There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers safety Michael Lewis says, ‘I’m ready for the Houston Texans’

The don't call him Michael Screw-Lew-is for nothing.
Originally posted by alpha81:
I cant beleive Lewis would say something like that when Hill wont practice because he's "a little sore".

Hey we were waiting for leaders on this team to step up, maybe Mike Lewis is one of those guys.

And I remember everyone saying one of the reasons Hill should win the QB job was because of his leadership... To be fair though it's not like Shaun is saying he won't play the next game, he did get hit a lot and we don't know how injured he may or may not be, and Mike Lewis isn't practicing at the moment either although I wouldn't expect it out of him right now in the first place.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

LOLz LOlz
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I cant beleive Lewis would say something like that when Hill wont practice because he's "a little sore".

Hey we were waiting for leaders on this team to step up, maybe Mike Lewis is one of those guys.

And I remember everyone saying one of the reasons Hill should win the QB job was because of his leadership... To be fair though it's not like Shaun is saying he won't play the next game, he did get hit a lot and we don't know how injured he may or may not be, and Mike Lewis isn't practicing at the moment either although I wouldn't expect it out of him right now in the first place.

Don't forget his "toughness" all based on 1 scramble that he lost his helmet on.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by danimal:
at what point does he lose the option to choose? I wonder if there is some kind of guideline

I sort of remember that Steve Young was on the verge or actually did get forced out, even if only behind the scenes.

I am fairly certain there are certain injuries that Franchises don't want to take on Legal risk and or Public relations hits

I mean, if a Franchise is willing to nudge Steve Young out obviously it really doesn't matter how important the player is.

I'm pretty sure I heard a quote that Steve Young used the concussion as an excuse to leave the club, after seeing the direction it was heading.

I remember reading this too. Steve used the concussions as an excuse after he was told there would be a roster purge.

I honestly think the team told Hill to sit out so Alex Smith can get some snaps and the fact Shuan Hill is going home during the bye...Very weird because everything you read about this guy is he eats and sleep football, he loves to watch film, etc, etc so did the 49ers tell him to get away for a few days? I don't know, it's just kind of odd that Shuan Hill is leaving during the bye.

BTW. Has Crabtree even caught ONE football from Shuan Hill? That might something they might want to work since Shuan Hill throws one heck of an ugly, tough to catch football. But instead Crabs countinue to works with and catch passes from Alex Smith....................................
As much as I would love to have him on the team, I pray the team doesn't allow him to return (ever).

The shame is he is only in his 8th year so he probably be good for at least 2 more.
Something about this just really disturbs me. I hope he's not doing it for monetary reasons, I worry for his future.

I think he should take some time off, but I wish Lewis the best of luck.
I got it, I know how to fix his concussion problem

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

I honestly think the team told Hill to sit out so Alex Smith can get some snaps and the fact Shuan Hill is going home during the bye...Very weird because everything you read about this guy is he eats and sleep football, he loves to watch film, etc, etc so did the 49ers tell him to get away for a few days? I don't know, it's just kind of odd that Shuan Hill is leaving during the bye.

BTW. Has Crabtree even caught ONE football from Shuan Hill? That might something they might want to work since Shuan Hill throws one heck of an ugly, tough to catch football. But instead Crabs countinue to works with and catch passes from Alex Smith....................................

I agree, it doesn't make any sense.

Shaun Hill would be workin' out with Crabs and Gore right now, somethings up. Unless it's for family reasons, it just doesn't make sense.
As much as I want to say Hell Yeah kick some ass, I just have to wonder if playing at all this year is a good idea. As tough as he is I hope he knows what he is doing.
Originally posted by saj4423:
As much as I want to say Hell Yeah kick some ass, I just have to wonder if playing at all this year is a good idea. As tough as he is I hope he knows what he is doing.

i agree... i just think that now-a-days... these doctors are better equipped and they know a lot more about these types of injuries. but if they find no reason for him to sit out, then he should definitely play... as long as he is not going against the doc's wishes
How did this thread turn into a Hill vs. Smith thread?
Originally posted by linkboy:
I got it, I know how to fix his concussion problem

Good call, and it did fix his concussion problem and Steve Wallace was able to play for another few years.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

LOL ....... It would be great if he can be ready for Houston , I hope that the doctor finds the risk to be slight because he cleared so quickly. I'd hate to see him with some permenant problems.