There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sing on KNBR "change at RG"

Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
This isn't going to make watching Desean Jackson score touchdowns any easier.

You think DeSean Jackson would be scoring TD's with us if we had him? Between all the WR's they have 1 TD combined right? DeSean Jackson would be wasted here

Oh man. Good point.

It's not like a KR/PR is of any use. Or maybe that hes better than any of our receivers other than (possibly) Crabtree.

He is better than any of our receivers but i guarantee he wouldnt be doing much all things considered (QB, OL and OC)
Originally posted by vermonator:
That's what I like about Sing, he doesn't put up with players screwing up no matter who they are or where they where drafted. This is a great opportunity for Wragge to shine and maybe set a fire under Chilo.

Yeah and if he thinks somthing, he says it. Not like Nolan where he would deny something, then make the change out of nowhere

You think DeSean Jackson would be scoring TD's with us if we had him? Between all the WR's they have 1 TD combined right? DeSean Jackson would be wasted here

Oh man. Good point.

It's not like a KR/PR is of any use. Or maybe that hes better than any of our receivers other than (possibly) Crabtree.

He is better than any of our receivers but i guarantee he wouldnt be doing much all things considered (QB, OL and OC)

You can guarantee? He'd be much more of an asset than a trash back-up RT..
My prediction: Staley--Baas--Heitman--Snyder--Pashos

I think the biggest problem with our Oline is that we insist a having big maulers that are supposed to plow the way for our RBs. Having a large Oline is kind of a trade-off. If you go for a big, run-oriented Oline, you're going to suffer in pass protection. It's no secret that we're going to try to run the ball, so when teams stack the box, we're screwed. We can't run very effectively against it and if we try to pass, our big line can't handle the blitz. It's a lose-lose situation.

We need to draft/acquire the best lineman possible, not just those that excel in run blocking. IMO, the best offenses are those that are able to run the ball because of the threat of their passing attack. Raye has been telling everyone that we're going to run, run, then run some more. We're horribly one-sided and defenses are going to continue to stack up against the run.

Oh man. Good point.

I dont disagree with you, my point is DeSean would be having maybe half the success here as he's had in Philly.

SF is where WR's come to die
Is Dahl available in a trade? Coach seems to have some chemistry with him already.

Oh man. Good point.

I dont disagree with you, my point is DeSean would be having maybe half the success here as he's had in Philly.

I wouldn't say WR's come to SF to die. Just a lot of mediocre ones come here. Terrell Owens and Jerry Rice didn't suck in SF.
Originally posted by 9erred:
What a complete joke. This team has no clue how to coach OL or G for that matter.

Kyle Kosier sucked at the niners, playing fine for the Cow Boys.

Justin Smiley - average for the niners, pro bowl level for the Dolphins

Harvey Dahl- practice squad guy who has started at RT and now RG for Atlanta

David Baas- second round pick that has not panned out

now

Chilo Rachal- second round pick, top 40 pick, they want to ride the pine.

Notice a pattern here?

it is coaching, not the talent.

Absolutely it's coaching.. There is no other explanation... Hiring a top notch OL coach during the off season has to be a top priority. Our OL has sucked for many years in a row.. Enough already.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Is Dahl available in a trade? Coach seems to have some chemistry with him already.

LOL
LINK... The Coach Mike Singletary Show
What a complete joke. This team has no clue how to coach OL or G for that matter.

now

Notice a pattern here?

You know what?

You make a very good point here.

I bet if Baas and Chilo both left for other teams, they would play very well.

I notice that Chilo seems to make the same type of mistake over and over again in pass protection.

He did not make these mistakes so often last season.

His center of gravity is different than most, and the coaches seem to think that all he needs to do is bend lower and lower, but this does not seem to be working for him.

He gets thrown too easily because he does not look like he is balanced.

Our O-line looked like a well-oiled machine in comparison last season.

[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 13, 2009 at 16:19:23 ]

now

Notice a pattern here?

The O-Line:

Formerly brought to you by George Warhop and current rendetion by Chris Forester.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Oh man. Good point.

I wouldn't say WR's come to SF to die. Just a lot of mediocre ones come here. Terrell Owens and Jerry Rice didn't suck in SF.

Since 2003 WR's have come here to die
Where the hell did all this talk about Pashos at RG come from?

He has NEVER played RG at the NFL or College level.

-9fA
Here's my Guess

Staley - Baas- Heitman - Wragge - Snyder
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home