There are 168 users in the forums

Alex Smith & Crabtree Chemistry

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex Smith stayed in town during the bye week to work with Crabtree. Does this establish some chemistry between the two? Does this help Smith's chances of getting some action this season? Does this build some chemistry between the two palyers?

I think it may. And getting away from the subject a tad, It shows that Alex wants to be there for sure. I'm just sayin that if the offense continues to stink it up with Gore back in the lineup, that Smith should get a shot to start at some point down the line this season.
Damon Bruce commented that if he were Shawn Hill, and he needed to get the offense going, he would damn well have stayed in town to throw to Crabtree.
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Alex Smith stayed in town during the bye week to work with Crabtree. Does this establish some chemistry between the two? Does this help Smith's chances of getting some action this season? Does this build some chemistry between the two palyers?

I think it may. And getting away from the subject a tad, It shows that Alex wants to be there for sure. I'm just sayin that if the offense continues to stink it up with Gore back in the lineup, that Smith should get a shot to start at some point down the line this season.

I dont know if Alex is Crabs type. Not enough booty in the pants.
If Hill plays poorly vs Houston and struggles against Indy, I think you may see Sing gives Alex Smith some PT to see what he can do.
FREE ALEX
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:

He will. This could be Hills last game. The Texans have an average D, acually bottom 5 or 6. We will see what he can do.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
It certainly gives Alex Smith a competitive edge if our offense sputters against the Texans.
Uh oh. I worry about this thread.

You kind of asked the same question twice. But anyways..

Sure, it helps. I have to believe Crabs would have more chemistry with Smith than he's going to have with Hill, come Sunday. He's gotten no reps with Shaun.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
future
It gives him more chemistry with Crabtree, but dont make it seem like Alex stayed in the bay area just because of Crabtree, Alex lives in the bay area so thats why he volunteered to throw to Crabtree
[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 19, 2009 at 11:33 AM ]

Originally posted by ads_2006:
FREE ALEX

Free them both and get a new QB!!!
Originally posted by rapid4:
Damon Bruce commented that if he were Shawn Hill, and he needed to get the offense going, he would damn well have stayed in town to throw to Crabtree.

That's what I figured too, oh well
  • dald1
  • Veteran
only time will tell
Originally posted by rapid4:

so shaun hill is supposed to sacrifice his only 3 day's off because of crabtree?? Please, getting a couple days to see family and clear your head, is prob more important that helping crabs, who wont do much this season anyway...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Chemistry is not made in a week.
Share 49ersWebzone