There are 238 users in the forums

49ers safety Michael Lewis says, ‘I’m ready for the Houston Texans’

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I think he decided that he has a better chance of dying on the sideline by watching the play of roman so he has decided to play.
all safety are playing bads
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I think he decided that he has a better chance of dying on the sideline by watching the play of roman so he has decided to play.

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
all safety are playing bads

Please post more. I am not kidding.
I am all for him as a player in the now, but come on the guy needs to think of his future. He's going to go Mohammed Ali if he keeps getting knocked around. I want him to play as a player, but not get in there chancing the worst (I felt a little like this with Steve Young also)
Hell yeah!!!! A Ronnie Lott-like warrior!!!! Time to break Steve Wallace's old helmet out of moth ball...........WAR LEWIS!!!!!!!!!!!
[img=null]

[ Edited by vamphunter23 on Oct 14, 2009 at 17:01:38 ]
Originally posted by danimal:
at what point does he lose the option to choose? I wonder if there is some kind of guideline

I sort of remember that Steve Young was on the verge or actually did get forced out, even if only behind the scenes.

I am fairly certain there are certain injuries that Franchises don't want to take on Legal risk and or Public relations hits

I mean, if a Franchise is willing to nudge Steve Young out obviously it really doesn't matter how important the player is.

[ Edited by danimal on Oct 14, 2009 at 17:00:07 ]
I'm only okay with this if it wasn't that bad of a concussion and he passes all the medical tests. I like him a lot as a player, he's like our Bob Sanders, but he needs to chill and think about life after football, and his family, and his health.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The concussions will be a lot more avoidable if he tackles with his head up.
Singletary needs to tell this kid it is time to hang up the cleets

It's the concussion talking.
at what point does he lose the option to choose? I wonder if there is some kind of guideline

I sort of remember that Steve Young was on the verge or actually did get forced out, even if only behind the scenes.

I am fairly certain there are certain injuries that Franchises don't want to take on Legal risk and or Public relations hits

I mean, if a Franchise is willing to nudge Steve Young out obviously it really doesn't matter how important the player is.

I'm pretty sure I heard a quote that Steve Young used the concussion as an excuse to leave the club, after seeing the direction it was heading.
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:

I'm pretty sure I heard a quote that Steve Young used the concussion as an excuse to leave the club, after seeing the direction it was heading.

How dare you talk about our beloved Steve like that.

Mods you know what to do
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:

So... you're a nevernude?

I cant beleive Lewis would say something like that when Hill wont practice because he's "a little sore".
Share 49ersWebzone