is such a waste of time. At best playing Hill may win us a few more games this year because he is less likely to turn the ball over. WHO CARES! If he can't make the big throws and take them to the big game then its all just a waste of time. Put in Smith and find out once and for all if he is gonna B "the man" or not.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
This is funny I had to post. AS of an article I read today, One of the trainers who used to be a QB is now throwing to CTree till Hill gets back. Of course he's back now. So right, there was such fabulous chemistry they took Smith off the job and gave it to a trainer who used to be a QB to throw to him.

Imagine if you are Smith and even, tossing the ball to the new guy is taken away because, They don't the WR to get bad habits from catching Smith's balls!!!!!!!!! That's wot I think.. sad, but so true.

I am not definitely saying Hill is the man of the hour, but Smith's talent level is so low, it makes Hill the starter by default. Just ger Davis in I say. If Sanchez, Stafford, Ryan ( the qb who kicked our ass) and Flacco can do it, then Davis can too. Open your eyes, not everyone comes to the NFL from a trick offense without presence.. oh what's the use, it's all been said before..

Bust, he is, bust he is.

Ok then if you don't believe me, there was a great interview MM did with the guy who studies all the NFL game film and then comments for the NFL, this was a few days ago, and to my mind this is THE most scathing review of A Smith's abilities I have EVER read. To wit:

MM:
I know you haven't seen him play in two years, but is there where Alex Smith, because of his arm strength and the better physical tools, might be the better option at quarterback?

Cosell:
"Well, I don't think Alex Smith has particularly good physical tools. Certainly, we know Shaun Hill has an average to below-average NFL arm. You're right, we haven't seen Alex Smith throw in two years, but the last time we did see him throw and even when he came out (of college), I'd say Alex Smith's arm strength was slightly better than average - nothing more. I'm always leery - I know he's a smart kid - but I don't know how much he's learned. I'm not there. When you play in the Urban Meyer offense, and I can tell you for a fact, that when Alex Smith went through his board work for teams coming out of the draft that he had zero clue about NFL route combination's, which is not surprising. Because in Urban Meyer's offense, nobody does. I'm not a big Alex Smith guy. I think he has limited skills and I think he's got limited understanding."

You guys should really.......... GET OVER HIM!!!
I digress..

GO NINERS BEAT THE TAXASSES!!

So now that Sanchez has thrown more pick in one game than Smith ever has, is he a bust?

Oh yeah?

Judging by what I have seen of him, and what nearly ALL NFL people say about him, and by the way he handles a rush, etc.. You wanna bet his career will blow Smith's out of the water so far, it be like there was never a Smith to talk about? A load of dung.

That is utterly ridiculous. He threw those picks because of the rush and bad decision making, and he has a much better team than Smith had to work with. Obviously you must not have been paying attention to Sanchez's play. He started off okay, but his game is terrible. You are willing to judge Smith by a ridiculously small body of work, but you are ready to anoint Sanchez one of the greats...that speaks volumes about your depth of knowledge. FYI Sanchez current rating is 56, well below Smiths, even in his terrible rookie year...and Sanchez is on a playoff team. I begin to wonder if you are qualified to make judgments about a quarterbacks ability.
This is funny I had to post. AS of an article I read today, One of the trainers who used to be a QB is now throwing to CTree till Hill gets back. Of course he's back now. So right, there was such fabulous chemistry they took Smith off the job and gave it to a trainer who used to be a QB to throw to him.

Imagine if you are Smith and even, tossing the ball to the new guy is taken away because, They don't the WR to get bad habits from catching Smith's balls!!!!!!!!! That's wot I think.. sad, but so true.

I am not definitely saying Hill is the man of the hour, but Smith's talent level is so low, it makes Hill the starter by default. Just ger Davis in I say. If Sanchez, Stafford, Ryan ( the qb who kicked our ass) and Flacco can do it, then Davis can too. Open your eyes, not everyone comes to the NFL from a trick offense without presence.. oh what's the use, it's all been said before..

Bust, he is, bust he is.

Ok then if you don't believe me, there was a great interview MM did with the guy who studies all the NFL game film and then comments for the NFL, this was a few days ago, and to my mind this is THE most scathing review of A Smith's abilities I have EVER read. To wit:

MM:
I know you haven't seen him play in two years, but is there where Alex Smith, because of his arm strength and the better physical tools, might be the better option at quarterback?

Cosell:
"Well, I don't think Alex Smith has particularly good physical tools. Certainly, we know Shaun Hill has an average to below-average NFL arm. You're right, we haven't seen Alex Smith throw in two years, but the last time we did see him throw and even when he came out (of college), I'd say Alex Smith's arm strength was slightly better than average - nothing more. I'm always leery - I know he's a smart kid - but I don't know how much he's learned. I'm not there. When you play in the Urban Meyer offense, and I can tell you for a fact, that when Alex Smith went through his board work for teams coming out of the draft that he had zero clue about NFL route combination's, which is not surprising. Because in Urban Meyer's offense, nobody does. I'm not a big Alex Smith guy. I think he has limited skills and I think he's got limited understanding."

You guys should really.......... GET OVER HIM!!!
I digress..

GO NINERS BEAT THE TAXASSES!!

So now that Sanchez has thrown more pick in one game than Smith ever has, is he a bust?

Oh yeah?

Judging by what I have seen of him, and what nearly ALL NFL people say about him, and by the way he handles a rush, etc.. You wanna bet his career will blow Smith's out of the water so far, it be like there was never a Smith to talk about? A load of dung.

That is utterly ridiculous. He threw those picks because of the rush and bad decision making, and he has a much better team than Smith had to work with. Obviously you must not have been paying attention to Sanchez's play. He started off okay, but his game is terrible. You are willing to judge Smith by a ridiculously small body of work, but you are ready to anoint Sanchez one of the greats...that speaks volumes about your depth of knowledge. FYI Sanchez current rating is 56, well below Smiths, even in his terrible rookie year...and Sanchez is on a playoff team. I begin to wonder if you are qualified to make judgments about a quarterbacks ability.

yeah pretty much sums it up right there