There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex smith taking snaps with 1st team offense

Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Originally posted by valrod33:
im an Alex Smith supporter but if this is true this is stupid I dont see why you would bench Hill after 1 bad game, so if Alex has 1 bad game does that mean Nate Davis comes in

IMO I don't think Hill has had 1 bad game....the last game just sticks out because it was such a bad loss. I think Hill has either sucked, has had subpar play, and/or intermittent success in every game this season. i.e., nothing close to consistent.

Hill has had 5 bad games...

True, the defense has been saving Shaun Hill's ass this season...
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Actually i just figured out whats going on here its so freaking obvious

Alex Smith is taking the snaps because we are about to trade Shaun Hill to the New England Patriots for Tom Brady and we dont want Hill to get hurt and ruin this trade

Wow were all morons for not seeing this

Super Bowl here we come

Do you think they'll do Bruce for Moss as part of the deal?

• fryet
  • Veteran
Keep in mind that we have only had 1 game where we had good RB play (Seattle). Our other 2 wins came from the passing game. But all in all, our offense has played poor, part of which you can lay at Shaun Hill's feet.

Comparing Alex Smith vs Shaun Hill, I expect Alex to complete more passes to wide receivers, and complete more down field. I expect him to have a harder time with the short passes, so we may have more quick score drives and fewer grind out the clock drives. Hill, surprisingly, has had a problem making a fair number of the short passes too. Alex Smith will probably get sacked more.

I think it would be tougher for teams to defend against Alex Smith. With Shaun Hill, they don't fear the deep ball, so they can play the run and the short pass at the same time. With Alex Smith, they have to legitimately worry about the deep ball, and if they stack the box too much, he can make them pay.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
This is what I hate seeing from Smith..Bullet Passes with No Touch on the Ball on Screens/Dump Off's to the running back..he's got to stop Brett Favrein that shyt when he doesn't need to..
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Originally posted by DonJulio:
im an Alex Smith supporter but if this is true this is stupid I dont see why you would bench Hill after 1 bad game, so if Alex has 1 bad game does that mean Nate Davis comes in

IMO I don't think Hill has had 1 bad game....the last game just sticks out because it was such a bad loss. I think Hill has either sucked, has had subpar play, and/or intermittent success in every game this season. i.e., nothing close to consistent.

Hill has had 5 bad games...

The entire offense has been pretty bad over five gamnes, except for a drive here & there, and a few breakout runs by Gore against Seattle. Fortunately some of those good drives came at timely moments in games they won. But if they can't do that very often, they are sunk the further along they get in the season.
What planet are you on? If Alex were the better qb he would have been starting.

Originally posted by fryet:
Keep in mind that we have only had 1 game where we had good RB play (Seattle). Our other 2 wins came from the passing game. But all in all, our offense has played poor, part of which you can lay at Shaun Hill's feet.

Comparing Alex Smith vs Shaun Hill, I expect Alex to complete more passes to wide receivers, and complete more down field. I expect him to have a harder time with the short passes, so we may have more quick score drives and fewer grind out the clock drives. Hill, surprisingly, has had a problem making a fair number of the short passes too. Alex Smith will probably get sacked more.

I think it would be tougher for teams to defend against Alex Smith. With Shaun Hill, they don't fear the deep ball, so they can play the run and the short pass at the same time. With Alex Smith, they have to legitimately worry about the deep ball, and if they stack the box too much, he can make them pay.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49time:
I have witness Alex Smith Qb two of the worst years of offense that I have ever seen from a niner. With that said, I have watch Shaun Hill qb the third worst year of an qb this year. I wish this was Madden so I can simulate to the draft or Free Agency to grab another Qb. I cant take this anymore. Our standard of winning and offense has slipped greatly.I am so fustrated with our team directions. At one time, we were responsible for most of the succesful coaches in the league. Why did we variate from what we were doing? Our current staff have not groomed any of our talent to All pros except Patrick Willis. No one fears our offense or qb anymore. We need to restore our roots. We need to sign Gruden, Shanahan or Holmgren. Let them groom us a qb.

The year with Norv was pretty good. The next year was bad, but the OC we had was some guy Mike Nolan found playing Madden online.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Wow! I'm impressed!

what im saying is the timing is just stupid if this is true, Shaun Hill has played ok we are 3-2 and leading the division, this move would make no sense

I'm kind of in agreement.

However if you look at Shaun's body of work as a whole for this season, it's not one bad game it's at least 3. But that doesn't mean anything anyway.

Alex could be taking snaps to get on the same page with the 1st teamers should Hill not come in and play well or stinks up the joint against Houston.

It doesn't mean anything until Smith is actually named the Starter.

~Ceadder
It's clearly not just Hill's fault, but he has looked awful so far this season. No chemistry with anyone but Davis (and even that's shaky), looks indecisive on just about every drop back and until last Sunday, wasn't even using his legs to get out of trouble...just taking sack after sack after sack.

I'm no Smith fan, but anything is better than Hill right now.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Wow! I'm impressed!

what im saying is the timing is just stupid if this is true, Shaun Hill has played ok we are 3-2 and leading the division, this move would make no sense

I think it is just to get him some reps so he is ready if they need to make a move.
Sing's offense might might end the careers of both Hill and Smith. Only Davis has a chance to succeed in this horrible offense.

Wow! I'm impressed!

I agree. No sense at all. I think we'll see an elephant fly before we see Alex Smith start against the Texans.
I really hope if we go down this route its a ful rotation and not a Quinn and Anderson affair if Hill is benched he stays there. If Smith fails again it goes down to Davis and we have the chance to look them all over before the next draft. I think Smith will be on the next thing smoking if he stinks again and Hill will become the 2nd stringer to Davis if he plays well. Now if Davis stinks we revert to Hill until the season ends and go get a QB via draft with Ryan/Flacco skill set to come in and start. I know its gonna crazy but our QB situation must be resolved once and for all!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone: