There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers safety Michael Lewis says, ‘I’m ready for the Houston Texans’

there is no doubt in my mind that we will use 1 of our picks on a Safety next year. It's a must ohhhh please draft eric berry!
I like Lewis a lot, and think he is a terrific player.

But, I hope this guy finishes this season and walks away. The last thing Lewis needs is dementia at 50, and become a drooling moron at 55.

For the old timers, the last thing we need to see is Muhammad Ali-Larry Holmes II. The GOAT was never the same after that pounding.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 15, 2009 at 03:51:26 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
there is no doubt in my mind that we will use 1 of our picks on a Safety next year. It's a must ohhhh please draft eric berry!

We'd have to be picking top 5 to get Berry. Think Mays instead.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,400 for PatrickJira411.
Originally posted by mayo63:

I think Mays is to much of a boom or bust type prospect and he certainly can make big plays but he also gives them up to and I always think he will be that kind of player. Don't sleep on Curtis Taylor as our potential starting SS. The kid has talent, he is a big kid who runs well, hits like a ton of bricks and with some coaching and experince I think he can be a starter in this league.
I don't agree with this, but I also can't agree with Roman starting...Reggie Smith?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The don't call him Michael Screw-Lew-is for nothing.

That's just wrong.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by alpha81:
I cant beleive Lewis would say something like that when Hill wont practice because he's "a little sore".

I honestly think the team told Hill to sit out so Alex Smith can get some snaps and the fact Shuan Hill is going home during the bye...Very weird because everything you read about this guy is he eats and sleep football, he loves to watch film, etc, etc so did the 49ers tell him to get away for a few days? I don't know, it's just kind of odd that Shuan Hill is leaving during the bye.

BTW. Has Crabtree even caught ONE football from Shuan Hill? That might something they might want to work since Shuan Hill throws one heck of an ugly, tough to catch football. But instead Crabs countinue to works with and catch passes from Alex Smith....................................

I agree, it doesn't make any sense.

Shaun Hill would be workin' out with Crabs and Gore right now, somethings up. Unless it's for family reasons, it just doesn't make sense.

It's because you want your starting QB to actually rest, he needs to get back to 100%, the biggest issue with Crabtree is that he doesn't know the plays, so he will work with Smith to get an idea and then perfect the timing with Hill next week.
Originally posted by mayo63:

We do have Carolina's first round pick next year.
For his sake, I hope he doesn't play. He may not feel the symptoms, but he needs to let his brain fully heal. That's not something to mess around with. He's flirting with possibly brain damage here. The medical should down him for an extra couple weeks, IMO.
Originally posted by strickac:
For his sake, I hope he doesn't play. He may not feel the symptoms, but he needs to let his brain fully heal. That's not something to mess around with. He's flirting with possibly brain damage here. The medical should down him for an extra couple weeks, IMO.

All players suffer from concussions every play, it might not as be as severe as being knocked out but any type of blow to the head isn't good.

He should play.

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 15, 2009 at 12:22:50 ]
It's funny how a lot of you pretend you actually care about Michael Lewis's personal life. I mean you guys trash Mark Roman (me included) but if he got hurt im sure most of you would be cheering. It's not like you guys care what these guys do or how they live when their out of football or not with the 49ers anymore so cut the act out.
Originally posted by strickac:

Originally posted by jreff22:
He's going to destroy his noodle.

Yes he his i think he shouldn't play. 3 times this season can't be good for anyone.The adult brain can handle this better then a child's but enough is enough lewis it has to be about your health over a game.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
It's funny how a lot of you pretend you actually care about Michael Lewis's personal life. I mean you guys trash Mark Roman (me included) but if he got hurt im sure most of you would be cheering. It's not like you guys care what these guys do or how they live when their out of football or not with the 49ers anymore so cut the act out.

Dude just because Roman sucks doesn't mean that I wish any bad fortune on the guy. That is just messed up man, I don't wish for people to get injured even if I dislike them. That's not a fair statement to make when you don't know most of us. To be fair though people did cheer when Smith got injured though, which was messed up.
brb, making kool aid